PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

500x_modnation.jpg

[h1]ModNation Dated, Kratos, Ratchet & Clank, And Nathan Drake Join The Race[/h1]

Want to know how to get Ratchet & Clank, Kratos, and Nathan Drake figures for ModNation Racers when it hits stores on May 25? It all depends on which retailer you preorder the game from.

Don't you love retailer-exclusive preorder bonuses? Me neither, but Sony seems to enjoy them, so much so that the company is putting three of its top properties on the starting line come May 25, revealed today as the release date for the Play - Create - Share racing title for the PlayStation 3 and PSP.

Preordering ModNation Racers from GameStop will earn you the adorably furious Kratos racer. Putting your money down at Amazon allows you to race as either Ratchet or his robot buddy Clank. Finally, Best Buy preorders earn a ride with Uncharted's Nathan Drake in his jungle jeep.

While you're struggling with that decision, perhaps it will help when we tell you that each preorder regardless of store receives a mystery mod package, pictures (somewhat) here, with new accessories to outfit your racer and vehicle. In true vinyl toy fashion, you won't know which you're getting until you open the box and enter the code. Exciting!

Now, who's preordering from where?

Link:

http://kotaku.com/5493884...e-join-the-race/gallery/

My store in Jamaica was the first to get their shipment and I was the only one who preordered so I'm the first one to get it in Jamaice I'm mad hyped

I just picked up a DS3 today... and it makes the experience a whole lot better, definitely ready for tomorrow
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by vintuc

Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

process of belief and vintuc thank you for responding to my question regarding weapons leveling in FF13, i appreciate it.

let me make sure i understand my instructions.

first, i think the multiplier is at 2.

what you are saying is using the bio type items gets the multiplier maxed out, use those first to get it to max at 3. then, once that is done, use the the higher exp mechanical items and the weapons should level quicker, correct?

should my weapon be stronger based on where i am at in the game? i'm on chapter 5, the weapons are at level 4. i am not having difficulties in battles, i guess that would be a good sign if i was behind when it comes to the weapons, i just wish they were a little stronger sooner i guess.

what is the highest level the weapons will get to?

thanks!

for those who want to play sometime, feel free to add me! my id is stillmaticshay i'm a cool cali chick. holla.

the multiplier starts at 1, I was just saying that mine is at x2. But other than that I think you have it right. I think I read somewhere that you can get the levels into the 20s-30s I am not sure.

I went crazy once I could upgrade, I had Lightnings equips at lvl 7 and lvl 5 and hope at 4 and 2 before I fought Odin. But I am sure you can upgrade at your own pace. I think it was a little overboard because I would just use normal attacks and kill some mobs in 2 hits and the fight would be over real quick but I would only get 3 or 4 stars.
I honestly didn't upgrade a single item until chapter 10.

There is no real need to until then anyway. 

Each weapon has 3 versions, for a total of 24 weapons (however, each weapons thrid version all have the same name, but different stats).

First maxes out at around 25ish.... 2nd at around 60ish.... third 99. You need a special item to convert the first and 2nd version to its next version.

For the person who asked where the best place to farm, for mechanical stuff it is chapter 10 I think (so far for me anyway) bombs drop some decent rare drops.

Bio items I think once you get to Pulse you find better things. I still havent looked around much due to work being a son of a @%+%# right now.

Will be picking up my copy of god of war tonight. Till then I will be playing battlefield 2. Add me PSN Mrfantastic21.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via Joystiq.cpm

SOCOM 4 to support PlayStation Move
44070772581183090865o-342010-580px.jpg

During its GDC 2010 conference Sony has revealed that Zipper Interactive's upcoming shooter SOCOM 4 will support the (just officially named) PlayStation Move motion controller. Controlling the shooter requires the PlayStation Move and its optional secondary device known as the Move "Sub-controller" -- a wand like device which sports an analog stick.

During Sony's Game Developer's Conference keynote SOCOM 4 was demoed using the precise motion-control scheme to varying accuracy success. PlayStation Move support was also showcased in a demo for LittleBigPlanet (originally shown at TGS 2009) where PlayStation Move players could interact with the environment around Sackboy (or Sackgirl!).

Sony also featured a handful of mini-games for an upcoming compilation title titled Sports Champions, including a gladiator-style fighter and table tennis. The PlayStation Move will release later this year in a variety of bundles.

EDIT: Gameplay video
http://www.youtube.com/v/z5r_pdWoFrk&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/z5r_pdWoFrk&hl=en_US&fs=1& http://www.youtube.com/v/z5r_pdWoFrk&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/z5r_pdWoFrk&hl=en_US&fs=1&
eek.gif

*Que this @!#@ just got real bad boys gif*
Game will be legendary, and I'm glad the ps3 finally has a exclusive game that will have tremendous replay value, online for this will be NUTS, zipper doesn't play
happy.gif

quick question.
can the ps3 play ps1 discs even if its not backwards compatible? i suddenly got the urge to play FFIX again and i dont want to go buy it if i cant even play it.
laugh.gif

process of belief and vintuc thank you for responding to my question regarding weapons leveling in FF13, i appreciate it.

let me make sure i understand my instructions.

first, i think the multiplier is at 2.

what you are saying is using the bio type items gets the multiplier maxed out, use those first to get it to max at 3. then, once that is done, use the the higher exp mechanical items and the weapons should level quicker, correct?

should my weapon be stronger based on where i am at in the game? i'm on chapter 5, the weapons are at level 4. i am not having difficulties in battles, i guess that would be a good sign if i was behind when it comes to the weapons, i just wish they were a little stronger sooner i guess.

what is the highest level the weapons will get to?

thanks!

for those who want to play sometime, feel free to add me! my id is stillmaticshay i'm a cool cali chick. holla.
yes.

organic components (claw icon) gradually raise the exp bonus but add very few experience points to the equipment. on the downside mechanical components (bolt icon) offer high exp values but will reduce the exp bonus when used.

and if youre gonna upgrade make sure your multipler is maxed out first, and since youre only at chapter 5 i wouldnt worry about upgrading just yet. youre going to be unlocking more shops as you progress deeper into the story and you'll have access to better material.

^ I'll probably buy FF XIII and Heavy Rain when I pick up GOW III....don't feel like going to the midnight release, that and I have a O-Chem test in the AM.

I still need to bust Bayonetta out...damn I'm behind.~

I won't spoil anything but GOW is pretty damn cool so far... I kinda expected more but it's still early.

Where are you BFBC2 players at? Most of the people on my friends list are still on MW2. Add me. =)

I honestly didn't upgrade a single item until chapter 10.

There is no real need to until then anyway.
really? so you played with the same weapons from the beginning of the game, not upgraded until chapter 10, why at that moment did it matter that far in? what made that the turning point for you to have to go in and do it?

organic components (claw icon) gradually raise the exp bonus but addvery few experience points to the equipment. on the downside mechanicalcomponents (bolt icon) offer high exp values but will reduce the expbonus when used.
so really, there is no happy medium it sounds like, both sides have a good and bad to them and you need to use them both regardless.

for now, i will just keep playing not stop worrying about upgrading the weapons and just start saving all the stuff until chapter 10 then.

thank you for your help, i will probably be back with more questions, this is the first FF game i've ever played and been into besides X, which i never finished because blitz ball pissed me off.
ohwell.gif

i like a more linear game, i can stay on track more and i am more motivated to finish because i have a clear understanding of where i'm going and what i'm doing, i have been reading that chapters 10-13 are more open, i hope i can still stay on track and progress comfortably through the last 3 chapters.

i just realized anything and p.o.b., you guys were on my list at one point, i was gone off of psn for a while, but now i am back. not sure if you remember. anyway, i would like to re-add you both. thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. i really appreciate it.

Originally Posted by derrty6232

Where are you BFBC2 players at? Most of the people on my friends list are still on MW2. Add me. =)
I shall add you in a bit.
pimp.gif

edit: or add me. im goin to bed right now.
laugh.gif

I'm in Orphan's Cradle right now. Chapter 13 for those who don't know. I read you can go back to pulse upon completing the game to do the sidequests. So that's what I'm probably going to do. Be ready though, battles become significantly difficult towards the end of 11 and onwards.

Be ready though, battles become significantly difficult towards the end of 11 and onwards.
got any pointers for what lies ahead?
wink.gif

Spend points in your main Crystal trees only (meaning the main 3).  Spending them on the other 3 trees where it's like 20HP for 12k CP isn't worth it.  You are better off saving your CP for the time being and use them when your trees expand.  You can complete the other trees when you grind out on the creatures of pulse upon completion of the main game.  Having a good balance of attackers is key too.  Plus 1 Sentinel is a must.  I carry 2 medics as well.  3 Ravagers is great to quickly get a stagger after a power combo is performed by one of your commanders.  Basically, be ready to be switching paradigms many many times throughout certain battles.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

I'm in Orphan's Cradle right now. Chapter 13 for those who don't know. I read you can go back to pulse upon completing the game to do the sidequests. So that's what I'm probably going to do. Be ready though, battles become significantly difficult towards the end of 11 and onwards.

i had a feeling about that ....that why i'm just farming and xping the last 2 hr
laugh.gif

biggie

thanks for that 411. much appreciated. on the the crystal trees, they are at 3, i have bought most things on those first 3. so when i fill those up, just hold off on using my cp points until when exactly?

the only other part i need to understand more is the combos i need to be using to eliminate enemies more quickly.

so...

use commandos to put the hard hits in, then bring a 2-3 ravagers out to stagger enemies. while they are staggered is it best to bring the commandos back in to put more hard hits in?

and what role do the synergists have, when do i use them.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]basically, i need to know what paradigm combos should i have set up to be most effective in the game? thanks![/color]

biggie

thanks for that 411. much appreciated. on the the crystal trees, they are at 3, i have bought most things on those first 3. so when i fill those up, just hold off on using my cp points until when exactly?

the only other part i need to understand more is the combos i need to be using to eliminate enemies more quickly.

so...

use commandos to put the hard hits in, then bring a 2-3 ravagers out to stagger enemies. while they are staggered is it best to bring the commandos back in to put more hard hits in?

and what role do the synergists have, when do i use them.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]basically, i need to know what paradigm combos should i have set up to be most effective in the game? thanks![/color]

Physical attacks (commandos) slow down staggers decrease rate but do not increase the stagger very much, whereas ravagers can drive that up really fast. So what i usually do is start off with a commando in my paridgm, make an attack, switch to all ravagers or whatever and get the stagger up. But if you let the stagger get down to zero you will need to make another physical attack to slow the decrement of the stagger. Then once staggered it depends on the enemy if you should leave them as commandos or ravagers (whatever the mob is weakest against) if it is a boss make sure to use libra ASAP.

Really you didnt like blitzball? That was one of my favourite parts of the game, some days i just put in FFX to get in an hour or 2 of blitzball lol

Back
Top Bottom