PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by DubA169

the show should have waited for mauer to be in pinstripes before putting him on the cover
smh.gif

So true. I'm so mad at SCEA!!!

survey.jpg

[h1]Survey: Sony Considering Premium PlayStation Network Subscriptions

A survey sent from IPSOS Online Research indicates that Sony is considering premium subscription plans for the
PlayStation Network, detailing potential prices and premium services, including full hour game trials, free access to PSOne Classics, and cross-game voice chat.[/h1]
Reader Brenna sent us PDF files containing the Sony survey, which begins with the following bit of text:
Sony is considering offering a premium PlayStation Network subscription in the future. The subscription offering would provide new premium features you could choose to pay for and are in addition to the features currently available for free such as access to online multiplayer gaming (current features would remain free).

Following the introduction is a series of definitions of terms such as Token Wagering - a set number of tokens given to subscribers per month that can be used to be on games and exchanged for PSN content - and Cloud Storage Space for Games, which would allow players to save their game online rather than on their hard disk, protecting their data.

Other notable services listed as potential premiums include loyalty reward programs, automatic updates, member-exclusive Facebook Connectivity, an online music service and music video service, Hulu TV catch-ups, member-only game content, discounts, demo-sharing (sharing exclusive member-only demos from your full games with friends), and Netflix without a disc.

By far the most attractive premiums are full title trials, which give the user one hour access to full PlayStation 3 games, and free access to PSOne Classics, PSP minis, and premium themes.

The list also indicates that some eagerly awaited features could be subscriber only, such as cross-game voice chat. Having waited so long for the feature, I doubt fans would be particularly happy to have to pay for it.

The chart below details four potential plans, with three costing $69.99 a year or $9.99 a month - more than an Xbox Live Gold subscription, and one running $4.99 a month and $29.99 a year.

We've contacted Sony for comment on the survey, but have yet to hear back as of press time. Just keep in mind that companies regularly test the waters by sending out questionnaires like these, and they by no means represent any concrete plans on Sony's behalf.

It seems as if they simply want to gauge customer reaction to the various plans and features. Your reactions, please?

remember, theyve gone on record saying that all current services would remain free and suggested that these additional subscriptions would be optional

seems interesting, although im more interested in seeing a subscription fee for their video store which ive never actually bought anything from

i hope people dont go after that 4th option, nothing special about that one

Originally Posted by JinKazama

Final Fantasy VIII is up! 1.7GB, thank you SE! My PS3 is still running, thank you SONY!
YES!!!!...dang 1.7 GB guess it's time for that 4 Gig memory stick. Was killin time playin through VII again tryin to get a perfect game that will be put on indefinite hold until I get through VIII for the first time.

exact same thing I was doing.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by GUTTA SAUCE

that beta is only for the PC tho. when is the ps3 gonnna cum?
Summer 2010

HealthInspector I haven't heard from you PM me if you want in to PC beta if not i'll pass it to someone else.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Summer 2010

HealthInspector I haven't heard from you PM me if you want in to PC beta if not i'll pass it to someone else.

thanks for the offer, its much appreciated, but im not into playing games on pc

just keep us updated on the ps3 version, thats definitely appreciated, and ill take a raincheck for the ps3 beta if youre able to pull off the same connects
wink.gif

Originally Posted by JinKazama

Final Fantasy VIII is up! 1.7GB, thank you SE! My PS3 is still running, thank you SONY!
YES!!!!...dang 1.7 GB guess it's time for that 4 Gig memory stick. Was killin time playin through VII again tryin to get a perfect game that will be put on indefinite hold until I get through VIII for the first time.

exact same thing I was doing.
roll.gif

laugh.gif
Now that I'm older its amazing how many hidden things they put inthese RPGs, no wonder there's like a 5 year break between FF games. Game almost feels brand new since I beat it...what...12 years ago!

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Summer 2010

thanks for the offer, its much appreciated, but im not into playing games on pc

just keep us updated on the ps3 version, thats definitely appreciated, and ill take a raincheck for the ps3 beta if youre able to pull off the same connects
wink.gif
Will do. Since you're in for the PS3 i'll save your slot.

from cinemablend.com

BioShock 2 Trophies Announced
Bought a Slot - Bought one Plasmid or Tonic Slot at a Gatherer's Garden. Bronze

Max Plasmid Slots - Fully upgraded to the maximum number of Plasmid Slots. Bronze

Upgraded a Weapon - Upgraded a weapon at a Power to the People Station. Bronze

Fully Upgraded a Weapon - Installed the third upgrade to a weapon. Bronze

All Weapon Upgrades - Found every Power to the People weapon upgrade in the game. Bronze

Prolific Hacker - Hacked one of each kind of machine. Bronze

Master Hacker - Hacked 30 machines at a distances with the Hack Tool. Bronze

First Research - Researched a Splicer with the Research Camera. Bronze

One Reserach Track - Maxed out one Research Track. Bronze

Research Master - Completed all research on every subject in Rapture. Bronze

Grand Daddy - Defeated 3 Big Daddies without dying during the fight. Silver

Master Gatherer - Gathered 600 ADAM with Little Sisters. Silver

Fully Upgraded a Plasmid - Fully upgraded one Plasmid to the Level 3 version. Bronze

All Plasmids - Found or purchased all 11 basic Plasmid types. Bronze

Trap Master - Killed 30 enemies using only Traps. Bronze

Master Protector - Got through a Gather with no damage and no one getting to the Little Sister. Bronze

Big Spender - Spent 2000 dollars at Vending Machines. Bronze

Dealt with Every Little Sister - Dealt with every Little Sister. Silver

Big Brass Balls - Finished the game without using Vita-Chambers. Silver

Rapture Historian - Found 100 audio diaries. Silver

Welcome to Rapture - Completed your first non-private match. Bronze

Unnatural Selection - Scored your first kill in a non-private match. Bronze

Disgusting Frankenstein - Become a Big Daddy for the first time in a non-private match. Bronze

"Mr. Bubbles-- No!" - Took down your first Big Daddy in a non-private match. Bronze

Against All Odds - Finished the game on the hardest difficulty level. Bronze

Two-Bit Heroics - Completed your first trial in a non-private match. Bronze

Mother Goose - Saved your first Little Sister in a non-private match. Bronze

Parasite - Achieved Rank 10. Bronze

Little Moth - Achieved Rank 20. Bronze

Skin Job - Achieved Rank 30. Bronze

Choose the Impossible - Achieved Rank 40. Gold

Proving Grounds - Won your first non-private match. Silver

Man About Town - Played at least one non-private match on each multiplayer map. Bronze

17 Secret Trophies

Platinum - Unlocked all trophies. Platinum

from ps3news.com

[h1]Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Title Update #3 v1.03 for PS3[/h1]

image.php

Submitter: PS3 News - (http://blog.us.playstation.com)

Site Tags: uncharted 2 among thieves ps3 uc2 title update v1.03 ps3 downloads

Category: PS3 Online
Naughty Dog's Senior Manager of Marketing Communications Arne Meyer has announced that an Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Title Update #3 v1.03 for PS3 will be available today as a mandatory download, as follows:

Today, Friday, December 18, 2009, at 10:00 AM PST (what time is it in my city?) you will be required to download an update to Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.

Below is a list of what is different:

• Added Version number to game menu - should display 1.03 after this update
• Added Clan Tags - all players can now add a custom four letter Clan Tag in the Profile Menu (square) to display on-screen before their PSN ID
• Load times have been decreased significantly
• Added "Rematch" functionality
• Adjusted some Boosters for balance
• Addressed issue with Player's Met screen in game menu and XMB displaying incorrectly
• Addressed issue with Double Cash not doubling medal cash rewards

We've also made a slew of other changes to improve player experience.

I spoke with our multiplayer lead designer, Justin, to give us the lowdown on what's so great about a few of these updates. Justin quickly shot me back an e-mail with the following info:

• Clan Tags is an addition we've been working for a while on. While it's not full Clan support, we wanted to be sure that everybody can fly their Clan colors within UNCHARTED 2 multiplayer. Support for this is available to all players from the very beginning and can be edited within the player Profile menu - the same place where you choose your boosters.

• We have significantly decreased load times. You will notice that the game loads into a map much faster after leaving the vote screen. This will help get players into games faster and keep people playing instead of waiting in the menu system.

• We have also added Rematch functionality. At the end of a game, all players will be put back into matchmaking together, allowing you to play the same group of people over again.

This decreases wait times, while still allowing people to leave after a match if they so desire. Again, this gets people into games faster and allows more time playing and less time in the menus - all of which is a very, very good thing!

Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks news!

Nice update, double cash weekend next week btw..

Final Fantasy VIII is fun for like the first 2.5 discs. Then you end up in some lonely depressing world with sad music. Oh yeah, and Squall becomes a huge emo.
smh.gif

VIII needed a better last half than that.

He guys I'm in the process right now of upgrading my 60GB PS3. I'm backing up my stuff right now to my external hard drive and will be upgrading my PS3with a 350GB laptop hard drive. The backup is taking 1 hour & 30 minutes.

Is there any specific things I need to be careful and watch out for while doing the upgrade. I heard first thing I should do after installing the new harddrive on my PS3 is to sync my trophies first.

HEADS UP

EBGAMES and GAMESTOP Canada are selling Assassin's Creed II for 29.99 today only

Both the RE and CE

Picked up the CE (put it on ebay) and the RE for 60CND

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

HEADS UP

EBGAMES and GAMESTOP Canada are selling Assassin's Creed II for 29.99 today only

Both the RE and CE

Picked up the CE (put it on ebay) and the RE for 60CND

New or used?

BRAND NEW 29.99 USED is 49.99

Tomorrow deal is Avatar for all system 19.99 (dont know if that includes CE though)

That preorder link for the MLB 10 The Show isn't available anymore.
frown.gif

I'm about to go pick up that AC2, but I also want NBA 2K10. How much could I expect to get for COD4 and GTAIV?

i know in late but i was wondering if anyone here got the valkyria chronicles DLC. i got the game recently and it has been
pimp.gif
so far. would anyone here who got the DLC recommend it? is it as fun as theregular game?

Back
Top Bottom