POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

That's dope, post it when you get it! I still think that's beyond customer service and something that is lost on other companies (as I'm sureI've stated over and over again in this thread lol).

What was the out the door on that?

Sorry but part of the deal is, since most of the store I buy from browses forums, I do not disclose the price.
The same with the IWC's I've purchased, they just do not want to be shopped around, and I completely understand their reasoning and have to respectthat.
It is also the reason why I only disclose the AD's info, when someone PMs me, when they are really ready to buy.
It really isn't as much or as expensive as most people think though.

Damn, just found out the gummy croc strap started coming out, got to get a hold of my AD to see when I can get one.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Sorry but part of the deal is, since most of the store I buy from browses forums, I do not disclose the price.
The same with the IWC's I've purchased, they just do not want to be shopped around, and I completely understand their reasoning and have to respect that.
It is also the reason why I only disclose the AD's info, when someone PMs me, when they are really ready to buy.
It really isn't as much or as expensive as most people think though.

Damn, just found out the gummy croc strap started coming out, got to get a hold of my AD to see when I can get one.
not a problem I can respect that.

I'm not a watch expert but I admire and know a lil something. True or False though most high end watches can be had for under the MSRP correct? Maybe itdepends on how limited? Any watches that go for more than the msrp at the time like say a Ferrari Enzo?

For the most part, never ever pay retail for watches.
There are exceptions though, but it is still hard to say.
With watches, precious metals tend to be discounted higher.
You'll often find yellow gold Rolexes with a bigger % discount than a stainless steel, for the mere fact that more people prefer the ss version and areoverall cheaper.

But I don't think I am answering your question. There are rare instances that watches go for over retail, it only often happens with vintage watches.
Or something that is really in demand, but it has to be really rare that a person are willing to pay over retail for it to get their hands on it before someoneelse does.
Even the Daytona, which is infamous for being sold without any sorts of discounts at all, rarely sells for over retail.
Panerais is also infamous for selling watches without discount and that really is the main reason Pams and Rolex maintain their resale value.

Again, I digress. Simple answer, yes, never pay retail for any watch.

Do you think the simple fact that the Hublot is so limited (2 in the USA?), it is going to appreciate in value?

That Rose Gold Hublot is just drop-dead gorgeous. I look at that, and I look at the watch on my wrist right now and it's like looking at a Pinto vs anEnzo...

Only time will tell. The brand itself is becoming much better overall.
And it really depends how well it sells. If all 500 sells, then the value will definitely go up.
I've never seen this particular one go on sale int he used market yet so it might go up in resale value later, I don't think it will resell any higherthan msrp though.
Maybe in 10-20 years, it might.

Anyone do business with dexclusive.com before? Just wanted to check any feedback from people on NT. I'll be ordering my first watch (Tissot PRC200) andthey had a better price over Jomashop with no tax as well.

Dexclusive is pretty legit.
They also operate via ebay and have plenty or feedback so I think your good.
Try ordering through Bing.com though, you may get an extra 5%-10% in cashback.

yo RFX how does that work. the cashback?

First you must have a live account or hotmail.
Then just go to Bing.com and go to the shopping section.
You can either search for the item you want to buy or go to the store.
Each store and item has a designated percentage of cashback.
When you make the purchase, you will have to pay the full price and then the % cashback goes to your bing account where it will sit there for 60 days beforeyou are given a check for that amount or credited to your paypal account.
It takes 60 days to guarantee the item isn't returned and the person still receives the cashback.

I'm new to this whole watch game, so I'm assuming if I order from Dexclusive, Jomashop, or an eBay seller...that they are all "gray market"and won't have a warranty card, correct? (I also wonder if some of these eBay sellers are selling fakes, I see Tissot PRC200s at $195 before shipping).

Amazon has the watch for $271, would that be considered "gray market" even though they are a massive online retailer?

I'll definitely check out Bing.com

Thanks for answering all my questions, I know it's a bit much. Just wanted my first small purchase to go well, I'll be aiming for a Tag Carrera nextyear.

Almost any online stores are grey market.
Tag Heuer recently allowed the sale of their watch online through 3 online sellers and they are authorized stores.
And yes, grey market watches doesn't have the manufacturers warranty but usually has the stores warranty.
Like Dexclusive, depending on the watch you buy, they provide a store warranty of 1-5 years.
That means that if anything happens to the watch, you send it to Dexclusive and not the watch manufacturer.
Dexclusive will either have their own watchmaker or send it to a watchmaker on their own.
On one hand, a simple quartz or ETA movement watch can be easily fixed and parts a cheaply available so it is no worries to get those fixed.
On the other hand, a more complex movement won't be familiar to the run of the mill watchmaker and parts will be more difficult to get so I wouldn'treally trust them to fix it themselves, I rather an expert from the watch manufacturer make all the repairs themselves.

BigLescobar wrote:
lol yea i remember u got that breit from him, u still got it?

hes got datejusts for 1500 bucks

yeah ima try and get a nice collection going. nothing that heavy like you got. just different stuff i like. you know pass it on to the little one.

what 1500 bucks mofo just pm'd me with a price of 3k
mad.gif

it would be a bit older elgrenas like 90s or so

price i quoted would be newer type

^^ thats real nice RFX....I just purchased that Tissot PRC200 as a "beginner" watch, is it a good one?? read alot about it people said it wasnice.....

The PRC200 is a fine watch, probably my favorite from Tissot.
A lot of people here likes it too, please post pics if you can.

^^ I will, I know you've posted alot about different bands, but what would be the best place to get a black leather band for it?? thanks alot RFX

I always turn to fredawatchstraps.com for my watch straps needs.
They have one of the best prices on the net and you get free stuff if you purchase $35 or more.

Strap orders $35.00 and above will include: free shipping in the US, spring bars and the mini full service spring bar tool. The tool may be substituted for: static wrap watch protector, Cape Cod cloth or additional titanium (16, 18), brushed or PVD buckle (18)

Back
Top Bottom