PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Via eurogamer.net

Medal of Honor Modern Warfare Coming in Fall 2010

EA has officially announced the new Medal of Honor game for release on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 in 2010.

Simply called "Medal of Honor", the game is set in present-day Afghanistan and focuses on Tier 1 Operators - super army soldiers, in other words - who get involved in situations all around the world.

"The development team has been working closely with Tier 1 Operators from the US Special Operations Community since the earliest stages of development to create the most authentic modern war experience," EA said in a press release.

While EALA works to create a "best-in-class" single-player campaign, EA DICE will work on multiplayer.

"When we first set out to reinvent Medal of Honor, we wanted to stay true to its roots of authenticity and respect for the soldier but bring it into today's war. The Tier 1 Operator is the most disciplined, deliberate and prepared warrior on the battlefield. He is a living, breathing, precision instrument of war," said Greg Goodrich, executive producer.

"We are honoured to have the rare opportunity to work closely with these men to create a game that shares their experience."

EA Games' vice president Nick Earl made headlines last month when his internal comments about the project leaked. He said it looked "simply stunning" in a mail to staff.

My Take: Modern Warfare? Really EA? Hmmm

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

2010 is gonna be poppin.

Heavy Rain
Final Fantasy XIII
Gran Turismo 5
God of War III
Twisted Meal: The Return
Super Street Fighter IV
BF:BC 2

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
nerd.gif

Via Twitter.com

Modern Warfare 2 update 1.06 fixes Javelin glitch, infinite care packages, geography exploits
gam_modernwarfarejavelin_580-1260202552.jpg

If amazingly fast and explosive men have been the bane of your existence in Modern Warfare 2 as of late, then know that Activision's go-to guy, Robert "fourzerotwo" Bowling, has got the hot scoops on a patch in the works to address the despised Javelin glitch. Version 1.06 of the game will not only do away with that awful bit of frustration, but will also address two other notable exploits in the multiplayer experience:

* Fixes the Javelin glitch (thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster!)
* Fixes unlimited care packages glitch
* Fixes areas where players could exploit geography (e.g. hide inside rocks in Afghan)

Bowling says the patch is currently in the hands of Microsoft for certification on Xbox 360 and presumably in Sony's for PS3 certification. We've contacted Bowling for more info and will update the post when we hear back.

Via joystiq.com

Pachter: Modern Warfare 2 sold 6m units in Nov.; PS3 hardware sales skyrocketed
pachshot580px.jpg

Though the November NPD sales report won't be released until later this week, gaming industry analyst (and possible soothsayer) Michael Pachter has predicted November's biggest players in the gaming hardware and software markets. Unsurprisingly, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is the highlighted title in his report -- not only does the report claim the game sold around 6 million units last month in the U.S. (for about $350 million), it credits the game with pulling the industry out of a downward spiral that it's followed for seven of the past eight months.

The report also awards a large gold-star sticker to the PlayStation 3, which is predicted to have sold 700,000 units in November, an 85-percent year-over-year sales increase. Despite the two upswings, Pachter's report ends on a decidedly dour note, stating, "as 2009 draws to an end, it is clear that it will end as a horrible year for video game publishers." Pachter suggests that sales will drop off once more in December. Happy holidays, gaming industry professionals!

Via investor.ea.com

Dead Space 2 announced for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360
dead-space-2-093009.jpg

Do us a favor and read the following sentence really slowly -- seriously, savor it. It's been hinted and teased at enough to give the world's remaining necromorphs a heart attack, but Dead Space 2 has finally been officially announced for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Now, you might be wondering why you had to take your time with that easily understandable sentence. Well ... we don't really have anything else to tell you. It's still Visceral, it's still Isaac Clark, it's still the necromorph invasion. We don't even have a release window. The best thing EA has to say is, "Survival isn't the only thing on Isaac's mind in Dead Space 2 - this time, he calls the shots," which makes it sound like our engineer protagonist dumped his abusive boyfriend and moved to the big city to work in an office pool with Dolly Parton and Morgan Fairchild.

... Actually, that sounds pretty good.

Via blog.us.playstation.com

White Knight Chronicles 'International Edition' goes to the US on February 2
wkcinternationalboxcrop.jpg

The American version of White Knight Chronicles has just earned a release date and a subtitle. SCEA is calling it the "International Edition," thanks to the addition of 50 new quests, voice chat, Georama and Live Talk. However, we think "The Incredibly Tardy Edition" is probably a more apt title, considering the 14-month wait fans have had to endure.

White Knight Chronicles' February 2nd release date places it before other big 2010 games on PS3, such as BioShock 2, Dante's Inferno, Star Ocean, Heavy Rain, and most importantly -- our lord and savior Final Fantasy XIII. We wonder if Level-5's Yoshiaki Kusada will be happy with the distance between these two PS3 RPG juggernauts.

My Take: Copped.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

wait, which FF XIII is releasing?
the regular FF XIII?
or FF XIII Versus?

becasue i want Versus
Regular XIII is out in JP this week, and over here in March. I have no clue on release date for Versus yet. I want them both, but defintletylooking forward to Verus more.

Ok I bought this game a few months ago..
condemned_ps3_review.jpg

Still haven't opened it and I know I'm never gonna play it, so I figured I will do a random raffle thing for the people in the PS3 thread...(U.S. dudesonly I ain't trying to spent $10 to ship this $+%+ when I already bought it for $20 months ago
laugh.gif
)

Ok First 15 people just put the number you are in the reply..(ex. first dude puts 1...second 2... etc..) When it hits 15 I'm gonna use a random numberpicker thing online and let it pick out the winning number..whoever it is gets the game

Back
Top Bottom