PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Don't know if this is late but I heard that sony confirmed that they will start charging for online service. No other details as to when and how much. I think this is a good look IMO
nerd.gif
????

Who did you hear this from? There's been surveys about what price points consumers will pay for a "premium" PSN experience but Sony is not (That I or my employer have heard) going to charge for multiplayer PSN access.
A guy that I have known for ages that always has the scoop on video game news. I'm not sayin I believe him because I want proof just like everyone else, but everyrthing that he has ever told me has been true and I really don't see why he'd make that up. And, a part of me believes it just because I think that is what sony should. But then again, thats just me talking

sony's gone on to say that all features of the current PSN (including online multiplayer) will continue to remain free but that theyre looking into adding premium service packages which they would charge for

Could be it. I'd def get the premium

Originally Posted by Speedy0990

[h2]Sega will trade exclusivity deal for Shenmue III funding[/h2]
February 1st, 2010 @ 07:48

shenmuea.jpg

By Johnny Cullen

Sega’s apparently said in the latest issue of Famitsu 360 that itwould develop Shenmue III as a platform exclusive – provided therelative hardware manufacturer paid for it.

Specifically, according to Eurogamer.pt:“None of the previous games sold really well for the investment made,and SEGA is in doubt as to if it will resurrect the series. However,SEGA assured the fans that if there is some opportunity to revisit theseries, they would love to do it.

“SEGA also mentioned the chance of one of the three hardware makersfinancing the game’s (Shenmue III) production in exchange for anexclusivity deal.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

SCEA: More news on FF Versus XIII this month
February 1st, 2010 @ 06:04
By Johnny Cullen

ffversusxiii.jpg

Square will be releasing new info on Final Fantasy Versus XIII this month, according to a hint from SCEA’s Jeff Rubenstein.

Asked if the PS Blog had been talking to Square in relation to the RPG, Rubenstein said:

“I have, and they’re eager to get some posts on the blog in February.

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

[h2]Sega will trade exclusivity deal for Shenmue III funding[/h2]
February 1st, 2010 @ 07:48

shenmuea.jpg

By Johnny Cullen

Sega’s apparently said in the latest issue of Famitsu 360 that itwould develop Shenmue III as a platform exclusive – provided therelative hardware manufacturer paid for it.

Specifically, according to Eurogamer.pt:“None of the previous games sold really well for the investment made,and SEGA is in doubt as to if it will resurrect the series. However,SEGA assured the fans that if there is some opportunity to revisit theseries, they would love to do it.

“SEGA also mentioned the chance of one of the three hardware makersfinancing the game’s (Shenmue III) production in exchange for anexclusivity deal.

[h2]U.S. Air Force Building Supercomputer From 2,000 PlayStation 3s[/h2]
media

Sony's been braggingfor a while now that the PlayStation 3 "only does everything," and nowthey can add yet another item to the list: neuromorphic computing. Accordingto military news site Stars and Stripes, a U.S. Air Force researchfacility in Rome, N.Y. plans to link 2,000 of Sony's machines in orderto form a bargain-bin supercomputer.
Called the 500 TeraFLOPS Heterogeneous Cluster, the massivecollection of PS3s will be used to process everything fromsynthetic-aperture radar images to programs designed to mimic the humanmind's ability to recognize pictures.

Dr. Richard Linderman, senior scientist for Advanced ComputingArchitectures at the Rome facility, explains: "With NeuromorphicComputing, as an example, we will broadcast an image to all PS3s andask if it matches an image it has in its hard drive."

"Humans can routinely do these things, but a computer strugglesto do it," added the lab's high performance computing director MarkBarnell. "In a general sense, we are interested in making itautonomous."

The Air Force researchers opted to use PS3s for their studiesbecause of the console's low price-to-performance ratio, as well as thesystem's relatively small power consumption rate. The cell processor'sability to easily work in tandem with other cells also played animportant part in the researchers' decision.
"Supercomputers used to be unique with unique processors. Bytaking advantage of a growing market, the gaming market, we arebringing the price performance to just $2 to $3 per gigaFLOPS,"Linderman commented.

