PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Via investor.ea.com

FIFA 10 Ultimate Team DLC pitched amid sales surge
fut-120109.jpg

FIFA 10, the latest iteration of EA Sports' biggest global franchise, itself based on the world's most popular sport, is selling well. That's an understatement. Worldwide, EA estimates game sales have surpassed 4.5 million units since the October 1 launch, including a so-called record-setting first week, in which 1.7 million units were sold in Europe to make FIFA 10 the world's "fastest-selling sports video game." What better time to announce that the game will receive a fresh pair of legs?

EA today announced the pending release of FIFA 10 Ultimate Team, a DLC management mode -- introduced to the series last year (and ported to this year's slumping Madden game) -- that has been made over with a "redesigned chemistry system built around player relationships." Think: God game governing platonic dating-sim played with a deck of cards, and ... you're there. Come February, Ultimate Team will be available for download for 400 or $4.99 via Xbox Live and PSN.

My Take: 4.5 milli
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via investor.ea.com

FIFA 10 Ultimate Team DLC pitched amid sales surge
fut-120109.jpg

FIFA 10, the latest iteration of EA Sports' biggest global franchise, itself based on the world's most popular sport, is selling well. That's an understatement. Worldwide, EA estimates game sales have surpassed 4.5 million units since the October 1 launch, including a so-called record-setting first week, in which 1.7 million units were sold in Europe to make FIFA 10 the world's "fastest-selling sports video game." What better time to announce that the game will receive a fresh pair of legs?

EA today announced the pending release of FIFA 10 Ultimate Team, a DLC management mode -- introduced to the series last year (and ported to this year's slumping Madden game) -- that has been made over with a "redesigned chemistry system built around player relationships." Think: God game governing platonic dating-sim played with a deck of cards, and ... you're there. Come February, Ultimate Team will be available for download for 400 or $4.99 via Xbox Live and PSN.

My Take: 4.5 milli
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Via businesswire.com

Dante's Inferno demo on PSN Dec. 10, XBLM Dec. 24
dantedemo.jpg

There are plenty of beloved Christmas Eve traditions observed across the globe. Whether it's roasting chestnuts or watching the Christmas Story marathon, everyone's got a different way of marking the arrival of St. Nick. EA's hoping that the 360 owners among you will start a brand new, equally-sentimental tradition as it releases a demo of Dante's Inferno for XBLM on Dec. 24. The sample includes the entire first level of Dante's demonic journey into hell and goes great with eggnog.

Those preferring PSN will get the demo on Dec. 10, a date which has the dual benefit of (1) being two weeks earlier and (2) not making the baby Jesus cry.

Via Andriasang

Fist of the North Star Musou hits Japan in March
ken1201.png

Japanese gamers and eager importers will be able to start throwing hundreds of high-speed punches at giant thugs as soon as March 2010. In a video game, we mean. Specifically, in North Star Musou, the Dynasty Warriors spin-off based on the legendary, post-apocalyptic fighting manga, Fist of the North Star.

Also, unfortunately, the company released the price for the upcoming brawler. We say "unfortunately" because it's ¥8,190 ($94.27), which probably marks the end of quite a few import plans. Koei has yet to announce a localized version of the game, but we don't think the publisher would allow a Warriors game to go unreleased.

Man ever since last saturday I've been playing nothing on my PS3 but the God Of War HD Collection. I don't know why but somehow I just didn't playGod Of War I & II when the first came out on the PS2 back in the day. Well I think it was more because I was playing mostly GTA III, GTA: Vice City, GTASan Andreas, Madden back on the PS2. But man honestly so far just playing God Of War and almost half way through the game I'm just totally amazed on howaddictive, intense, and fun this game is. The graphics, story, pace of the game, and battle mode is just
pimp.gif
. Still havent and won't download, install, and play the demo of God Of WarIII unitl I beat the first 2 games. Can't wait for God Of War III to come out this spring. I usually don't do the special, limited, or ultimate versionof games but this is really sick and I may have to pre order it and buy it:

270231_contentLG.jpg

The Ultimate Edition will feature the following:

Exclusive Collectibles
  • High-End Sculpted Replica of Pandora's Box
  • Limited-Edition God of War Art Book featuring exclusive art, content and interviews
Exclusive Digital Content (Available via PlayStation Network voucher codes on day of launch)
  • God of War Combat Arena containing an exclusive environment and seven challenges
  • Premium Kratos Skin - Dominus
  • God of War: Unearthing the Legend Franchise Documentary - a full-length movie documentary depicting the history of the God of War franchise
  • God of War Trilogy Soundtrack - God of War, II, and III scores from the game (mp3 digital download).
  • God of War: Blood and Metal EP - a heavy metal homage featuring original music inspired by God of War (mp3 digital download).
Reserve God of War III and receive a GameStop exclusive Phantom of Chaos character skin. Based on early concept art done when the God of War I team wasfirst creating the character that would eventually become Kratos. Available online and in-store while supplies last. Note: Theexclusive unlockable skin becomes available in-game when the player has completed the entire GOW III game at least once.

GOW3_Skins_bonusLG.jpg

[h2]FFXIII is 50-60 hours long[/h2]
December 2nd, 2009 @ 07:20
By Patrick Garratt

FFXIII director Motomu Toriyama has told a mysterious Japanese magazine - we're assuming it's Famitsu - that his imminent RPG won't be for the faint-hearted in terms of time-commitment.

"For XIII, the size of the entire game is considerable," he said, as reported by Kotaku.

