POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

Retail is $7,200 but limited to 500 pieces worldwide.
Honestly, my choices were between the Rolex GMT IIC ($7,000) and the IWC TopGun ($7,000) so $200 more isn't a big jump, however, I was thinking of maybegetting them maybe early next year and just get the Rolex Explorer at the moment but now.... I don't know what to do. The Hublot is just too beautiful!

Much like you, the Hubolt in that size would fit much better, so I'd lean more toward that..IMO.

I just dig them, a lot.

yup, 42mm is actually pushing it but all black watches usually wear a lot smaller and the 42mm actually has a date function and showcase caseback.
The 45mm doesn't even have either of those.
laugh.gif

Looks like hunting it down might be a bit difficult though.

Well if you can't find it, you at least have solid backup choices.

The hunt is part of the joy.

That's true but I do get impatient at times.
laugh.gif

And of course, I'll get the gummy croc strap as well. I prefer it over the regular rubber band it comes with.

Yup, just post at TZ or email the CEO and he will personally send a hand written warranty good up to 2015 I believe.
Can't have a better service than that.

Also, when there is a problem with their watches, just post it on TZ and the problem is solved a lot faster.
Their service has always been great from what I've read.

Originally Posted by RFX45

38mm is perfect for me too but I can tolerate up to 42mm, I think the 41mm TH Carrera works well with my wrist.
1810.jpg
What is your wrist size? Mine is 7 inches, and I prefer the 36 mm Datejust. I think it has better symmetry than the new 41 mm Datejust. I knowit all comes down to wearer preference, but I feel like that Tag looks gigantic on your wrist...I think my Seiko is 42 mm and even I think that's toobig...

The 36 mm does look kind of small on my wrist, and I would love to have a 40mm Submariner, but I can't justify any more watch purchases through the Mrs.
frown.gif

I think it is the pics angle that makes it look a lot bigger.
My wrist is actually 6.5 maybe less, it got smaller since I've been more active this summer time.
But it really does look fine with it, the watch just also happens to be thicker so it look huge but every time I look in the mirror, the watch doesn't lookas big.
The 36mm does look small in your wrist in the pic but it really depends on what you are used to using.
Like if you wear a majority of big watches, any smaller watches will look significantly small even though it really isn't, and vice versa.
Same thing with the weight, you could wear a very heavy watch but once you put on a regular weight watch it will feel real light.

I still think 38mm-39mm is the perfect size but the choices are too limited in that size so I have to be a bit more versatile.
I do consider the 36mm Explorer though, I think it is the smallest watch I would ever consider wearing and no other 36mm watch will do.

Originally Posted by eaalto

38mm is perfect for me too but I can tolerate up to 42mm, I think the 41mm TH Carrera works well with my wrist.
1810.jpg
What is your wrist size? Mine is 7 inches, and I prefer the 36 mm Datejust. I think it has better symmetry than the new 41 mm Datejust. I know it all comes down to wearer preference, but I feel like that Tag looks gigantic on your wrist...I think my Seiko is 42 mm and even I think that's too big...

The 36 mm does look kind of small on my wrist, and I would love to have a 40mm Submariner, but I can't justify any more watch purchases through the Mrs.
frown.gif

EAALTO you sir have a nice roley on your wrist. i def regret selling my gmt. but o well. and i feel you on the Mrs.
tongue.gif

Heres some pics of my Breitling 6.75 Bentley and Jacob JC-30 . I might sell the 6.75 or trade it for a plain one and cash as having two big diamond watchesis redundant and I dont have time to wear both usually. Also the Jacob is cool because i have a few croc bands for it and it looks better with a suit thatway.I definitely want to step my watch game up and diversify and expand my collection.
2e1a8vq.jpg

5mxqw0.jpg

Heres some old bad pics of my two Datejusts. I have since put a aftermarket presidential band on the SS one
28mogph.jpg

I just ordered this as a cheap side watch while I look for some more...
movadobaby_2074_594700826

Had a distance pic with the Carrera, it looks about right to me though.
Just right to the width of my wrist, any bigger and it would be too big I think.

