PRESENTING...NAOMI CAMPBELL'S HAIRLINE

Originally Posted by Name I Koop

Originally Posted by UnkleTomCruze

Originally Posted by nom de guerre

Why do some women need hair weaves? They need to let it grow out and stop messing with it. Her scalp obviously has been messed with for years now. Hopefully this is a wake up call to some women who continue to still use weaves and relaxers. Natural curly hair>

QFT on everything you've typed.

But at the end of the day, the blame cannot be put on the women alone. (Because this kind of hair damage is more potent in the black community, I'll limit my critique to just that--the black community).

If NT is any evidence, natural or stereotypical (not used in a negative context) black features (in women) are not considered superlative, especially when juxtaposed to white and/or latina features.

Rarely will you see a black woman praised on here unless she has already augmented herself (her naturalness) to fit a standard of beauty which has already been determined by white women (white men implicitly) and latina women.

Naomi Campbell is a perfect example. She lives and works in an industry that sells and distributes what the white mans idea of what beauty is. For her to be successful in this industry, or at the very least, fit into it, she had to augment herself. I mean, while no one physically forced her to do what she did,  the fact is, psychologically, she had no choice.

And that same mentality trickles down into the black community. You can't be a beautiful black woman unless you perm your hair to be straight like that of your white/latina/asian cohorts, when naturally, straight hair is very rare in the black community. You cant be viewed as a dime or anything close unless you're light "skinneded" (yes I'm very much aware of how I spelled it.) Ohh and we certainly can't forget about how your natural physique is considered "FAT" (a point that is only the case because white women are the standard of comparison).

When all is said and done, Naomi (and many other black women) has reached this stage because men have communicated that white features are the standard. So in attempt to access that "standard", she puts all that chemical junk in her hair and this is the end result. A sadder point is the fact that black men cosign this nonsense, much to the peril of black women.

**Waits for the usual "crowd", that can always be found downplaying black-related issues, to make an appearance and attempt to write off everything that I've stated**

HEAR HEAR!!!!

Society is !+!$%$* with our heads...literally and figuratively... free thought is very uncommon....like the man said, just look around this forum...

preach.jpg

but y'all don't hear him, though.

Originally Posted by UnkleTomCruze

Why do some women need hair weaves? They need to let it grow out and stop messing with it. Her scalp obviously has been messed with for years now. Hopefully this is a wake up call to some women who continue to still use weaves and relaxers. Natural curly hair>

QFT on everything you've typed.

But at the end of the day, the blame cannot be put on the women alone. (Because this kind of hair damage is more potent in the black community, I'll limit my critique to just that--the black community).

If NT is any evidence, natural or stereotypical (not used in a negative context) black features (in women) are not considered superlative, especially when juxtaposed to white and/or latina features.

Rarely will you see a black woman praised on here unless she has already augmented herself (her naturalness) to fit a standard of beauty which has already been determined by white women (white men implicitly) and latina women.

Naomi Campbell is a perfect example. She lives and works in an industry that sells and distributes what the white mans idea of what beauty is. For her to be successful in this industry, or at the very least, fit into it, she had to augment herself. I mean, while no one physically forced her to do what she did,  the fact is, psychologically, she had no choice.

And that same mentality trickles down into the black community. You can't be a beautiful black woman unless you perm your hair to be straight like that of your white/latina/asian cohorts, when naturally, straight hair is very rare in the black community. You cant be viewed as a dime or anything close unless you're light "skinneded" (yes I'm very much aware of how I spelled it.) Ohh and we certainly can't forget about how your natural physique is considered "FAT" (a point that is only the case because white women are the standard of comparison).

When all is said and done, Naomi (and many other black women) has reached this stage because men have communicated that white features are the standard. So in attempt to access that "standard", she puts all that chemical junk in her hair and this is the end result. A sadder point is the fact that black men cosign this nonsense, much to the peril of black women.

**Waits for the usual "crowd", that can always be found downplaying black-related issues, to make an appearance and attempt to write off everything that I've stated**

HEAR HEAR!!!!

