***PRO-AM/COLLEGE/HS BASKETBALL/AAU PLAYERS CHIME IN..AND ASK THE REF***

AFTER WATCHING LAST NIGHTS HEAT v. CELTICS GAME....

IM SO HAPPY I HAVE NO HOPES OF BECOMING AN NBA REF...IF THE FIX WASN'T ON IN THAT GAME, THEN TIM DONAHEY IS INNOCENT.

EVEN THE MOST AMATEUR REF KNOWS NOT TO BLOW IN SOMEONE ELSE'S AREA...SMH @ BEVETTA & CRAWFORD...AND THAT NEW ROOKIE....THE GAME ISN'T ABOUT YOU SO STOP TRYING TO SHOWBOAT AFTER YOU MAKE A CALL AND STOP POSING FOR THE CAMERA...

AFTER WATCHING LAST NIGHTS HEAT v. CELTICS GAME....

IM SO HAPPY I HAVE NO HOPES OF BECOMING AN NBA REF...IF THE FIX WASN'T ON IN THAT GAME, THEN TIM DONAHEY IS INNOCENT.

EVEN THE MOST AMATEUR REF KNOWS NOT TO BLOW IN SOMEONE ELSE'S AREA...SMH @ BEVETTA & CRAWFORD...AND THAT NEW ROOKIE....THE GAME ISN'T ABOUT YOU SO STOP TRYING TO SHOWBOAT AFTER YOU MAKE A CALL AND STOP POSING FOR THE CAMERA...

any plays or questions you guys may have lmk?

this should be right in the middle of the rough part of the season teams are playing conference play and the games mean something now.

this should be right in the middle of the rough part of the season teams are playing conference play and the games mean something now.

Originally Posted by bigsupa

No caps lock?
eek.gif
eek.gif

roll.gif

For real though...

I'm a fan of college basketball, mid-major/small schools to be exact, more than any other level of basketball. I've always wondered how are refs taught to apply the closely guarded 5 second rule? I know 6 feet and within is when the count starts, but visually how are you taught to apply the count?

No caps lock?
eek.gif
eek.gif

roll.gif

For real though...

I'm a fan of college basketball, mid-major/small schools to be exact, more than any other level of basketball. I've always wondered how are refs taught to apply the closely guarded 5 second rule? I know 6 feet and within is when the count starts, but visually how are you taught to apply the count?

BIG SUPA!!
gettin my hoopin on once again..

sooo my question is:
when are you inbounds ?

Scenario:
so the red team gets the rebound and outlets the ball..
the blue team tips the ball from the red team..
but the blue player runs out of the bounds (like 3 steps)
the same blue player steps in (both feet) and passes it for a lay up ..

can he be the first one to touch the ball ?
or is he out of bounds till someone else touches the ball..
(my response is that yes its not football)
and its basically the same situation with dwade freaked manu.. (if you saw that)

thanks i hope i explained that well enough..

BIG SUPA!!

sooo my question is:
when are you inbounds ?

Scenario:

and its basically the same situation with dwade freaked manu.. (if you saw that)

Originally Posted by romedadude

No caps lock?
eek.gif
eek.gif

roll.gif

For real though...

I WAS AT HOME WHEN I TYPED THAT...IM AT WORK NOW...
roll.gif

BASKETBALL IS A MATHEMATICAL GAME. IT INVOLVES PHYSICS GEOMETRY AND ALL OTHER TYPES OF MATHEMATICAL EQUATIONS.

HERE'S A STANDARD SIZED COURT
basket.gif

IF YOU SEE THE HALF COURT CIRCLE THE RADIUS FROM THE HALF COURT LINE TO THE OUTSIDE OF THE CIRCLE IS 6' SO IS THE DISTANCE BETWEEN THE FOUL LINE AND THE TOP OF THE KEY.

ONCE YOU ARE ON THE COURT AND YOU VISUALLY SEE HOW FAR IT IS AND HOW BIG THE PLAYERS ARE YOU DETERMINE THE 6' DISTANCE.

