PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

Originally Posted by 18key

Originally Posted by MJair

PS3 exploit released.

http://geohotps3.blogspot...your-silver-platter.html

So what does the exploit do? Everything on that site was in geek speak and I cant understand the main points he was making.

this pretty much means nothing to us gamers, if this leads to anything, which isnt guaranteed, is most likely further developments in homebrew, hackers have been clamoring for full rsx support in linux and they still wont get it with this exploit

all it does is allow for hyper visor level access to the hardware which allows him to allow or restrict certain hardware functions, and he can read and write to 256mb of memory from the hyper visor

so what does this mean for pirated games?  nothing, if you have any understanding for what allows for pirated games on systems like psp, DS, wii, xbox, xbox 360 - those arent happening on ps3
You should know that this exploit opens up the possibility for reverse engineering which can lead DIRECTLY to pirating. Go read up on it some more I don't feel like explaining... Piracy is coming to the PS3... trust.

reverse engineering?  of what?  the firmware?  thats been dumped years ago, the blu-ray firmware?  thats been dumped years ago

ive been doing my reading on the PS3 architecture since friday when the blog got hot, you need to go do your reading

if you did your reading, you would know that the hypervisor has nothing to do with the decryption of copyrighted material, it has to do with guest operating systems which is exactly what he wanted
You don't reverse engineer firmware for piracy (I'll give you a hint, your still able to update your Xbox firmware even AFTER xLITE is palced on the system. The stealth checks still run, your NAND chip still gathers and reports directly to Xbox Live when you jump on.  Yet you can still play pirated games. - Once you figure out why, you'll understand my last statement).  Like I said go read up on it some more.

awsome, none of that has anything do with playing pirated games on ps3, and this exploit does nothing to change that

my understanding is that people are playing pirated games on 360 because of the dvd-firmware, ever wonder why sony with blu-ray???

edit - yeah its possible if you want to do this whole "any console that doesnt require you be online to play like OnLive is susceptible to pirates" schpeel, ill probably see ps4 by the time that happens
That is not the main reason they went with Blu-ray. 

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

^^^ the artwork looks lame/childish but I'm considering it.
Meh... it has almost been a staple of JRPG's for the last 20 years...I've learned to look past it. I agree, though. I almost never played Eternal Sonata because of it.

Yo check this game out
eek.gif

http://www.amazon.com/Bri...02DC8GKO/ref=pd_sim_vg_9

i mite pick up wkc but ima wait until the reviews. the battle system looks kinda wack. there aren't really good rpgs on ps3. mass effect 2 is a dope rpg game.

transformers war for cybertron lookin real good

anyone thinks heavy rain wont sell well?

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

transformers war for cybertron lookin real good

anyone thinks heavy rain wont sell well?

Heavy Rain should do fine. It is gonna be a mad slow game so people might be a bit turned off by it though. It is gonna be one of those games that I have to really get deep into. Pay attention to character developement etc.

Originally Posted by Speedy0990

How can you say that when you play Kingdom Hearts
Let me re-phrase: this looks like it was drawn by a western teenager trying to imitate Japanese anime. Kingdom Hearts at least looks 'authentic' plus it's Disney inspired so I get it. This just looks weird to me.

Edit: I keep watching videos trying to like it, but the monsters don't look intimidating or scary, just corny. The main character looks like a kid from a little girls comic book.

While I personally like the artwork of Brink I think that it is going to turn a lot of people off to the game. It is a same though, this game has the potential to be one of the best multiplayer games of this generation. Also dropping this game in the fall/winter is straight stupid, it will be going against Reach, Ghost Recon, Medal of Honor, Call of Duty, Cyrsis, and Rage. 

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

While I personally like the artwork of Brink I think that it is going to turn a lot of people off to the game. It is a same though, this game has the potential to be one of the best multiplayer games of this generation. Also dropping this game in the fall/winter is straight stupid, it will be going against Reach, Ghost Recon, Medal of Honor, Call of Duty, Cyrsis, and Rage. 
What?
laugh.gif

Anyways, regarding WKC, yeah the character and art design isn't the greatest, Im sure most of us are use to the Final Fantasy series but Im going to copp, mostly for the coop.

Yea the co-op would be the selling point, but I don't have a lot of free time these days so I don't think it'd be worth it for me. I'll probably just wait for FFXIII.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via playstationlifestyle.net

GTA: Episodes from Liberty City Listed for PS3
eflc2.png

It never ends, does it? For quite some time now, Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City has been rumored to be gracing the PlayStation 3 at one point or another. The package, which includes The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony, is currently exclusive to Xbox 360.

Retail website simplygames.com has listed Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City for PS3. The listing even contains the newly designed PS3 boxart, lending the listing some credibility.

My Take: If true (somebody at Sony blog stated it's coming), does anybody care? I haven't touched GTA IV in a hot minute

i'm likely in the minority, but GTAIV was for me the most enjoyable in the series thus far. this is a definite cop.

I love how one GTA title drops after San Andreas and we're already saying the franchise has gone the route of Tomb Raider... if you say so. It might not have been favored over San Andreas but that's a reach until we see and play future GTA titles.

San Andreas set the bar pretty high tho bro

assassin's creed 2 is bombbbbb, i thought it was gonna have the exact same gameplay as the first, boy was i wrong. ain't nothin like free running inside one of the assassin tombs and performing airborne assassinations
pimp.gif

[table][tr][td][table][tr][td]
PSN-logo.jpg
[/td][td]
View as a Web page | Add [email protected] to your address book    
[/td][/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
SON-Heavy-Rain-4-Days-EM_03.jpg
[table][tr][td]
SON-Heavy-Rain-4-Days-EM_04.gif
[/td][td] [/td][td]
SON-Heavy-Rain-4-Days-EM_06.gif
[/td][/tr][/table]
SON-Heavy-Rain-4-Days-EM_07.jpg
[table][tr][td]
SON-Heavy-Rain-4-Days-EM_08.jpg
[/td][td] [/td][td]
SON-Heavy-Rain-4-Days-EM_10.jpg
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [/td][td]
SON-Heavy-Rain-4-Days-EM_12.gif
[/td][/tr][/table]
SON-Heavy-Rain-4-Days-EM_13.jpg
[table][tr][td]
SON-Heavy-Rain-4-Days-EM_14.gif
[/td][td]
SON-Heavy-Rain-4-Days-EM_15.gif
[/td][td]
SON-Heavy-Rain-4-Days-EM_16.gif
[/td][/tr][/table]
SON-Heavy-Rain-4-Days-EM_17.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td][td]

To ensure ongoing receipt of these emails, please add our "From" address to your address book: [email protected]

UNSUBSCRIBE
You have received this email because you opted to receive correspondence from us.

Please do not respond to this email. This is an automated mailbox.

Unsubscribe from the PlayStation[emoji]174[/emoji] mailing list.

Please note that the unsubscribe process may take up to ten (10) business days to complete. If you receive additional emails within this time period, your request is still being processed. It is not necessary to unsubscribe again. If you continue to receive emails after this period, please contact Consumer Services on www.playstation.custhelp.com. More information on our Privacy Policy can be found on www.us.playstation.com.

LEGAL
SCEA is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, any lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, misspelled email addresses, lost or deleted email transmissions due to the settings in your email application. Any of these factors may limit one's ability to successfully participate in this activity.

[emoji]169[/emoji] Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. Developed by Quantic Dream. Heavy Rain is a trademark or a registered trademark of Quantic Dream.

"PlayStation" and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks and "PS3" and "PlayStation Network" are trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. [emoji]169[/emoji] 2010 Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.

Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc., 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Foster City, CA 94404
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom