Prince, Passes Away at 57.

Michael Jackson's death didn't really move me too much, but here I am chillin' in my house w/ a few hours to kill before dinner...no TV on, and just completely rockin' out to my Prince albums.

I honestly never done this following a musician's death, but man....I appreciate the hell out of Prince's talent. One of the best EVER.

My heart can't take this. I refuse to believe Prince is gone. There's no way. Michael, Whitney, David Bowie, and now Prince?

All of my childhood heroes are gone. Seriously, who do we have left? Nah, i quit.... For real, yo.
Does it at least make you feel at ease that you were able to experience all of what he was able to offer.

I always look at it like this, unless someone died in their prime how much more am I going to "miss" about them now vs. 30 days ago.

No I am not saying g it doesn't Matt that he is dead. Not saying that at all.

Just saying what we are going to miss about him hasn't really changed over the last month especially since he wasn't really in the limelight anymore.

I do and am very happy with my time period. Going from 10 to 20 between 1985 and 1995 is priceless to me.

My heart can't take this. I refuse to believe Prince is gone. There's no way. Michael, Whitney, David Bowie, and now Prince?

All of my childhood heroes are gone. Seriously, who do we have left? Nah, i quit.... For real, yo.
Does it at least make you feel at ease that you were able to experience all of what he was able to offer.

I always look at it like this, unless someone died in their prime how much more am I going to "miss" about them now vs. 30 days ago.

Just saying what we are going to miss about him hasn't really changed over the last month especially since he wasn't really in the limelight anymore.

The ability to see him in concert has most certainly changed.

:lol: at the "limelight" being the criteria for missing someone. Dude put out an album last year so the potential to get more new music was there.

And now it is not. Except for whatever unreleased material exists.

I was named after this man 
frown.gif

RIP KING

I guess your right, i'm just so distraught. Everyone is gone, my friend. Everyone....

:lol: at the "limelight" being the criteria for missing someone. Dude put out an album last year so the potential to get more new music was there.

If you go back to when Luther died, so many people said they would miss him. But the thing is, the Luther we knew was no longer active.

Prince, not to that extent, shares the same inactivity.

You said he released and album last year, how was it?

And you are right, you won't be able to see him live, so you would miss that aspect.

It's crazy to ponder on how huge of an artist Prince was, yet we didn't know much about him other than the music.  Makes me appreciate all these stories from his friends, who now feel at liberty to let the world know how special of a person he was.  

http://www.pri.org/stories/2016-04-...ow-why-prince-chose-me-one-his-young-prot-g-s
Fam, I'm looking at your avy and now want to see Sade at least once in concert.

smokin.gif
Do it if you get the chance!  Might be too late though--got a feeling their last tour was the last hurrah.  Hopefully I'm wrong.  

And yeah, she's as fly in person as she is in my avy.  Scored 2nd row seats and was entranced by her beauty the entire show.  

The Current live stream been on since I woke up about 10:30a. Really wish I was back in Mpls this weekend.

If you go back to when Luther died, so many people said they would miss him. But the thing is, the Luther we knew was no longer active.

Prince, not to that extent, shares the same inactivity.

You said he released and album last year, how was it?

And you are right, you won't be able to see him live, so you would miss that aspect.

Artofficialage was a good album he was still putting out quality stuff. I never got to see him live and I'm absolutely devestated by the fact.

It's crazy to ponder on how huge of an artist Prince was, yet we didn't know much about him other than the music.  Makes me appreciate all these stories from his friends, who now feel at liberty to let the world know how special of a person he was.  

http://www.pri.org/stories/2016-04-...ow-why-prince-chose-me-one-his-young-prot-g-s
Fam, I'm looking at your avy and now want to see Sade at least once in concert.

smokin.gif
Do it if you get the chance!  Might be too late though--got a feeling their last tour was the last hurrah.  Hopefully I'm wrong.  

And yeah, she's as fly in person as she is in my avy.  Scored 2nd row seats and was entranced by her beauty the entire show.  
Damn, I'm still salty that I missed that.

I'm hoping she pulls a Maxwell and does more music. She still looks and sounds fantastic, imo.

The origins of the Purple Rain album were lifted from this killer show at First Avenue in 1983. Feeling strange seeing all of these clips that used to only be shared among hardcore fans on YouTube, but since we're all in our feelings, and it's all about the music, it feels right. Enjoy. Really thinking about uploading some of his unreleased stuff soon.

The origins of the Purple Rain album were lifted from this killer show at First Avenue in 1983. Feeling strange seeing all of these clips that used to only be shared among hardcore fans on YouTube, but since we're all in our feelings, and it's all about the music, it feels right. Enjoy. Really thinking about uploading some of his unreleased stuff soon.

This the show with the OG 10 minute long Purple Rain right? Never seen the whole show before, thank you.

I have been watching this which is just the Purple Rain portion http://www.mojvideo.com/video-purple-rain/be184bd99022fba24544

Again thanks a lot for that video.

Last edited:
This the show with the OG 10 minute long Purple Rain right? Never seen the whole show before, thank you.

I have been watching this which is just the Purple Rain portion http://www.mojvideo.com/video-purple-rain/be184bd99022fba24544

Again thanks a lot for that video.

No problem. I didn't upload it, but P's legal team is loosening the reigns on YouTube, at least for the weekend, for a lot of fans to pay tribute to him by sharing some rare stuff online. There's ALOT more where that came from.

Back
Top Bottom