TO THE AVERAGE EYE THE DISTANCE OF 6' WHEN LOOKING AT COLLEGE PLAYERS TO THOSE IN HIGH SCHOOL MIGHT LOOK A LIL SHORTER. THAT'S BECAUSE MOST COLLEGE PLAYERS ARE NATURALLY BIGGER AND LONGER THAN THE AVERAGE HIGH SCHOOL PLAYER

TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, AT THE END OF THE DAY IT IS UP TO OUR JUDGEMENT TO DETERMINE HOW FAR YOU ARE, BUT WE DO USE THOSE HALF CIRCLES ON THE FLOOR AS A GUIDE.

Originally Posted by romedadude

No caps lock?
eek.gif
eek.gif

roll.gif

For real though...

I WAS AT HOME WHEN I TYPED THAT...IM AT WORK NOW...
roll.gif

BASKETBALL IS A MATHEMATICAL GAME. IT INVOLVES PHYSICS GEOMETRY AND ALL OTHER TYPES OF MATHEMATICAL EQUATIONS.

HERE'S A STANDARD SIZED COURT
basket.gif

IF YOU SEE THE HALF COURT CIRCLE THE RADIUS FROM THE HALF COURT LINE TO THE OUTSIDE OF THE CIRCLE IS 6' SO IS THE DISTANCE BETWEEN THE FOUL LINE AND THE TOP OF THE KEY.

ONCE YOU ARE ON THE COURT AND YOU VISUALLY SEE HOW FAR IT IS AND HOW BIG THE PLAYERS ARE YOU DETERMINE THE 6' DISTANCE.

TO THE AVERAGE EYE THE DISTANCE OF 6' WHEN LOOKING AT COLLEGE PLAYERS TO THOSE IN HIGH SCHOOL MIGHT LOOK A LIL SHORTER. THAT'S BECAUSE MOST COLLEGE PLAYERS ARE NATURALLY BIGGER AND LONGER THAN THE AVERAGE HIGH SCHOOL PLAYER

TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, AT THE END OF THE DAY IT IS UP TO OUR JUDGEMENT TO DETERMINE HOW FAR YOU ARE, BUT WE DO USE THOSE HALF CIRCLES ON THE FLOOR AS A GUIDE.

supahoopa wrote:
BIG SUPA!!

sooo my question is:
when are you inbounds ?

Scenario:

AS LONG AS BOTH FEET ARE INBOUNDS YES HE CAN GET THE BALL.

YOU CAN TIP THE BALL TO STOP FROM FALLING OUT OF BOUNDS EVEN IF YOUR MOMENTUM PUSHES YOU OUT OF BOUNDS THEN ONCE BOTH YOUR FEET ARE INBOUNDS YOU CAN TOUCH IT AND GO ON YOUR WAY WITH IT.

I REMEMBER MJ DID SOME THE SIMILAR...AND BETTER 
laugh.gif

supahoopa wrote:
BIG SUPA!!

sooo my question is:
when are you inbounds ?

Scenario:

AS LONG AS BOTH FEET ARE INBOUNDS YES HE CAN GET THE BALL.

YOU CAN TIP THE BALL TO STOP FROM FALLING OUT OF BOUNDS EVEN IF YOUR MOMENTUM PUSHES YOU OUT OF BOUNDS THEN ONCE BOTH YOUR FEET ARE INBOUNDS YOU CAN TOUCH IT AND GO ON YOUR WAY WITH IT.

I REMEMBER MJ DID SOME THE SIMILAR...AND BETTER 
laugh.gif

I WANNA SAY MOST PLAYERS DON'T KNOW THE MAJORITY OF THE RULES.

I agree. I ref at the rec league level and the amount of bs that comes out because of calls is rediculous.

I WANNA SAY MOST PLAYERS DON'T KNOW THE MAJORITY OF THE RULES.

I agree. I ref at the rec league level and the amount of bs that comes out because of calls is rediculous.

Back
Top Bottom