PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Reviews are awesome, we are humbled as developers.  I think around 40% are perfect scores, unbelievable!!!

The one issue that has irked me is some reviewers are listing this as an 8hr game.  This is not an 8 hr game, the fastest play tester on normal mode took 12 or 13 hours during the final play through - the fastest!    

I have no idea why or what the motivation is to put out misinformation.

-Ken Feldman

Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

how far are you guys on ff13?

i am somewhere in chapter 5, i just beat a boss that was a plant, got him on the 3rd try. Summoning Odin FTW!

Any tips on quicker ways to get my weapons leveled up? They are at a 4. I am not having trouble in battles at this level, i would just like to get them stronger a bit quicker.

I'm about 10 hours in.

Thanks.

If you have a lot of items that dont give a lot of exp use those because I think the more items you use on a piece of equipment it gives you multipliers for experience on the next peice. I have x2 on lightning's sword right now and I got that thing to level 7.

[h2]Cut GoW III ending may return as free DLC, says Sony Santa Monica[/h2]
March 15th, 2010 @ 13:04
By Johnny Cullen

gowIII.jpg

God of War III director Stig Asmussen has revealed that a cut ending from the game may make it back in as free DLC.

Speaking to Kotaku, he admitted there’s some rough plans in place for DLC for the title.

“There was a pretty large thing that we chopped from the ending thatI had regrets about, but then something we added at the end that helpsmake up for it a little bit, and helps make it more personal,

i am somewhere in chapter 5, i just beat a boss that was a plant, got him on the 3rd try. Summoning Odin FTW!

Any tips on quicker ways to get my weapons leveled up? They are at a 4. I am not having trouble in battles at this level, i would just like to get them stronger a bit quicker.

I'm about 10 hours in.

Thanks.
Just started chapter 11.

A general rule is that bio-materials (claws, hides, ect) up your multiplier, while mechanical items have the higher EXP.

So a good strategy is to up your mutiplier to 3.0 (as high as it goes) then use as many of the same high EXP mechanical item at once as possible (say 99 Fusion Reactors)

[h2]Versus XIII, Agito XIII pushing for story-driven gameplay, says Toriyama[/h2]
March 15th, 2010 @ 10:45
By Johnny Cullen

Versus-XIII.jpg

Final Fantasy XIII director Motomu Toriyama has said Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Final Fantasy Agito XIII will be aiming for story-driven gameplay.

Speaking during a session at GDC last week, his line suggests both games will take a linear path over an open world: something for which FFXIII was criticised.

He also explained the links that ties all three games together into the series known as the Fabula Nova Crystalis saga, stating humans are controlled by legendary Gods. FFXIII players will know them as fal’Cie.

FFXIII released last week. It’s just been announced it’s reached number one in the UK.

Agito XIII and Versus XIII, meanwhile, have both gone underground. The latter of which was due to be revealed at E3, but it may not be shown, according to director Tetsuya Nomura

Not too worried. Just hope they release in the next year or so.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

stillmaticshay wrote:

I'm about 10 hours in.

Thanks.
Just started chapter 11.

A general rule is that bio-materials (claws, hides, ect) up your multiplier, while mechanical items have the higher EXP.

So a good strategy is to up your mutiplier to 3.0 (as high as it goes) then use as many of the same high EXP mechanical item at once as possible (say 99 Fusion Reactors)

Ohh so thats how it goes, I had a lot of bio materials so thats what I used to get my multiplier up, took a shot in the dark and came up with the wrong theory.

Originally Posted by vintuc

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

stillmaticshay wrote:

I'm about 10 hours in.

Thanks.
Just started chapter 11.

Ohh so thats how it goes, I had a lot of bio materials so thats what I used to get my multiplier up, took a shot in the dark and came up with the wrong theory.

whats a good spot to farm materials for upgrades? i'm on chapter 9

Really debating right now if I want to get the ulitmate edition of GOW III or the regular version. I have the UE pre ordered at bestbuy & the regular edition at gamestop. I've seen pics of the UE and the quality on Pandora's box doesn't look to great. But the UE comes with the dominus skin, unearthing the legend documentary, and game soundtrack for GOW 3, 1 & 2. I'm pretty sure eventually all of the skins and probably that unearthing the legend documentary will hit the PSN store sometime down the road.

save your money, collector/limited edition are usually rip off ...bunch of crap thrown into a nice cheap packaging....just get the regular addition ...

[h2]Gran Turismo Releasing In October - Sony Rep[/h2]
Monday, 15 Mar 2010 - 09:59AM

gt5_01.jpg

The long-awaited PlayStation 3 exclusive Gran Turismo 5 is set to release in October, according to a Sony representative.

Fans of the franchise have become frustrated in recent times as no solid release date has been announced since the game was first announced at E3 2006. But - according to Italian site 4News - the Sony rep said that the game will be hitting in October, along with 3D technology being enabled for the title.

The game has cost around $60 million to develop, so we're expecting a masterpiece. We'll bring you any updates on the title.

Via gtplanet

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

gt5_01.jpg

The long-awaited PlayStation 3 exclusive Gran Turismo 5 is set to release in October, according to a Sony representative.

Fans of the franchise have become frustrated in recent times as no solid release date has been announced since the game was first announced at E3 2006. But - according to Italian site 4News - the Sony rep said that the game will be hitting in October, along with 3D technology being enabled for the title.

The game has cost around $60 million to develop, so we're expecting a masterpiece. We'll bring you any updates on the title.

Via gtplanet

October 2012, maybe.

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

gt5_01.jpg

Via gtplanet
October 2012, maybe.

Meaning we'd have about 2 months to enjoy it before the Apocalypse?

Sounds good!
laugh.gif

well, can't blame sony for pushing GT5 too OCT ...they are overloaded with games this Quarter already ....

Link:  http://ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1077630p1.html
March 15, 2010 - Sony is making sure there will be plenty of PlayStation 3 consoles available in North America during one of its biggest quarters of the year.

John Koller, SCEA's Director of Hardware and Marketing, told IGN the company is readying PS3 supply for important game releases, including tomorrow's God of War III launch.

"We have shipments flowing in now," said Koller. "As you know we are in tight supply, and the reason for that is because demand is outstripping even what we thought it would after the price drop."

"We have a lot of big launches coming up that we need to make sure we're in really strong supply for, and we will be for when God of War III launches," he added. "We'll be in a tight situation for a little while, but for big launches, and particularly for the titles coming in the back half of the year, we'll be fine."

Recent PS3 supply constraints have put a damper on sales since this past holiday. February's NPD revealed Sony sold 360,000 consoles, good for third place. With a full month of Heavy Rain sales, and the releases of Final Fantasy XIII and God of War, March NPD data should prove positive for Sony if there is ample supply.
Honestly in my part of town. I haven't seen PS3 available at Target, Best Buy, and Gamestop since Target cleared their inventory of the 250GB PS3 Slim a few month back by putting them on a surprise sale. My part of SD I have 2 Gamestop stores are across the street from each other, Target is in the same plaza where 1 of the Gamestop stores is located and Bestbuy is 2 miles down the road.

process of belief and vintuc thank you for responding to my question regarding weapons leveling in FF13, i appreciate it.

let me make sure i understand my instructions.

first, i think the multiplier is at 2.

what you are saying is using the bio type items gets the multiplier maxed out, use those first to get it to max at 3. then, once that is done, use the the higher exp mechanical items and the weapons should level quicker, correct?

should my weapon be stronger based on where i am at in the game? i'm on chapter 5, the weapons are at level 4. i am not having difficulties in battles, i guess that would be a good sign if i was behind when it comes to the weapons, i just wish they were a little stronger sooner i guess.

what is the highest level the weapons will get to?

thanks!

for those who want to play sometime, feel free to add me! my id is stillmaticshay i'm a cool cali chick. holla.

process of belief and vintuc thank you for responding to my question regarding weapons leveling in FF13, i appreciate it.

let me make sure i understand my instructions.

first, i think the multiplier is at 2.

what you are saying is using the bio type items gets the multiplier maxed out, use those first to get it to max at 3. then, once that is done, use the the higher exp mechanical items and the weapons should level quicker, correct?

should my weapon be stronger based on where i am at in the game? i'm on chapter 5, the weapons are at level 4. i am not having difficulties in battles, i guess that would be a good sign if i was behind when it comes to the weapons, i just wish they were a little stronger sooner i guess.

what is the highest level the weapons will get to?

thanks!

for those who want to play sometime, feel free to add me! my id is stillmaticshay i'm a cool cali chick. holla.

the multiplier starts at 1, I was just saying that mine is at x2. But other than that I think you have it right. I think I read somewhere that you can get the levels into the 20s-30s I am not sure.

I went crazy once I could upgrade, I had Lightnings equips at lvl 7 and lvl 5 and hope at 4 and 2 before I fought Odin. But I am sure you can upgrade at your own pace. I think it was a little overboard because I would just use normal attacks and kill some mobs in 2 hits and the fight would be over real quick but I would only get 3 or 4 stars.

Back
Top Bottom