PROTEGE Info Post - 7 new models, Pg 16

anybody played ball in them already? how was the performance? any comparison with big ben starbury's?thanks!

Sneak peak of the new line on protegemvp.com go to the protege+kmart window in the bottom right corner. Al's next shoe is lookin sick on there!

I debated on buying these to beat em up and see how they perform compared to my rotation stuff right now cuz kmart was running a special on them.

but these things NEED some type of insole aftermarket, your feet and legs will not survive without them.

Sneak peak of the new line on protegemvp.com go to the protege+kmart window in the bottom right corner. Al's next shoe is lookin sick on there!

20ho56q.jpg

Stack jack 2 is done but doesn't drop till next feb. The samples Dallas had looked like nothing I ever seen before and they had tech in the heel.

Ima cop a pair. I can see myself ballin in a pair. They don't look bad. All of them look better than most Wades.
They might beat out starburys. I got a pair of starburys that I've never worn.
Now I can't even get any since they closed the Steve n Barrys up here.
I'm feelin the protege's line. So far

Dallas Stokes says,"RED STACKJACKS COMING SOON WITH ALL NEW IMPROVED SOCK LINNERS!!! BUT PLEASE NIKETALK FAM LET ME KNOW WHEN ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!! NOTHINGHURTS THE GAME WORSE THAN WHEN COMPANIES KEEP RELEASING A WHACK SHOE IN 3MILLION COLOR WAYS A YEAR. A BAD SHOE IS A BAD SHOE NO MATTER WHAT COLOR IT WAS THENNOW OR IN THE FUTURE!!! SOMETIMES I WISH WE DIDNT HAVE CLASSICS SO I CAN SEE A BIT MORE ORIGINALITY OUT THERE!!!

Originally Posted by goldenstackz

Stack jack 2 is done but doesn't drop till next feb. The samples Dallas had looked like nothing I ever seen before and they had tech in the heel.
any pics??

goldenstackz wrote:
Dallas Stokes says,"RED STACKJACKS COMING SOON WITH ALL NEW IMPROVED SOCK LINNERS!!! BUT PLEASE NIKETALK FAM LET ME KNOW WHEN ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!! NOTHING HURTS THE GAME WORSE THAN WHEN COMPANIES KEEP RELEASING A WHACK SHOE IN 3MILLION COLOR WAYS A YEAR. A BAD SHOE IS A BAD SHOE NO MATTER WHAT COLOR IT WAS THEN NOW OR IN THE FUTURE!!! SOMETIMES I WISH WE DIDNT HAVE CLASSICS SO I CAN SEE A BIT MORE ORIGINALITY OUT THERE!!!

Can we get pics of the red stack jacks with the sock liner please?

omg i can't wait to get a pair of red stackjack$. might have to get a few pairs.

i'm sorry, what is the name of the model on the bottom left pic? they look very promising. i'm digging the warriors color. can we get some throw backGS colorways?

heads up!

stackjack$ are buy one get the second pair half off at kmart.com. 18th is the last day of the sale.

anybody played ball in them already? how was the performance? any comparison with big ben starbury's?thanks!

Finally copped these with the buy one get one half off deal Kmart has got goin'. Scooped up the stackjacks and the aspires. Before I give this quickreview let me give some background on me and how I ball, size 16 foot, 6'6 250, do it all type player..post up, jumpers, slasher, rebounds...

First the bad news: I couldn't even finish a full game in the aspires. the description of these kicks says the midsole is hidden, there is none, just areal thin sockliner. From putting them on the first time i knew it wasn't going to be pretty for my feet, cushioning is non-existent.

Good News: There is no heel slip in the Apires, decent fit all around (the straps really help). I dropped my Lebron IV's zoom air sockliner in theAspires and those joints were good money. Not great, but awesome for a $35.00 shoe. IMO not really worth a purchae if you have to drop the sockliner from a$100.00+ shoe in them or buy an insole just to go get through a game

Unlike the aspires, the stackjacks are a decent ballin kick right out of the box. firm but decent cushioning a little heel slip but for the most part a goodperforming shoe, good ankle support, well ventilated... I really can't see a $35.00 kick performing much better. Can't say much about durabilitysince I have only balled in them 4 or 5 times but they seem to be holding up well.

Conclusion: Def pick up the aspires for stylin'...$35.00 or not the kicks look good. Pick up the stackjacks if you are actually lookin for a shoe to ballin. Believe it or not they actually perform on the court.

P.S. - the outsole on both my joints was curved around the forefoot area. Didn't seem to affect performance but was annoying to say the least. Seems tohave worked its way out on the stackjacks (prob cause I have been ballin in them) but for 35.00 I guess I shouldn't complain

Got both the StackJack and the AH1

Both pretty good sneakers especially at BOGO prices.

Back
Top Bottom