POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

Originally Posted by RFX45

Frank Muller? I am not a big fan but it is regarded as well known watchmaker by WISers. I however, would put it right by IWC and maybe a little below.
iirc their a pretty new watch company compared to lets say IWC and VC who has had maybe a whole century worth of watch making experience and chances are they will stay relevant for the next 100 years.
For the look of the King Conquistador, if we are looking at the same one, I would get the Cartier Roadster.

Yeah, buying used watches is a great idea, I know collectors who only buy used but there are risks involved.
Like a fake watch or someone over emphasizing the condition of the watch, etc... All those comes to play and you could come up top in the end but you could also be at a loss.
It really depends and it isn't easy, especially now-a-days to re-sell.

elgrenas, I've seen that Rolex ons ale at that forum for a while now. DateJust isn't a big seller in the secondary market, unlike an Explorer which flies by the sales forum quick.
Having a serial number "M" mean the watch was made in 2007 so the watch is at least 2 years old, so that's a good idea to keep in mind.
It's probably not used much but that pic sucks so it'll have to be your call. I think $3,700 + shipping is too much for that DJ.
I believe that watch retails for $5,500 (I might be off a bit on the price) and that is only about 33% off from retail.
You can probably get the watch at an AD for 25% discount (maybe more since the DJ isn't a big seller) and pay an extra $300 compared to the used one you posted and it'll come with a warranty.
Remember, Rolex warranty isn't transferable so that is another thing to keep in mind.
Good luck.

True that RFX but ive always wanted a roman numeral dial. and i really like the jubelee style band.

If I were told to choose a watch brand to be worn my whole life, it'll probably be IWC.
I don't think I could say that to any other watch brands out there or even come close to it.
I just hope they do not go too big, they just replaced the Inge with the 46mm Mission Earth.

Elgrenas, true, if you love it, you can't let anyone else tell you what to get.
I'd just suggest wait for it to go down in price or even try an AD once the DJ II comes out as people will be after it like crazy and the old DJ's willbe left on the shelves.

elgrenas hit lax up, he can get you that for half the price that dudes sellin it for , a datejust is a datejust, itll never be rare or in big demand or thatvaluable, but its a good solid daily watch, theres a ton of them floating around and there will never be a shortage

as far as used watches i wouldnt just buy watches from any random dude, theres some very reputable big shops here in the NYC diamond district where you can getgreat deals and theres also other contacts ive made over the years in the jewelry industry that are able to get me access to alot of stuff used, and definitelybuying with papers and box is the way to go, or else itll be tough to sell

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

elgrenas hit lax up, he can get you that for half the price that dudes sellin it for , a datejust is a datejust, itll never be rare or in big demand or that valuable, but its a good solid daily watch, theres a ton of them floating around and there will never be a shortage

as far as used watches i wouldnt just buy watches from any random dude, theres some very reputable big shops here in the NYC diamond district where you can get great deals and theres also other contacts ive made over the years in the jewelry industry that are able to get me access to alot of stuff used, and definitely buying with papers and box is the way to go, or else itll be tough to sell

yeah ima hit him up. i got a breit super avenger from him a while back. but homie is just to dang busy flipping his jesus pcs here on NT
tongue.gif
roll.gif

hello everyone heres watches that ive had/sold in my in my lifetime and yes I always get watches at very good prices DONT EVER GO RETAIL AGAIN I AM THE PERSONWHO SELLS TO THE RETAILER GOT IT?

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

lol yea i remember u got that breit from him, u still got it?

hes got datejusts for 1500 bucks

yeah ima try and get a nice collection going. nothing that heavy like you got. just different stuff i like. you know pass it on to the little one.

what 1500 bucks mofo just pm'd me with a price of 3k
mad.gif

Thanks for the compliments, pics definitely does the watch no justice.
It looks so much better in person, all the Big Bangs actually looks so much better person.
It is ceramic so it is scratch proof, my J12 is ceramic and not a scratch on it.

Vancity, I love that Big Bang (ceramic steel) and they do come in 41mm but still somewhat thick.
I need to workout more like Al Audi, are there such things as wrist curls?
laugh.gif

The Classic All Black was just the right choice for me, it is thinner and smaller case.
I'm a sucker for all black watches (and rose gold/black combo) and they only made 500 of this in the whole world so when I found out I could get one (therewere only 2 available in the U.S. at the time I ordered it) I jumped on the chance as the regular BB will be easier to get later on.
Plus I think I will opt for the rose gold and black when I purchase my next BB.
2808103180_79c64fd083.jpg
hublot_big_bang.jpg

Hopefully with a bracelet.
hublot-big-bang-18ct-hu6514.jpg

beautiful watch rfx congrats on the purchase. How much did it run you if you don't mind me asking?

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

You going to post it on the other site so you get a letter?

Already posted. He already asked for the for the case number and my address. I'll send him an email over the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom