PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

[h1]PlayStation 3 Cluster, Or Skynet?[/h1]
Last month, we told you about the United States Air Force's plans to purchase around 2200PlayStation 3 consoles to crunch some data with. Wonder what that kind of horsepower actually looks like?

Here's just a taste. This is the back room of the USAF Research Laboratory's information directorate in Rome, New York, and these are thebranch's original allotment of 336 consoles. Which is terrifying enough. Factor in another 2200 and we're getting to the stage where Miles Dyson needsto be blown away.

from kotaku

cod lan party
sick.gif

Since my little bro sold my 60gb, I'm seriously thinking about getting the slimmer version of the PS3 my only question is. Can I play ps1,and ps2 games?

Originally Posted by Hoosier Bad Boy 11

Since my little bro sold my 60gb, I'm seriously thinking about getting the slimmer version of the PS3 my only question is. Can I play ps1,and ps2 games?
No. Slap your brother for doing that and take the money he got.

Originally Posted by Hoosier Bad Boy 11

PS1 yes, PS2 no, check OP on first page for the different models.

Via finalfantasy-xiii.net

Final Fantasy XIII PS3 and 360 Differences Announced
logo.jpg

Square Enix has just confirmed a couple of differences between the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 release of Final Fantasy XIII. In an interview in Famitsu they state that the video and audio is compressed on the Xbox 360 DVDs while the Playstation 3 version will be uncompressed and appear on a dual-layer blu-ray disc. The 360 version will obviously be released on multiple DVDs. This means that the uncompressed game will be 25GB minimum.

Via examiner.com

Yakuza 4 Set for March Release
resized_yakuza_4.jpg

Sega just announced that US and European gamers will be playing Yakuza 3 on the PS3 next March. Well, those in Japan will be getting the next installment of the Yakuza franchise in March, too. Sega revealed in the latest issue of Famitsu that Yakuza 4 will release on March 18, 2010.

Yakuza 3 will have Japanese dialogue with English subs when it releases outside of Japan next March. Whether Yakuza 4 will receive the same treatment and quick release date can't be known at this time, but if sales are solid for the third installment, we could potentially see Yakuza 4 release elsewhere before the end of 2010.

So what games are in your current rotation?

Modern Warfare 2
Street Fighter IV
NBA2k10
Ninja Gaiden 2: Sigma
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Beta

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

So what games are in your current rotation?
Modern Warfare 2
Ratchet and Clank: Crack in Time

I'm one trophy away from platinum in MW2, and 2 trophies away in RC.

MW2...

Probably in a week or two Im gonna go back to try to get all the Treasures/trophies in Uncharted 2 an play Resident Evil 5 that I just picked up on BlackFriday

FF IX was the greatest IMO. Top 10 all time for me...

But I am kind of biased... It was the first FF I actually completed.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via finalfantasy-xiii.net

Final Fantasy XIII PS3 and 360 Differences Announced
logo.jpg

Square Enix has just confirmed a couple of differences between the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 release of Final Fantasy XIII. In an interview in Famitsu they state that the video and audio is compressed on the Xbox 360 DVDs while the Playstation 3 version will be uncompressed and appear on a dual-layer blu-ray disc. The 360 version will obviously be released on multiple DVDs. This means that the uncompressed game will be 25GB minimum.

Game is meh on 360

Originally Posted by nnarum

Dude, that's the first and basically only FF i've ever played lol. I got to the 4th disc and I just stopped playing %+@. I loved that game though and Iactually have the game but I only played a little bit and I put it down. It was dope though

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

laugh.gif
@ 13 getting a 39

A lot of you will be disappointed. I'll drop bombs in a day or two since the JP release is about to happen.
please dont post spoilers about the story!

although i will probably know about it sooner or later

Originally Posted by jrp44

MW2...

Probably in a week or two Im gonna go back to try to get all the Treasures/trophies in Uncharted 2 an play Resident Evil 5 that I just picked up on Black Friday

JR! Get at me when you're gonna do RE:5.

We can co-op that joint!

My Fav PS3 game.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by salbah3

Originally Posted by nnarum

Dude, that's the first and basically only FF i've ever played lol. I got to the 4th disc and I just stopped playing %+@. I loved that game though and I actually have the game but I only played a little bit and I put it down. It was dope though
9 was the best. Well in my opinion, the character development and ATE's that went into each character's stories were great.

Just got my PS3 w/HDMI cables and Tiger Woods 2010.

My question:

I don't have an HDMI outlet on my HDTV, can I still play in HD (S-video?)? My TV only supports 720p and 1080i, so I'm just wondering if it's stillpossible. Thanks in advance all.

Best Buy (canada) is having a buy 2 get 1 for free sale right now. Picked up AC2, UC2 and NBA 2K10
pimp.gif

^^Any chance anyone can help me out tonight? I'd like to get playing in HD as I've got nothing else to do
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom