POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Aight, I just placed my order:

44m luminor style polished steel case w/ crystal
Black phantom sterile dial
White superlume hands

$108 shipped. Gonna rock it with a red ballistic Nato strap.

so how is the movement. compared to the real thing?

Originally Posted by elgrenas

Vancity74 wrote:

White superlume hands

I'm sure it doesn't even come close to comparing to a real Panerai movement, but on that note I will be the first to tell you that I could care lessabout movement (as long as it's not quartz). I can respect the work that goes into creating a movement and all that jazz, but watches to me are a fashionstatement and I would be lying if I told you I've ever used my watch to tell the time.

That's exactly what I'm going for sans the domed crystal.

this one is def. smooth. info?
pimp.gif

..imagine swinging your arm too close to anything while wearing that, and then getting the slightest of a scratch on the dome
smh.gif

It's crystal sapphire which is scratch resistance.

The watch posted above is a 44mm polished steel luminor style case with domed class and a phantom black sterile dial. I ordered the same thing, but with flatglass.

Any place to get a decent watch case that doesn't cost an arm or a leg outside of overstock an amazon?

Does anyone have any experiences with the Tissot T-Touch Models.. I'm really interested in this one.. not the typical watch posted here, but the featureslook super awesome. When the guy turned on the compass feature I had to let out a "dammnnnn."

20% off most Rolexes @ HauteLook.com, which includes an Explorer I, Explorer II, Air King, YachtMaster, DSSD, Submariner and Datejust.

Originally Posted by elgrenas

Vancity74 wrote:

White superlume hands

I'm sure it doesn't even come close to comparing to a real Panerai movement, but on that note I will be the first to tell you that I could care less about movement (as long as it's not quartz). I can respect the work that goes into creating a movement and all that jazz, but watches to me are a fashion statement and I would be lying if I told you I've ever used my watch to tell the time.
Panerai uses a similar 6497-2 and the Chinese equivalent is pretty close.
This movement is not very special. It's a manual wind that has been around for close to a 100 years. It's a workhorse, but it is not complex. Thereis no toubillion, date, chronograph, alarm, etc. With that understanding the Chinese movement is a really good value. It is pretty accurate, and can take abeating.

The Panerai movement has engraved bridges (on rhodium I believe), and it has a incabloc for shock protection. These features make it pretty and a little moresecure, but not worth an additional 4k.

You don't see too many watches like this in the open market because Panerai has a copyright on the crown guard. If they didn't you would have Guessand Tommy Hilfiger throwing crown guards on everything.

A nice workaround is to get these from Asia where they don't care.

Panerai cases are shaped from one piece of metal. I doubt they do that here, but I assure you no one can tell.

Panerai is best known for their lume, and their depth rating. Both of which is of no use unless you are a diving enthusiast.

I owned a Panerai 112 about 5 years ago, but eventually sold it. I like the style of the watch, but it really isn't worth the price you pay.

Hommages are a great way to get that look, and to save money.

Just ordered this exact strap, so this is what mine should look like when it's complete (except mine will have a polished case, and white hands on thedial)

3528621151_0eca6abda1.jpg

3529429084_ec495ac2a9.jpg

Should I go with a polished buckle to match the case, or a black buckle to match the face?

Up next is a PVD (debating on a phantom dial or white numerals) and a brushed steel case (white numerals).

I say black buckle. My next order is going to be a blk dial with silver arms, like that mini fiddy you posted. I really want a pvd watch but not sure whatcolor dial I want yet. What do you have in mind for yours?

I got my JOA custom in the other day and love it. I want to get a brown/orangeish gator band for it though. My getat shipment was delayed, and will hopefullybe here by Saturday. Here's the JOA 44m:

^ Looks good.

I think I'm going to do a black dial with gold hands for the PVD, and a white dial on the brushed steel. I might do a red lume on the PVD though.. notsure. Still wanna check out the quality of my Getat, which hasn't even been shipped yet.

KVN: Peep this guy's straps. $40 - $60, and they look awesome. http://www.flickr.com/photos/37926378@N04/

Yeah I would strongly advice against buying a manufactured strap for your PAM/homage. Half the fun is getting a custom strap built...

Half the fun of Pams is switching straps so you need at least 5-7 each watch so you can switch it up.
You can't have custom made for each strap and to be honest, some of those custom ones just doesn't appeal to me.
I think it's because I have a small wrist and those would look gargantuous on my wrist but it just doesn't do it for me.
I'd be happy to have something simple like these:

And then something like these for a more casual/rugged/sporty look:

got a notice my watches are here. I'll post pix up tonite

Thanks for the links. Do I need special screw drivers or can i just get a set from walmart? Also whats the difference from normail size to xl when buying thewatch straps?

Just ordered this exact strap, so this is what mine should look like when it's complete (except mine will have a polished case, and white hands on the dial)

3528621151_0eca6abda1.jpg

3529429084_ec495ac2a9.jpg

Should I go with a polished buckle to match the case, or a black buckle to match the face?

Up next is a PVD (debating on a phantom dial or white numerals) and a brushed steel case (white numerals).

man ima have to put and order for something like this but a strap like this

Originally Posted by KVN

I say black buckle. My next order is going to be a blk dial with silver arms, like that mini fiddy you posted. I really want a pvd watch but not sure what color dial I want yet. What do you have in mind for yours?

I got my JOA custom in the other day and love it. I want to get a brown/orangeish gator band for it though. My getat shipment was delayed, and will hopefully be here by Saturday. Here's the JOA 44m:

KVN is this your watch. sorry RFX you have mad heat but we very lowballing
roll.gif

Originally Posted by KVN

yup just got that in last week i believe

so let me get this straight you pick and choose every single pc on the watch? and it came out to what?

I don't understand what you're asking...But I bought this used. The previous owner had the watch modded by JOA and added the swiss movement, superlumethe hands, added some other things to make it a really solid watch. The ones from getat, I just pick stuff I want on the watch and see if he can build it fromehis inventory. It comes out to about $130 or so shipped EMS from Hong Kong. Watches are very good quality for the price.

Originally Posted by KVN

I don't understand what you're asking...But I bought this used. The previous owner had the watch modded by JOA and added the swiss movement, superlume the hands, added some other things to make it a really solid watch. The ones from getat, I just pick stuff I want on the watch and see if he can build it frome his inventory. It comes out to about $130 or so shipped EMS from Hong Kong. Watches are very good quality for the price.

oh i see. and yeah imeant that site. how legit is that site.

Sites legit. I got my 2 watches in and they look great! I would love to post pictures but I'm at a school site and photobucket is blocked. I can emailsomeone if they really want to see the pix now. But I'm ready to my last 2 and I'm content...hopefully
pimp.gif

KVN

Back
Top Bottom