Link:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3177781

Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 - First Teaser Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/v/o9okA0CCaX0&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/o9okA0CCaX0&hl=en_US&fs=1&
Better have online. Not having online killed a game that had so much potential
smh.gif
this smh. I loved that game but the no online really did kill that game. On the forums many are complaining that the 2nd game is looking worse in graphics compared to the engine made exclusive to ps3 for the 1st game.

Originally Posted by TeemOhtee

Originally Posted by i3allistic

[h2]Good Job Sony, PS3’s Now Profitable, What’s Next?[/h2]
by Ernice Gilbert on January 29th, 2010, under Editorials

9 Comments »

Can you remember? I sure can, articles about the PS3’s doom and gloom were circulating carelessly across the web. ‘PS3 is dead’ some would say, betting on the demise of Sony’s flagship console. But where are they now? No place to be found, palely they hide behind the scenes or have made a 180 and suddenly singing PS3 praises. lessoned learned? Never bet against the PlayStation brand.

It’s a brand that has been around for decades, making games long before some of us could even read; far less write, but now things have clearly turned around for the hardware giant and we all should feel good about that.

Just yesterday, we learnt in a report from Japanese new paper Nikkei (via reuters) that Sony is poised to announce a ¥100 Billion ($1.1 billion) surge in profit for the period of October through December 2009. Not only that but the profits will be much higher than the company’s own forecast, great news which will surely send its stock shooting for the stars. The reason for the profits? Well the same console that some journalists weere singing its swan song, is the same one responsible for this burst of growth. See how fast things could change?

Ever since PS3 launched back in August of last year and with a new lower price tag of $299, Sony has seen its PlayStation business went from struggling to reach its goals to struggling to keep up with high demand. For consecutive months the PS3 outsold Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii in all regions making the Slim down console an instant hit. Great job Sony, we’re proud of you, but now you must keep up the pace, you can’t sit and get comfortable, there’s no room for complacency. So we want to know you have big things and big plans in store for us, we hoping to know…. what’s next?
pimp.gif

cue the diddy/ballin gif

Don't have that one but I got this one.

45e159e468b161a0cccf43cf1f5d4952e6936b8.gif

@#@# M$!
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Whats peoples gaming Calender looking like? Here is mine...

Feb:
WKC
Heavy Rain

March:
FFXIII
Yakuza 3
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
God of War III

April:
Super Street Fighter IV
Red Dead Redemption

May:
Lost Planet 2
Skate 3

Feb:
WKC
Heavy Rain

March:
FFXIII
Yakuza 3
God of War III

April:
Super Street Fighter IV
Red Dead Redemption

May:
Lost Planet 2
Skate 3

smh.gif
 I'm probably not good at any of these games. I wanna get Skate 3 but I sucked at the other 2.

Feb:
WKC
Heavy Rain
Star Ocean
Last Rebellion
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce

March:
FFXIII
Yakuza 3
God of War III
Mega Man 10

April:
Super Street Fighter IV
Red Dead Redemption
Fifa 10 World Cup

May:
Lost Planet 2
Skate 3
Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands
Ghost Recon 4
tired.gif
laugh.gif

Feb:
WKC
Heavy Rain

March:
FFXIII
Yakuza 3
God of War III

April:
Super Street Fighter IV
Red Dead Redemption

May:
Lost Planet 2
Skate 3

You wont cop any of these maybe except Skate 3 
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

THis is mines too plus a few more games.

My gaming calendar looks like this:
Feb.
Tropico 3 (360)
Heavy Rain
March
FF13 (ps3)
God of war 3
GTA 4 episodes(ps3)
Pokemon HG + SS
and maybe Yakuza 3 (I'm on the fence on this one)

Feb:
WKC ( just traded in 3 X Gear of war 2 which i got for free for this game straight)
Star Ocean ( traded in my brothers MW2 for this game straight) Loving Ebgames powertrade
Will pick up Heavy Rain when it goes on sale (29.99 is my price point for this)

March:
FFXIII
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Depends on the reviews)
God of War III ( pick it up when it goes on sale 39.99 is my price point for this game)

April:
Nothing for April

May:
Skate 3

Bioshock, Splinter Cell, Heavy Rain, GOW3, FF13, MLB the show, Bad Company and that should be it. Oh and I just picked up Mass Effect
pimp.gif

oh and did anyone pick up MAG
nerd.gif
?

Back
Top Bottom