POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

Originally Posted by kcenaek0rb

Hey does anyone know what's up with all these all gold watches. I've seen a lot of people wearing them around in the city as well as some celebs. Are these big now? I saw a few I liked but have no companies in mind? Any recommendations. I'm sure the watches are not 100% gold, instead gold plated. It might have even been not such a high end company like Casio or Seiko. Looking for something not to pricey for everyday. Thanks for any help guys!
Something like the watch CuDi is wearing in this video.

For example what company is this watch?

xav4ty.png

I'm pretty sure Cudi's watch is a Bapex. I wanna say they run a little under a grand.

Hello all. I am new to this thread. Ive always lurked cause I do like nice watches. My dad has a couple watches and now that i'm getting older I want to up grade my watch. Right now I just have a Gucci watch thats about 6 years old.

I have been looking at a couple different watches. Today in a higher end pawn shop I found this Breitling Chrono Colt.
They wanted like $1365 with tax. Is that a good deal? My dad said it was but I want to make sure since it will be my first expensive watch purchase.
Here is a quick pic I took.

And the best thing is they have layaway
smile.gif

I saw some online price was like $2500. But I can't find one with diamonds.

Is the Breitling new? That particular one is pretty old, released in 99-01 or maybe even before that. You can tell by the "12" index, the new ones has a triangle index at the 12-o'clock.
And I am not 100% sure but I don't think they make Colt Chrono Quartz anymore, the only Colt Chronos now are automatic. Again, don't qoute me on that one.
Again, keep in mind that it is about 10 years old so even if it is new, it is still 10 years old on display or on the safe.
It also has a quartz movement, although Breitling does have one of the best quartz movements in the industry (COSC certified & thermo-compensated).
Diamond on the bezel is probably not factory so chances are it is cheaper. I am not an expert on diamonds so I can't say the quality of it, even if you have a much better pic.
$1,365 is a lot of money so it is up to you to decide if the watch is worth it. I just suggest finding out more about the watch, ie: if it is brand new, factory bezel/diamonds, etc...

Good luck!

^^thanks RFX. I should have just PMed you.
laugh.gif

My dad did say it isnt a factory bezel but it is 14K gold. And diamonds were pretty good. Ill try to get model numbers I was kinda in a rush at the time.
Ill just PM you the info.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Also, more nice Tissot on the way:
Tissot PRS 516 Automatic Chronograph

tpr516.jpg

any release date info on the black one?  I went to check out Tissot's earlier, but none caught my eye like this one.

Whats a good website to get a parnis watch? I cannot find their website, and also are there any other brands that are good for about 100 bucks?

Originally Posted by bud dink

i would hate too have to shut this post down with the vacheron constatin

constaNtin..I beg of you, please don't shut the post down with something that you can't even spell correctly

Originally Posted by houstonsnk

Hello all. I am new to this thread. Ive always lurked cause I do like nice watches. My dad has a couple watches and now that i'm getting older I want to up grade my watch. Right now I just have a Gucci watch thats about 6 years old.

I have been looking at a couple different watches. Today in a higher end pawn shop I found this Breitling Chrono Colt.
They wanted like $1365 with tax. Is that a good deal? My dad said it was but I want to make sure since it will be my first expensive watch purchase.

smile.gif

Just my .02, but I would pass on that Houston.  $1365 is a lot of money for a quartz watch, and it's way too much money for a used quartz watch.  If I were you, in that price range I would go with a Hamilton automatic, like the X-wind, or one of those Tissots that RFX posted earlier.  Over a couple hundred for a quartz is crazy to me.  Good luck on your purchase.

Thanks RFX. I would think compared to most of the watches being posted in here that $800 wouldn't be too much. I've been waiting for my boy to sell me his watch from Jacob & Co. but i dont think he's in any rush to give it up. Any info on where I can find that blue Tissot you posted?

Originally Posted by icebergslm

Originally Posted by houstonsnk

smile.gif

Just my .02, but I would pass on that Houston.  $1365 is a lot of money for a quartz watch, and it's way too much money for a used quartz watch.  If I were you, in that price range I would go with a Hamilton automatic, like the X-wind, or one of those Tissots that RFX posted earlier.  Over a couple hundred for a quartz is crazy to me.  Good luck on your purchase.
Pics of those other? And thanks.
Im tryin to get the same type of look watch wise. Not wanting to spend over $1500. I did price some other Breitling that where auto but they were a little out of my price.
ohwell.gif

Houston, if I was in the market personally for something around $1500 I would probably look at these two:

0c6363764d1dd1157bcadf5f9205dff203e67523.jpg
new tag heuer aquaracer, retails for $1400

96416448db71d797dc9107cb2566ca9b1ee15c1d.jpg
Hamilton X-wind, retails for $1395..Love the x-wind, as a matter of fact I need to replace my everyday beater watch soon, and I think this will be the replacement.

The Tissots that RFX posted are on the previous page.  I don't know what they retail for, but I doubt it's over $1500

^^^ Good suggestions Iceberg but for $1,500 or less, I'd recommend this Tag Heuer Aquaracer.
Retail is $2,300 but it can be had for a lot less on a discount for less than $1500. Looks close to the Breitling too.
http://www.authenticwatches.com/tag-heuer-aquaracer-waf2010-ba0818.html
movadobaby_2091_111745100

The new Tag Heuer 500M Aquaracer is really nice, retail is $2550 but can be had for $1,575 shipp from: http://www.authenticwatches.com/tag-heuer-aquaracer-2000-waj2110-ba0870.html
And trust me, this watch is beautiful in person. Check it out at the store, I have seen this at Macys too.
movadobaby_2095_44365024

Originally Posted by shake n bake718

Any info on where I can find that blue Tissot you posted?

http://www.authenticwatches.com/tissot-t-sport-prc-200-chronograph-quartz.html
Try searching first though, I think you might be able to find it for cheaper.

Are a you a member already? Sorry but I think it is only for those are already a Timezone forum member.
Appreciate the help though. Thanks.

Do you guys have any recommendations for a chronograph watch? I like the Zenith Defy Classic watch, but I don't know much information about the watch. I'm also interested in the JLC Master Compressor watches. Are there any sites where I can get more information or reviews on these watches?

Also, Houston, I was browsing the other forums I frequent and saw the ESQ Stratus (made by Movado) and they look very similar to the Breitling you posted.
Here's some pics the guy posted.

Back
Top Bottom