Pound4Pound strikes again...vol @witnesskb24 get in here

As many of you know...me and my brother @So Much Sole 23 warned NT about P4P and low and behold....

[/quote]PHOENIX (KSAZ) - An alleged scam involving a sneaker consignment store has reportedly left dozens of Valley residents high and dry.

The alleged victims are reportedly out thousands of dollars, and the consignment store's owner is reportedly nowhere to be found.

Rare or exclusive sneakers, like Nike Air Jordans or Adidas Yeezy Boosts, can go for big bucks in the open market. Collectors - called "sneakerheads", camp out to grab the rare kicks, and when they're ready to walk away from a pair, they can cash out.

Kicks sold online and at consignment stores could be sold for $9,000, $10,000, or even $11,000.

In the Valley, Pound For Pound in Phoenix was a popular sneaker consignment store that closed in August. While it is not uncommon for businesses to close, an investigation has found that the owner allegedly owes multiple people in the Valley thousands of dollars.

"They sold for a grand total of $750, and I was supposed to get $600," said Michael Montoya. He has been trying to get his money from Pound for Pound, for almost a year. He brought three pairs of sneakers, last November.

"I was told by an employee that the shoes were sold on November 10, November 25, and November 29," said Montoya. "Literally within a month, all three had been sold."

Montoya's proof is a receipt from the store, showing three pairs of Jordans ranging from $120 to $280, with Pound For Pound set to keep 20% of the sale. Montoya never got a dime before he found out the store had suddenly closed

"I understand if you can't give me the money, but you can't even give me the shoes back," said Montoya. "At that point, it's stealing!"

Pound For Pound had two other locations in Los Angeles and Dallas. Both have also shut down, with online complaints alleging many others have been ripped off in California and Texas as well.

In mid-August, Pound For pound still had sneakers on their shelves while closed. By mid-September, the store had cleared out.

"You're helpless," said Mark Fernandez. "They close down, and you don't know what to do."

Fernandez dropped off a substantial sneaker collection to Pound For Pound earlier in the year. Some were sold, but some didn't. Then, Pound For Pound reportedly told Fernandez to come back and pick up his shoes last month, while they still owed him money.

"Almost $1,100," said Fernandez.

Customers, like Flagstaff's Eric Bohn, can't find Pound For Pound's owner, Brandon Naper. Bohn had successfully done sneaker business with Pound For Pound in the past, but that changed this year.

They left several other sneakerheads without any payment," said Bohn. He is reportedly still owed over $1,700, and is actively trying to get that back.

"I filed a suit with the Maricopa Justice Court," said Bohn. "The Small Claims Court."

There is, however, one problem. Naper, Bohn said, is nowhere to be found. Bohn's attorney has not been able to serve the Naper. FOX 10 Phoenix also tried to contact Naper, to no avail.

In the meantime, multiple people who are reportedly still owed thousands of dollars are left hanging, while they wait for the other shoe to drop.

"I think they started out maybe with good intentions, and just got a little over their head financially," said Bohn.

"That $600 is a lot of money," said Montoya.

"It's like, pay back what's owed," said Fernandez. "That's the bottom line."

We reached out to the Attorney General's Office for consumer advice, and an official there said those who believe they are a victim, and are owed money from this consignment store, should contact the Attorney General's Office and file a complaint.[/quote]

L.A. shut down a year ago...maybe longer...
witnesskb24 witnesskb24 where's your boy @thesyndicate to make sense of this...I know you middle man'd some things for him.

Just be cautious...buyer beware.

I predict Cool Kicks is next...the UN has too many blind followers who keep them open for a bit longer but when the kids get tired of buying fakes...they're next.

I never understood the point of a so called "sneaker head" to sell a pair of shoes at a consignment shop

You know how much the shoes are worth, you know the condition...sell them yourself it's not that difficult instead of basically paying someone to sell them for you

Yes I know about middle manning but it's not that hard to create yourself an online reputation of your own

I never understood the point of a so called "sneaker head" to sell a pair of shoes at a consignment shop

You know how much the shoes are worth, you know the condition...sell them yourself it's not that difficult instead of basically paying someone to sell them for you

Yes I know about middle manning but it's not that hard to create yourself an online reputation of your own

For me...when I was heavy into reselling...Flight club took all of the risk. I just picked up the check.