Thanks.
I really am not a big Rolex fan either except for the 3 models (Explorer GMT IIC and Daytona) that I make an exception on.
I do like how some people pull it off though, like the Submariner, it almost goes with anything.

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

Heres some pics of my Breitling 6.75 Bentley and Jacob JC-30 . I might sell the 6.75 or trade it for a plain one and cash as having two big diamond watches is redundant and I dont have time to wear both usually. Also the Jacob is cool because i have a few croc bands for it and it looks better with a suit that way.I definitely want to step my watch game up and diversify and expand my collection.

Heres some old bad pics of my two Datejusts. I have since put a aftermarket presidential band on the SS one

Nice watch collection but I would get rid of the Jacobs instead of the Breitling. You can put croc straps on the Breitling as well.
As for the Gucci, I had that watch and I would encourage you to look for a different all black watch since your budget isn't really that bad.
The Gucci has a quartz movement and I have nothing against it but it will be the black sheep in your collection.

Had a distance pic with the Carrera, it looks about right to me though.
Just right to the width of my wrist, any bigger and it would be too big I think.
You're a sharp dresser, that's a good look. I'm way too thick to pull that off. And you're right, the angle on that otherpicture makes the watch look way larger than it does in this one.

Info on the shoes?

Blacked out watches like the Hublot usually look like a big blog when worn.

I'd go with the Rolex...

^^^
Big blog?
I don't know, I'm a sucker for all black watches and that is why the TopGun is one of my options.
I've seen the Big Bang Classic worn and it looks pretty good and slick.
And the Classic isn't really that thick so it doesn't look too bulky on the wrist.
542.CM.1110.RXd.jpg

Thanks for the compliment eaalto.
Shoes are John Varvatos Murray Loafers.

Here's the Tag Aquaracer on my wrist...kind of a side angle but just for perspective. I believe this is either 38 or 39 mm.

Here is the Seiko Black Monster, 42mm

From a side angle, it looks a lot bigger on my wrist, but it could also be because the case is so tall and bulky...

I've really been feeling this watch:
Oris Big Crown Telemeter Chronograph

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

Heres some pics of my Breitling 6.75 Bentley and Jacob JC-30 . I might sell the 6.75 or trade it for a plain one and cash as having two big diamond watches is redundant and I dont have time to wear both usually. Also the Jacob is cool because i have a few croc bands for it and it looks better with a suit that way.I definitely want to step my watch game up and diversify and expand my collection.

Nice watch collection but I would get rid of the Jacobs instead of the Breitling. You can put croc straps on the Breitling as well.
As for the Gucci, I had that watch and I would encourage you to look for a different all black watch since your budget isn't really that bad.
The Gucci has a quartz movement and I have nothing against it but it will be the black sheep in your collection.

I love the jacob so i dont wanna get rid of it, Id just get a plain 6.75 once i get rid of the iced one, and with the money id make from that id be able tospend a good amount on some new watches... I know the gucci is a crap watch but I do like the design and the touch of green on it alot and it was cheap so Isprung for it. Im still gonna get at least 2 high end watches if not 3 in addition to it. I might get rid of the SS datejust as well and get a Daytona instead

I see, you definitely have to love the watch first. I was jsut never a big fan.
I do love that Gucci watch but I would still suggest just investing it to the Daytona.
You might not want to wear that Gucci watch after you get a Daytona or another Breitling.
Again, if you want a blacked out watch, I suggest looking into the Breitling Blacksteel, I think you'll like it a lot.

eaalto, the Seiko Black Monster looks like it fits to your wrist perfect.
I like that Oris too, very vintage divers watch design, it would have been better if it had the 15 minute marker like in the usual divers watch.

Back
Top Bottom