Society is !+!$%$* with our heads...literally and figuratively... free thought is very uncommon....like the man said, just look around this forum...

preach.jpg

but y'all don't hear him, though.

So for future reference, if a black woman wants straight hair..,.....are perms a better route long-term then weaves?

I see you guys condemning weaves/lace-fronts but not perms.

So for future reference, if a black woman wants straight hair..,.....are perms a better route long-term then weaves?

Some women have thin hair and will never grow out to be thick hair so they wear weaves to make their hair look thicker or some women just like to go from short hair to long hair whenever they want to. Nothing wrong with that.

Some women have thin hair and will never grow out to be thick hair so they wear weaves to make their hair look thicker or some women just like to go from short hair to long hair whenever they want to. Nothing wrong with that.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

The reason behind why a black woman should want to perm her hair, in attempt to achieve straight-hair, is in of itself, the root (no pun intended) of a serious problem.

Ask yourself--why should said black woman want straight hair when that's not the natural state of her hair? In answering the question, take into consideration the fact that in order to achieve that straight hair, said black woman has to expose her hair to highly corrosive chemicals that are known to burn the scalp if left in for too long.

Perms do just as much, if not more, damage. The chemicals seep into the pores and %#$$ their whole *#!* up.

The reason behind why a black woman should want to perm her hair, in attempt to achieve straight-hair, is in of itself, the root (no pun intended) of a serious problem.

Ask yourself--why should said black woman want straight hair when that's not the natural state of her hair? In answering the question, take into consideration the fact that in order to achieve that straight hair, said black woman has to expose her hair to highly corrosive chemicals that are known to burn the scalp if left in for too long.

Perms do just as much, if not more, damage. The chemicals seep into the pores and %#$$ their whole *#!* up.

Thats not a forehead....that years decades of weaves and lacefronts taking their ugly toll.  Ones scalp can only take so much 

tired.gif

but at the end of the day, she's about to marry a billionaire

!+++ ya'll gonna tell her

Thats not a forehead....that years decades of weaves and lacefronts taking their ugly toll.  Ones scalp can only take so much 

tired.gif

but at the end of the day, she's about to marry a billionaire

!+++ ya'll gonna tell her

Originally Posted by cocolicious

roll.gif
but there is something wrong with that---it does damage.to.your.hair. And I've never heard of somebody with naturally "thin" hair--especially if that somebody is black.  It's just years, and years of mismanagement.

anways, like dude said, most people are ok with the natural hair they see on TV. Myself, and MILLIONS of other women don't have that "curly" kinda natural hair.  To be quite honest, I've heard countless times "Oh, I wanna go natural...but my hair is too nappy/etc." or "it won't look good on me". Your natural hair will look as good as you make it look.  If you don't have the hair where u can just get up and go, THEN DON'T JUST GET UP AND GO. But you can braid the front and have an afro in the back....or natural double strand twists where it makes your hair curly, or something.  I think people are under the MISconception that natural hair=hair I don't have to do. NUH UH. Natural hair requires just as much maintenance (if not more) than a perm, press, or weave.

/rant

I have locs by the way
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by cocolicious

roll.gif
but there is something wrong with that---it does damage.to.your.hair. And I've never heard of somebody with naturally "thin" hair--especially if that somebody is black.  It's just years, and years of mismanagement.

anways, like dude said, most people are ok with the natural hair they see on TV. Myself, and MILLIONS of other women don't have that "curly" kinda natural hair.  To be quite honest, I've heard countless times "Oh, I wanna go natural...but my hair is too nappy/etc." or "it won't look good on me". Your natural hair will look as good as you make it look.  If you don't have the hair where u can just get up and go, THEN DON'T JUST GET UP AND GO. But you can braid the front and have an afro in the back....or natural double strand twists where it makes your hair curly, or something.  I think people are under the MISconception that natural hair=hair I don't have to do. NUH UH. Natural hair requires just as much maintenance (if not more) than a perm, press, or weave.

/rant

I have locs by the way
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom