POWER THREAD (Sun., Starz)

He earned a raise but had no leverage. How many people can name another character Omari played before or after Power? His rate is up and his demand is around the same.

Michael Jai White was their first choice for Ghost. :lol:
He's worked on like 7 projects since he left Power and it's been QUIET. A movie of his with J. Lo recently dropped on Netflix and I didn't see anything about it before I went to his IG.

Hopefully the strike doesn't prolong the next season's release. They can go ahead and wrap this up in season 4.

They’ve been shooting season 4 for a while now so not sure that means regarding the writing aspect.

Saxe mentioned the episode with him getting killed was shot well over a year ago on the podcast too

He earned a raise but had no leverage. How many people can name another character Omari played before or after Power? His rate is up and his demand is around the same.

Michael Jai White was their first choice for Ghost. :lol:
He's worked on like 7 projects since he left Power and it's been QUIET. A movie of his with J. Lo recently dropped on Netflix and I didn't see anything about it before I went to his IG.

Valid point, that’s how it is with any negotiation. No leverage, you gotta acquiesce.

And yea I’m familiar with his work, you’re right, box office he is not :lol: And that’s unfortunate, the man is talented, but one of many

MJW would’ve been CRAZY :lol: Damn, wonder why he turned that down. Probably the money too

They killed him off instead of giving him a raise :lol: He was the only legitimate actor out of 50+ ppl and it showed :lol: He was the entire show, so I get it.

Similar **** happened to New York Undercover way back when. Higher ups stingy with the checkbook, they write ya off

True, but the bolded part is wrong:

A318FA96-A1F0-4067-84A3-2EDF0D30EE3F.jpeg

I be half trolling, but it says something about Michael Rainey Jr that STARZ was able to build a multi year, successful spinoff on a child actor turned adult.

***** literally growing up before our eyes. Bad writers and all. He deserves better, tbh.

MJW would’ve been CRAZY :lol: Damn, wonder why he turned that down. Probably the money too

Yeah he would've been crazy in the PowerVerse.

Taking down entire drug cartels by himself with the kung fu. :pimp:

Courtney would've probably had him doing his Black Dynamite character with all the sound effects too. :lol::pimp:

I’m still sitting here wondering how the whole power series was centered around ghost, tommy, Tasha and kanan controlling the drug game in New York.

Fast forward, bad acting Monet J Blige and book 2 would it make it seem like New York is the size of Texas and no one knew about them.

and what was the whole grooming arc about? Tariq been on his fast and furious arc 3 seasons but he’s not all the way in? So the writing is going to get even more outlandish?

Back
Top Bottom