POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

My Christmas present to myself came in today. I've been looking for a solid all black watch for a minute now and finally decided on this Steinhart.

Good quality + decent price + EXCELLENT customer service = me happy. Also grabbed a ceramic bezel (not installed) along with a few NATO straps. Don't mind the protective plastic....haven't taken it all off yet because I gotta wrap it up for Christmas.

^ thank you, sir. I've had my eyes on an all black Movado for years, but after learning more about watches, I couldn't justify the price for the quality/craftsmanship I'd get. And I already have two Movados that I received as gifts, so it was time for something different.

I'd recommend Steinhart to anyone though. Very nice quality and a good buying experience. They have a grip of different styles too. I'm already plotting my next purchase SMH.

Sweet watch :smokin
Looking into getting one myself, just not sure which color I'm gonna go for yet. How much did you pay for yours if you don't mind me asking? Most of the ones I've looked at online are around $1000-1500.

Thanks, it's a watch to wear with almost everything.

Actually got it from Amazon, big discount.

Last edited:
Nice F1, really like the Grande Date version and really hope they expand the ceramic bezel to the rest of the F1 watches.

Thanks, nothing compared to your Hublot but I like the weight and feel of it, and the bezel is awesome.

Any more thoughts on the watch I posted in the last page?

Personally, I don't like the watch. Don't dig the face of the watch or the business of the dial. Is it gold?
If it is more likely gold-tone which would fade over time.
Looks like an automatic but what kind of crystal does the watch have? Mineral, sapphire, acrylic?
Not a fan of the crown either, looks big for the watch case and might even dig into my wrist. What kind of crown is it and what is the water resistance?
Exhibition caseback?
Is that a rubber/silicone strap? For $950, it should come with a ss bracelet or a above average leather band with a deployment clasp
How big is your wrist? How big is the watch? Any pics with it on? Do the lugs hang over your wrist?

IMHO, I wouldn't buy it, looks too ordinary like every other watch out there but if you like it, do you brah. For a grand, I would much rather get a Longines, Oris, Steinhart, Laco or Stowa.

Last edited:

Steinhart makes some quality time pieces and good job picking up the sub homage. I would pick up the LV Steinhart homage myself but it looks too close to the real thing which would make me want the real version more :smh:. But anyways, still a great watch for a great price :smokin.

^ Yeah, I was on the fence about the whole homage thing at first, too.  But hey--the Sub has a classic, timeless look.  I see nothing wrong with showing love to it.  And if you're gonna go that route, you may as well go with a brand that is touted by watch enthusiasts for having great quality at a solid price point.

I know some folks are against the homage pieces, but honestly if I wanted to act like I had a Rolex on while not being able to afford one, I'd just cop a fake.  But that's not me.   

Water resistant
Clear case back
Sapphire crystal
42mm
The strap is some sort of carbon fiber according to the salesperson.

Here is a pic I found on the site

Last edited:
Haven't posted in here since this thread was on Yuku. :lol:

Picked up an early Christmas present for myself earlier this afternoon. My first automatic. :smokin

Since I was using my Suunto Core (50mm), 46.5mm just felt perfect. I don't think I'll be too comfortable going below 40mm.

This should last me a while until I save up for better ones. :smile:

Last edited:

Looks fake upon further inspection. No websites sell visodate under $400

We know that this website, the site I have had to buy. This site is sell original tissot watch. Is a concern.

Wtf are u talking about, speak proper English because you sound like you are trying to shill for the website in question. With 2 posts very suspect and remember most tissot fakes are sold in HK and even triangulated to UK. Plus this dudes English is hella suspect, sounds like the cats from china when you ask them a question if the watch is legit or not, no straight answer, the run around.

^ Site looks very suspect. Even the wording is poor.

New members don't have to wait for a month before their applications are approved now? :nerd: :smh:

Haven't posted in here since this thread was on Yuku. :lol:

Picked up an early Christmas present for myself earlier this afternoon. My first automatic. :smokin

Since I was using my Suunto Core (50mm), 46.5mm just felt perfect. I don't think I'll be too comfortable going below 40mm.

This should last me a while until I save up for better ones. :smile:

I always found this watch interesting, very futuristic. If it wasn't so super ginormous I would probably own one.

Very nice and interesting, thanks for sharing pics.

I also like Hamiltons retro LCD watch but then again it is just too big for me.

Last edited:
^ thank you, sir. I've had my eyes on an all black Movado for years, but after learning more about watches, I couldn't justify the price for the quality/craftsmanship I'd get. And I already have two Movados that I received as gifts, so it was time for something different.
I'd recommend Steinhart to anyone though. Very nice quality and a good buying experience. They have a grip of different styles too. I'm already plotting my next purchase SMH.

INdeed Movado's are beautiful.

Another favourite black watch of mine, although I'm not a fan of the brand is this Panerai:

It has a ceramic backplate and I believe it's a limited release.

Last edited:
I've been wanting a watch for a while but I always spent my money on other stuff. But my folks got this for me as a graduation gift.

I'm very happy with it, I plan on getting another watch sometime in the near future but this will be my everyday wear.

I always found this watch interesting, very futuristic. If it wasn't so super ginormous I would probably own one.
Very nice and interesting, thanks for sharing pics.
I also like Hamiltons retro LCD watch but then again it is just too big for me.

how does that watch work if it's an automatic?

Back
Top Bottom