A lof of these "consignment" shops are bank rolled by selling fakes though.

The consumer goes in..."oh it's a consignment shop...and they say 1000% authentic, so it must be".

They make rent thru key masters and fakes. period.

Should've just used GOAT or StockX, still sucks those people got burned though

They opened up years before App consignment was around.

They got into trouble when they opened up in L.A. The co-owner, Saam, was getting in shipments of fake Black/Red 11s and pawning them off as consignment pairs, but in reality, he was switching the real with the fake and bulk selling them to other shops and resellers.

He got greedy, stop paying the rent, and took off with all the consignment pairs one day.

Of course, the sneaker community only cares for 1 day...so they rebranded to P4P, kept the AZ shop and opened up a Dallas location....history repeated itself.

Flight Club has 2 stores. 2. They move so much volume...it's a viable business model.

But when a fly by night consignment shop opens up a bunch of locations with only a 10% fee....you do the math.

With the use of equity loans...a lot of shops have gone to buy outs ,but buyer beware....If it's not SG, SS, RIF, or FC...there's a chance they're gonna go belly up.

Brendan essentially went off the deep end once Saam and David left. I haven't talked to Brendan in over a year probably. I know he started gambling (betting on sports) and from what I heard that started this huge downward spiral. Dudes a piece of trash but the year or so I dealt with him it was good (which was 99% middlemanning).

Hell I had a pair of shoes sold through there for $2800 and had to wait weeks for him to figure it all out. Luckily Saam took care of me and I finally got paid. I think he was selling shoes, gambling with revenue, then using customer A's money to pay customer B.

Something like this happened to me like 4 years ago, feeling sucks man.

Over here in the dmv a homie had a cosignment shop in College park, still on NT too i think.
His story was he got into some drama with his gf at the time and she took all his shoes and sold them behind his back to keep the profit. Dude closed shop/disapeared and never heard from him again. I was heated but life moves on.

...And ill let karma take care of him instead of wasting my energy on his ***** ***

"Sneaker heads" are corny anyway, sell the shoe yourself and you won't have this problem.

Sole control in philly.

Atc in Miami

All 3 p4ps.

These shops get in over their heads and bounce.

You really think UN moves product that affords them 100k shopping sprees every week?

I’m not gonna speak too much into it now but beware that J got funny money.

A lot of them are crooks. Look at half the stores that get "robbed" aka that young insurance scam

You really think UN moves product that affords them 100k shopping sprees every week?

I’m not gonna speak too much into it now but beware that J got funny money.
Ive been a regular customer of UN before the hype, and talked with J multiple times. Dude is extra humble, and Id be absolutely shocked if he is shady. They aint all crooks...

foot traffic, popularity (not talking about P4P, but bigger stores like Flight Club / RIF), and saving time.

I brought some non-hyped supreme items to RIF (their 2nd LA store consigns supreme items) and it sold within a month for a good price, i wouldn't have been able to push it for that price within the time frame if i posted on all of the forums daily.

ahhh Sole Control in philly LOL

had a homie who loved it there, i never stepped foot or gave them a dime of my money.

wonder if anyone ever got anything back, doubt it

ATC still open? I know they have a shop at the beach but I haven't passed by there in almost 6 years

I get it but I'm also not somebody that just got took for their shoes/money

I mean it's not like a regular thing that something like this happens. There's been some big ones but compared to how many random *** consignment shops there are it's a low risk situation. I never used one myself personally because I didn't wanna wait for my stuff to sell but I see the benefit. You'll get people using online credit and paying absurd prices plus the amount of advertising. Needless to say if I ever did send my stuff to one it would be Flight Club or Rif, not one of these random ones (which is what P4P was IMO)

Back
Top Bottom