"Just running through the main story takes experienced players over 50 hours. For the first time, I think it's possible to play through in full in about 60 hours or so."

All you 10-hour namby pambies had better man-up, innit. The Japanese version's out next week. Europe and America get it in March.

in here like swimwear with GT5

psn: PG_General

i'm blown i didn't get the hdmi cables though
frown.gif

friday's payday though!!!

Yall give me some MUST COP games for this joint... i only don't mess wit rpg's so keep that in mind
smokin.gif

Via examiner.com

MGS: Peace Walker Releasing in March
resized_mgs_peace_walker.jpg

Kojima and Konami wasted no time in crafting Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker for the Sony PSP. The latest issue of Famitsu is reporting a March 18th release date for the title.

sigh there was so much potential for this game if only it was on ps3 as well. That CG image you posted would probably be a dang in- gamescreenshot of the game lol
but no doubt I'll still get it on psp lol playing the demo now

Originally Posted by MarTdiZzle23

Via examiner.com

MGS: Peace Walker Releasing in March
resized_mgs_peace_walker.jpg

Kojima and Konami wasted no time in crafting Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker for the Sony PSP. The latest issue of Famitsu is reporting a March 18th release date for the title.
sigh there was so much potential for this game if only it was on ps3 as well. That CG image you posted would probably be a dang in- game screenshot of the game lol
but no doubt I'll still get it on psp lol playing the demo now

Truth. The only reason I'm not all that excited about it is because it's on the PSP as opposed to PS3... I downloaded the demo and never played it.

Originally Posted by Speedy0990

[h2]FFXIII is 50-60 hours long[/h2]
December 2nd, 2009 @ 07:20
By Patrick Garratt

FFXIII director Motomu Toriyama has told a mysterious Japanese magazine - we're assuming it's Famitsu - that his imminent RPG won't be for the faint-hearted in terms of time-commitment.

"For XIII, the size of the entire game is considerable," he said, as reported by Kotaku.

"Just running through the main story takes experienced players over 50 hours. For the first time, I think it's possible to play through in full in about 60 hours or so."

All you 10-hour namby pambies had better man-up, innit. The Japanese version's out next week. Europe and America get it in March.

pimp.gif

Guaranteed it will take 200+ to complete 100%.. Excited to see the reception it gets in Japan.

I have an extra God of War III demo code, anyone who's interested pm me.

from split-screen.com

[h2]BioShock 2 to Incorporate Vehicular Gameplay[/h2]Author: Split-Screen Filed under: Gaming News and Reportage No Responses

BioShock, at a time, enamored all of us with it's rich sub-cultural context and pseudo-System Shock 2 gameplay, but ever since the sequel was announced, the sheen has become a little dull. Maybe because there's no revolutionary new setting, but regardless, it's one of the hottest games of 2010. 2K Marin, along with Digital Extremes who are working on the multiplayer mode, seem to have submitted to the staple of current FPS titles with BioShock 2.

Emmanuel Pappas is an Environment Artist currently working at Digital Extremes and he posted on his Linkedin profile the following info:

It also seems the vehicles would be fully modeled cockpits and destructible states. A torpedo shooting submarine? Other…stuff? With Big Daddies and Big Sisters capable of earth shattering abilities, it's hard to actually visualize them in vehicles, so just use your imagination.

Bioshock 2 is currently set for release on February 9th 2010 for the Playstation 3, XBox 360 and PC.

Sounds more like speculation & assumptions than anything..Vehicles could be part of the props themselves. Who knows..

So I got Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time recently, pretty damn good
pimp.gif

Played it through, thoroughly enjoyed it. I liked the galaxy/space system with the different mini moons.

I'm going to go through it again in Challenge mode.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

So I got Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time recently, pretty damn good
pimp.gif

Played it through, thoroughly enjoyed it. I liked the galaxy/space system with the different mini moons.

I'm going to go through it again in Challenge mode.
Nice this game just came in for me today from amazon with the deal they had for $49 shipped and the $20 PSN store credit. Not sure if I want touse some of it to buy Quest Booty, because I really want to get Final Fantasy VII PS1 classic. I just got started playing the Ratchet & Clank series whenFuture Tools Of Destruction came out like 2 years ago. But yeah not sure when I'm going to start playing A Crack In Time since right now I've beenplaying nothing but the God Of War HD collection.

been playing uncharted 2. game is unbelievable so far. really blends a movie and game into one, reminds me of metal gear solid a little.

21evvy8.jpg
[h1]New Medal Of Honor Revealed As "The Most Authentic Modern War Experienc[/h1]
Electronic Arts has officially announced the reinvention of its first-person shooter war game Medal of Honor, bringing the franchise into the modern age and deploying it to Afghanistan, promising "the most authentic modern war experience" for fall 2010.
That amply bearded, box-art starring soldier is a Tier 1 Operator, "a relatively unknown entity directly under the National Command Authority who takes on missions no one else can handle," according to EA's announcement. The new Medal of Honor-known simply as Medal of Honor-will give gamers a chance to "step into the boots of these warriors and apply their unique skill sets to a new enemy in the most unforgiving and hostile battlefield conditions of present day Afghanistan."

Just like that year-old rumor said.

The all-new Medal Of Honor is currently in development at EA Los Angeles and DICE, responsible for the game's single-player and multiplayer components, respectively.

Medal Of Honor will make its video debut at the Spike TV VGAs on December 12 and hit the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC next year. Until then, the game's official web site should keep you busy.

Back
Top Bottom