Prove to me why Lil Wayne is great?

Originally Posted by trak1sh

Why is it always the new members that try to bring up wayne, hoping to get props because they know waynes hated on by majority of NT.

No need to bash. + If its a new member to niketalk.. how are they gonna know NT hates wayne?
All i was trying to do with this thread, is to see people who, say wanye is great/best rapper alive, and how they would back up theese statements.
I personally use to bump wayne Carter II and previous, Recipet is one of my fav. tracks. I just feel like wayne has evolved to be a rapper that tries to behot, and wants to cater to what his general audiance wants to hear.

Originally Posted by Pushak513

Originally Posted by Flash Uno

dude is weak juice..... he cannot compete with the likes of nas, jay, em, pac or big....

You say hes weak juice..have you heard relapse
roll.gif
complete trash. better leave Em out of that one. he went down hill worse than wayne did. I'll take Wayne in autotune over Em with that dumb arabian accent anyday. I can't think of a quality Nas album in the last 5 years either...better think that statement over.

roll.gif
homie ... put down the shrooms ... dude does his accent forapproximately 1.5 verses on the entire album ... get the hell outta here ... i bet you havent even listened to it on the ole hatin hype train ...
laugh.gif

OP how old are you? Aside from the random tiny bopper and my 11 year old cousin I've never heard anyone say Wayne is the greatest.

Anyway, some of Wayne's work, actually a lot of it is appreciated. C1 and C2, Dedication 1 & 2, Lil Weezyania, SQ series, Prefix, Suffix, a coupleother mixtapes. Not to mention 500 degreez and the rest of the *+#$ from his hot boy days.

^^^

Not sure if you were adressing me but, not really here on NT, but other places..

I guess it depends on the crowd you run with but even most of the hood has moved past Wayne now. Same bammas who hailed him as the best rapper alive a fewyears ago say he fell off now. I don't take 98% of opinions seriously.

Wayne NOW is buns but Wayne circa C1-2ish definitely WAS great and there is no denying that. Y'all acting like Wayne is soulja boy or something. Despiteall the stupid @%! $+%! he puts out now, he still has that ability to turn it on when necessary.

For sure. In no way at all is Wayne bad, i personally dont see him as being great with what hes doing now.

smh.gif
Wayne's gotta be the most overrated rapper EVER. People in school are tryna claim that he's the GOAT, or that hes better than half the rappers Ilisten to. eg. Jay, Cam, Clipse..

Originally Posted by jville819

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

Originally Posted by jville819

Who outside of Wayne himself says he;s the greatest alive.
what rock have you been living under fam. this is by far the consensus with the younger generation. ive even heard them go far enough to be like who the hell is nas/jay z.
laugh.gif
and there are also some older heads that will agree too. i dont agree with none of that foolishnesss, but you been under a rock if you think your statement is true
I'm not speaking about dumb @!% kids.

I'm talking of his peers or critics. I know critics talk of him as being the biggest star in rap and working his @!% off dropping %##@ every other week but that in no way makes him the greatest rapper alive.

I've never heard Jay, Nas, Em, T.I., Ye, or any other rappers who are known to be at the top say he's the best in the game.

Being the most popular doesn't mean you the best. I used to love Wayne so in no way am I trying to hate or anything but he can't be claiming he's the best when he's the only one saying it

Kanye & Andre 3K said it

Dre I'm talking about his popularity because homie said "of the month".

Wayne's been at that level of national attention for like 3 years or so.

His stretch of good music extends before that, you right.

The Wayne that once was was indeed great, but when speaking about the modern day Wayne I dont see how the word great can even grace the same sentence

I get in arguments every other day it seems about Wayne
laugh.gif
I just have never seen what all the hype is about.

Carter 3 Sessions
Drought 3

I could listen to the WHOLE thing without trippin

BUT

After those mixtapes, every new leaked mixtape I've peeped now there's BARELY 3-4 tracks that get replay value.

Originally Posted by Pushak513

Originally Posted by Flash Uno

dude is weak juice..... he cannot compete with the likes of nas, jay, em, pac or big....

You say hes weak juice..have you heard relapse
roll.gif
complete trash. better leave Em out of that one. he went down hill worse than wayne did. I'll take Wayne in autotune over Em with that dumb arabian accent anyday. I can't think of a quality Nas album in the last 5 years either...better think that statement over.
indifferent.gif
what?

DROUGHT 3 IS @%%%%%+ TERRIBLE!!!!

GAD DAMN, HOW DO Y'ALL EVEN LINK THAT %+*$?!?!?!?!?!?

IT IS HORRENDOUS!

*Kicks over computer screen*

mad.gif

DreClark always gets emotional over Drought 3
laugh.gif

That was my summer 07 theme music

Alright +$+%@ I am D-Boy, no decoy, and I will straight up destroy any boy, or man
And I prefer, money, them %!***%! or just reefer
We are Young Money +$+%@ and I am the leader
We are Currency, Mack Maine, and D-Raw..and I just signed a chick named Nikki Menarge
And me, I'm still spittin' like a ******, and these #*%$#$ soft they should be rappin' in leotards
%@#%$ we in charge, Baby put me in charge
And I'm just murderin' #*%$#$...free of charge!
Ya dig? Just holla back I'll see ya sarge, I'm so !#!@$#%$%@%@$ high I can eat a star

I'm so !#!@$#%$%@%@$ high I can eat a star

I'm so !#!@$#%$%@%@$ high I can eat a star

Genius.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by AirThompson

He's the flavor of the month in rap. He'll fall off soon like so many others.
I didn't know a month = 3 7 10 years...
*Fixed*

Weezy up until Drought 3/Carter 3 is appreciated.
He hasn't had the mass popularity for that long but Wayne has been nice since Guerrilla Warfare & Tha Block is Hot up until said C3 Wayne

Back
Top Bottom