POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

Can anyone point me in the direction of a reputable pre-owned Rolex dealer?

Thanks in advance. 

Do they sell Nixons in stores? I got one for free was hoping to exchange it for get some store credit. I'm not a big fan of the 42-20 black/leopard.
Shops like Pacsun, Zumiez, Billabong, etc. carry them. Never seen them in Macy's but I have in Bloomingdales.

Last edited:
3752451701_cf3dd7b837.jpg

Hey buds....I'm looking for a watch similar to this or if anyone could tell me what this watch is.

I'm in grad school now and I have meetings with the higher ups in my program a lot and I would like a nice watch to wear to these things.

I'm looking for a brown leather strapped watch with a white face and/or silver or rose gold case.

Would appreciate and leads to a watch like this for sub $500.

Much appreciated.

Hey buds....I'm looking for a watch similar to this or if anyone could tell me what this watch is.

I'm in grad school now and I have meetings with the higher ups in my program a lot and I would like a nice watch to wear to these things.

I'm looking for a brown leather strapped watch with a white face and/or silver or rose gold case.

Much appreciated.

Tissot PRC 200

Currently saving up for a Hand Wound rose gold Portuguese...retail is something like $18k. What are the chances of finding one for closer to $10k? I think I saw a new one for $12k once...but I'd have no problem buying it used. I'm just absolutely in love with that watch for some reason.

Last edited:
Just copped this. Best $20 ever spent. Looks great, perfect everyday watch, can double as casual or for dressier occasions

Here is one of the Stuhrling skeleton watches I was talking about. The windows to see all the inner working gears is dope as hell:

Much appreciated.

Tissot PRC 200

thanks braj.

I'm stuck now....I really like automatic watches but the price point for this prc is pretty nice. I was also looking at this:

or

...and just add a brown strap.

I wish I could pick up the 150th annivesary le locle....perfect look...

can someone school me on stuhrling watches....they seem to be pretty decent bang for your buck watches....
My manager has one. It's a brown leather strap with a copper/rose gold face. Super super dope

They specialize in skeleton watches, ones where you can see the gears inside whether it have a small clear window or the entire face is clear

What's the consensus on Mont Blanc watches? Do they retain value well? 

I like IWC but I believe that their entrance into a more mainstream culture has jacked their prices a bit too much. Great looking watches but the pricing is off. 

Looking into the  TImewalker . Anyone have Experience with it? 

I understand that MB is a" fashion" house first and foremost but they have great classic styling and they did purchase a legit movement to place into their watches/  

Last edited:

I like IWC but I believe that their entrance into a more mainstream culture has jacked their prices a bit too much. Great looking watches but the pricing is off. 

Personally think that Mont Blanc's have great classic styling. 

i have a mont blanc meisterstuck with the rubber band and it's my favorite watch. in terms of holding value not to sure but its just awesome.

I understand that MB is a" fashion" house first and foremost but they have great classic styling and they did purchase a legit movement to place into their watches/  

What movements does Montblanc have these days? Don't they stilll have untouched ETA movements? Quality is good, on par with any other watches in it's price range but again it's fashion watch and not like Cartier which holds their value well, Montblanc just doesn't.

IWCs pricing has gone up but it has stayed with the rise of price in all watches like Omega and Rolex. IWC has always been priced the same for the most part, what I don't like is that they continually make the cases bigger which pretty much prevents me from getting another one to add to my collection.

can someone school me on stuhrling watches....they seem to be pretty decent bang for your buck watches....

Pass on them, basically fashion brand quality type watches. If you want a watch that is similar buy the Sea-Gull M171S from seagullusa.com, bought one and is on par with the Hamilton and Tissot brands which go for $500.

Last edited:
thanks braj.
I'm stuck now....I really like automatic watches but the price point for this prc is pretty nice. I was also looking at this:

or

...and just add a brown strap.
I wish I could pick up the 150th annivesary le locle....perfect look...

I own a couple of Hamiltons and the Tissot PRC200. Check out the Tissot Visodate quality is good but crap strap. The Tissot PRC200 looks great but feels cheap considering the $300 price tag and is hella chunky. I recommend looking at the watches from Citizen, best bang for your buck, solar technology, and tons of features. I own alot of Citizens and love there quality. Try them out at a local store and buy them off eBay or Jomashop.

What movements does Montblanc have these days? Don't they stilll have untouched ETA movements? Quality is good, on par with any other watches in it's price range but again it's fashion watch and not like Cartier which holds their value well, Montblanc just doesn't.

IWCs pricing has gone up but it has stayed with the rise of price in all watches like Omega and Rolex. IWC has always been priced the same for the most part, what I don't like is that they continually make the cases bigger which pretty much prevents me from getting another one to add to my collection.

Aside from Cartier as you mentioned and I assume Rolex, what watches hold their values well?

I'm not that well versed in the watch trade but Mont Blanc's are basically Minerva watches. They bought the watchmaking outfit a few years ago from Swatch (?). 

Minerva designed and manufactured in house movements. I don't really know if they were completely independent or worked off of ETA designs. 

Aside from Cartier as you mentioned and I assume Rolex, what watches hold their values well?

As mentioned before Panerai, Patek holds value well too. These brands doesn't hold value as good as Rolex or Panerai or Patek but JLC, IWC, GO and VAcheron seems to do well on the secondary market too but of course it depends on the model.

I'm not that well versed in the watch trade but Mont Blanc's are basically Minerva watches. They bought the watchmaking outfit a few years ago from Swatch (?). 
Minerva designed and manufactured in house movements. I don't really know if they were completely independent or worked off of ETA designs. 

Hmmm, that is interesting but I don't see Montblanc putting an in-house movement on their Timewalkers, not for a watch that retails for $3k. Maybe their higher end like Nicolas Rieussec. I mean I know they Minerva used to make cheaper than usual in-house movements but is there any proof or indication Montblanc uses Minervas cal48 movements? Even so, iirc (it's been a while since I've read something about Minerva) but Minervas movement isn't the most accurate or reliable to begin with, might be changed now that they aren't a small family owned company. In any case, Montblanc being a fashion house and has money to throw into marketing, I think they would charge more for a Timewalker if it had an in-house movement and market it as such.

The windows to see all the inner working gears is dope as hell:

RFX or whomever is knowledgable in this thread... School me on A. Lange & Söhne. Thanks!

One of the best but also one of the most expensive. Very highly regarded by WISers and it is definitely right there with Patek while being a lot less ubiquitous.

damn braj's I need some help...like I posted above I'm in the market for a nice brown strap rose gold/gold watch to wear to meetings. I'm stuck between a couple choices for under $500. But before I get to that do you guys think going to an actual watch store...i'll be in nyc btw, would fare better than picking it up online?

Here's my tentative picks:

Tissot prc200

hamilton jazzmaster

tissot le locle anniversary edition

tissot visodate (thanks Jy)

decisions decisions....

Jyabbz, I checked out seagull...friggin watch is sold out and I would have def went in on this one....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom