POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

Generally, designer watches just aren't worth the price. You're paying more for the name than the actual mechanic, craftsmanship, and history of the watch.

Last edited:
Generally, designer watches just aren't worth the price. You're paying more for the name than the actual mechanic, craftsmanship, and history of the watch.

All of this. Nothing about them makes them worth the price they ask. Unless you get them really cheap then i guess.

TypeRPinoY: you talking grey market or used?? :nerd:

orange indexes
I agree this is trendy now and might not "age" well, style wise

the safer and more subtle option:

A big reason why I like the PO is that in certain circles (i.e. when I visit the DC office), a lot of people have subs/rolex ... I'd like to mix it up (also 42mm cases fit perfect)

That is one bad thing about Rolex, it does have that stigma or negativity that it is a watch you show off to let everyone know that you made it. It's just one of those things that if you aren't going to like that kind of attention (people calling you baller now that you have a Rolex and such) then you are safer with the PO. Plus PO can be had at a deeper discount brand new so it'll end up much cheaper than the Rolex.

so i have no clue what non designer watch would be equal to that style wise then

Traded my GMT IIc for this SUB C. Much more content now.
beautiful...I actually went the other way..I ended up giving my non date sub to someone for a grad present and picked up a GMT II C..I'm shopping for a datejust II but I can't do with dropping damn near 8k on a datejust.

First watch I bought myself was a $500 Burberry watch. Quartz movement that would probably cost $25 if it didn't have the Burberry name to it.

Kinda wish I would have known more about watches, but I've graduated and recently bought a IWC Portuguese that I posted on the last page. I still use the Burberry one as a casual everyday watch though til I can add to my growing collection.

If you're buying a watch because you like the look of it, there's no shame in that.

If you're asking "what about Burberry watches", you're asking about the name, not a particular watch.

We all buy what we buy for different reasons.

I own a Gucci watch because there was something about the look of it that I found irresistable. Not because I wanted "gucci" on my wrist.

But I also waited it out to get it for cheap. So shop around and try to do the same.

Last edited:
First watch I bought myself was a $500 Burberry watch. Quartz movement that would probably cost $25 if it didn't have the Burberry name to it.

Kinda wish I would have known more about watches, but I've graduated and recently bought a IWC Portuguese that I posted on the last page. I still use the Burberry one as a casual everyday watch though til I can add to my growing collection.

Bruh, you're like me. My first watch was also a Burberry, and now I'm looking to get an IWC Portuguese as my next watch.

Sick watch man, definitely a great gift!

Thanks bro :smile:

Bye the way I feel about an MK watch after reason up on this thread...is to not think of them as watches, more so a bracelet...aesthetically they have some neat watches....but they are really not watches...if that makes sense.

Yeah I'd get the Sub between the two as well.

Suunto Core All Black - My Work/Deployment Watch:pimp:

Forgot that it looks like that brand new. :lol: Mine has definitely taken some beating in the past few years I've owned mine. Still love mine, though. It's just that the straps are a little fragile for something that's supposed to be rugged. And battery life isn't that good, either.

I am in the market for a nice all black watch, I have been looking at these 3 tags, anyone have any info, advice or recommendations, Thanks

Aquaracer for sure. Automatic movement with a simple design and it is just the best looking of the 3.

Last edited:
I see grey market mentioned in this thread. What is the grey market and what kind of price can I expect on a gold Submariner (the newer models with the bigger case) in the grey market

I see grey market mentioned in this thread. What is the grey market and what kind of price can I expect on a gold Submariner (the newer models with the bigger case) in the grey market

Grey market means the store isn't an authorized dealer so the warranty will not be covered by the watch manufacturer, instead the warranty is from the store itself so something happens to the watch they will try and fix it themselves. To me, for the cheaper purchases with a simple movement like Tags or Hamilton or Tissot, buying from Jomashop or Authenticwatches is good enough as any problems with the movement should be easy enough to fix. With something more complicated or in-house movement, where I would not trust any regular watchmakes to fix or even clean the watch, I'd go with an authorized dealer. With the internet these days, it is easy enough to get the same (if not better) discount from an authorized dealer and even save a few bucks on tax with a little bit of work.

That is simply my opinion though and how I feel about grey markets. They have their place for bigger discount and sometimes they have old stock of watches that has been discontinued but they also aren't perfect for every purchase. Just make sure the grey market store is legit if you do buy from them.

Friendly advice, you should be able to get those Tags for cheaper. At least 20% to up to 30% off.

rfx you comic book *****...I'm looking to get the brown strap tissot prc200....would you suggest going into a watch store for a better price than $300 online?

Back
Top Bottom