projects in ny

Meeting chicks from the projects can be a disaster just off the strength of cats being jealous that you're messing with a chick that would give them no play. Doesn't matter if you have the look or not.

I know those projects you're speaking about OP. I'm from Queens, and I used to go around that neighborhood playing basketball. I don't think you went to Queensbridge, but you may have went to Ravenswood instead. That area isn't as bad.

I've been there during all sorts of times throughout the day and I've never once had a problem.

I'm Indian for people wondering.
I could have sworn you were were Dominican.

females live in n projects I tell them to meet me at the corner store
That can be just as bad. Cats line off the corner store just like the front of the building.

Last edited:
I didn't watch the video yet but I thought this little poem may be appropriate for this thread

Trife Life (Verse 2)
Author: Havoc of the Infamous Mobb Deep

OK check it, you're on your way to your girl's crib
But the ***** live in the 'Bridge
You ain't really sweatin it, cause little do you know
The ****** in the 'Bridge be settin it
You thought you was safe and tried to walk the backstreets without heat
on the 41st Side (settin it) of 12th Street
The side where ****** don't give a ****
The side where if you come through frontin, kid you gettin bucked
On your way, to apartment 3A
with a phat herringbone, let him slide, no days
Son get the heat, cause I'm about to stick em
(**** that ****, yo if that ***** front, yo hit him!)
Aight bet, so just hold it down
while I cock back the long three pound
You're upstairs bonin, not knowin that I'm scheamin
Just the right time kid, it's twelve in the evenin
You're leavin out the buildin as you kiss your girl goodbye
Thought you was safe and got caught by surprised
"What's goin on?", as I reply,
"Shut the **** up and don't make this 'to another homicide"
He tried to play tough so I put one in his brain
Even though I took his life, all I wanted was the chain
Come through truck without heat, how you figure?
When you in the projects keep your fingers on the trigger

Last edited:
had to come peep again, video had me
roll.gif

subscribed
That was a real funny video, bruh.

I subscribed.

roll.gif

Well done. Subscribed.
had to come peep again, video had me
roll.gif

subscribed
Pretty good
pimp.gif

Hope you drop more.
EDIT:

my dude came through with the roger ebert review. appreciate it.
well done...

black comedy that looks like black comedy.... not black comedy that looks like whitepeople's take on black comedy..

main black dude is a good actor...

timing and tone are right

+rep

Last edited:
laugh.gif

Yeah, meeting chicks in their projects DOLO is usually a no-no unless you're familiar with the area or been there before.  If you're familiar, you won't act sus.  If you don't act sus, less chance you get preyed on.

A lot of my closest friends grew up in, and in some cases still live, in the PJs.  I've passed a bunch of projects walking home every day in the many blocks I've lived.  Never had any problems. 

Bottom line, though, don't be in someone else projects unless you have reason.  And if it's for a girl, go at your own risk. 

I know a lot of dudes love to claim thug life but I always hated meeting a bad ***** and then finding out she lived in the projects.

Light skin brothas don't just blend in as easily.
It was always love though.
no matter how much you bout that life...every dude relaxes a lil bit inside/ a lil sigh of relief when they find out a chick lives in the burbs or a nice area :lol:

But me and my homeboys always had a general rule about trying to avoid other ppl's projects...shorty could live in the worst hood but as long as it aint the jects its good to go :lol: ....too easy to for ppl to know you not from round that way if its a project

Last edited:
Their pj's are not all that bad...overrated in that sense IMO. Matter of fact almost everything in and about NY is overrated or exaggerated.

And chill with all that honking all the time, folks kill me with all that nonsense. Lucky they don't get bucked at for honking.

just moved to ny went to the projects in LIC last month to meet this chick and saw like 20 dudes in the front. they didn't mess with me, but it gave me an idea and i decided to make this video. feel like some of y'all can relate.

So you went to queens bridge son?
Better listen to some mobb deep and get familiar lol

it would be dope if it was a continuous thing like every other day episode type gig. Has Potential.

Back
Top Bottom