PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Via playstationlifestyle.net

PS3 to Go 3D This July
3D-685x357.jpg

PlayStation LifeStyle: "The PlayStation 3 has been the cornerstone of Sony's recent 3D movement. Sony has confirmed that a patch, that would allow all PS3's to display 3D, would release sometime this year. Unfortunately, no specific timeframe was ever given.

However, a recent finding on the electronic-giant Bestbuy's website seems to give the first solid, concrete timeframe for the anticipated patch."

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via release.square-enix.com

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep to be born unto the U.S. this summer
khbbs_112309.jpg

Square Enix is sure hoping that the recent release of its long-in-production RPG hasn't caused you to forget about its other long-in-production RPG: The PSP-exclusive Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep. The company recently sent a jolt through the series' dormant U.S. fan base by announcing that the title will come stateside sometime this summer.

According to Squeenix's press release announcement, the North American version of the game will include new features, such as "an extra boss and additional multiplayer options," as well as something called "Crown Stickers." That certainly sounds like powerful weapon in the fight against the Heartless. We hear those guys hate stickers.

Good news, I'm a psp owner myself and I need something to play on the bus/train during my commute to school lol. I have never played any kingdom hearts game though, anyone recommend some good rpgs for the psp, besides crisis core and monster hunter: freedom unite

Originally Posted by SithLord22

So it's finally time to give the ol' 60gb a new hard drive. What do you guys recommend? I know I need a SATA 2.5 laptop. But brand? 5400 or 7200 rpm?

anyone?

^^^ From what I was told there's not much difference between 5400rpm and 7200rpm, except the faster rpm makes your PS3 heat up quicker which you don't want.

I don't know much about this kinda stuff though, so you might wanna get a few other opinions on it first.

So it's finally time to give the ol' 60gb a new hard drive. What do you guys recommend? I know I need a SATA 2.5 laptop. But brand? 5400 or 7200 rpm?

anyone?

Get a 5400 RPM drive.

Here is some good prices for a 640GB hard drive.

http://www.newegg.com/Pro...309749783&name=640GB

I upgraded my 60GB PS3 with a 320GB Samsung hard drive a couple months ago.

I just threw in a 320gb 7200 rpm seagate momentus yesterday. It was $59.99 on Amazon. Trying to figure out if I want to install YDL 6.2 or Ubuntu 9.10? Not really sure tho. Anyone use either one?

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via meodia.com

IGN laid off Executive Editor of PlayStation Team, Chris Roper
Chris Roper, the long time IGN Editor, Executive Editor of PlayStation team, and host of IGN Podcast Beyond who recently reviewed God of War 3 was laid off. He confirmed it via his twitter account.

The news came soon after Garnett Lee losing his job at 1up.

IGN hasn't made any formal announcement regarding Chris Roper.

Some people on PS3 forums are happy cuz son didn't give God of War III a 10. Idiots
indifferent.gif

Podcast Beyond was hilarious... sad to see him go.

Any reason why? Or just cutting some payroll?

Originally Posted by bonde111

I just threw in a 320gb 7200 rpm seagate momentus yesterday. It was $59.99 on Amazon. Trying to figure out if I want to install YDL 6.2 or Ubuntu 9.10? Not really sure tho. Anyone use either one?

Better do it quick. Before the next firmware update comes out because Sony is taking away the feature to install "Other OS" on the PS3.

SithLord22 wrote:

anyone?

I dont think it would matter much on a PS3 since you are never really writing or reading massive amounts of data off of the HDD. Faster rpm = faster read and write times to the HDD, typically the power consumption between the two isnt too much of a difference between the two speeds, but I would play it safe and grab the 5400

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

I know this has nothing to do with PS3

But this picture Via Kotaku is hilarious:

500x_picture.jpg
The 12-13 year olds are getting it IN!
eek.gif
They growing up too fast
tired.gif

[h1]Final Fantasy Versus XIII world map features airships[/h1]
by Sal on Mar 17, 2010 at 2:31 pm

FFV13-Airships.jpg

Final Fantasy Versus XIII director Tetsuya Nomura has letloose a couple of new details about the upcoming PlayStation 3 actionRPG in a recent interview with Square Enix Members Japan.

First off he revealed that the game’s producer Hashimoto isn’tletting him reveal any big new information. Looks like he wants to getit out as much as we want to get it.

Although, he did say that each part of Versus XIII isprogressing different and not everything in the game has been connectedyet. They recently just got the airship flying over the world map.

Airships. Hell yeah.

Thanks, GAF.

Lulz @ Kevin..IDK how to feel about the Move, sounds rather gimmicky. Good for a couple weeks then blah..

New Skate 3 video..

Video Games | Skate 3 | Skate School Featurette

XBox 360 | Playstation 3 | Nintendo Wii

From ign.com
[h1]
Electronic Arts Dates Skate 3
[/h1][h2]
Third iteration coming this May.
[/h2]
by Jim Reilly

LATEST IMAGES

View all 16 images
LATEST VIDEO
View all 9 videos

March 17, 2010 - Electronic Arts has announced the release date for Skate 3.

The third iteration of the series is coming to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on May 11, 2010 in North America, and worldwide on May 14.

"Since the very beginning of the Skate franchise, we have captured the true essence of skateboarding, be it from the feel of nailing that perfect trick, to the feeling of just hanging out and sessioning with your friends," said Jason DeLong, Senior Producer. "For us, SKATE 3 is the culmination of this endeavor - the most connected, accessible and social skateboarding experience yet."

Skate 3 boasts a roster of over 20 professional skaters. Here's the full list:

Andrew Reynolds
John Cardiel
Benny Fairfax
John Rattray
Braydon Szafranski
Josh Kalis
Chris Cole
Lizard King
Chris Haslam
Lucas Puig
Colin McKay
Mark Appleyard
Dan Drehobl
Mike Carroll
Danny Way
P.J. Ladd
Darren Navarrette
Pat Duffy
Dennis Busenitz
Ray Barbee
Eric Koston
Rob Dyrdek
Jason Dill
Ryan Gallant
Joey Brezinski
Jerry Hsu
Terry Kennedy
Jason Lee (as coach Frank)

Never played the first but I adored Skate2..Can't wait to try 3 out!

wow, they went at nintendo and microsoft

"big red ball"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

too bad not a lot of people are going to get that depth movement jab at nintendo
ohwell.gif

IGN again..
[h1]
Batman: Arkham Asylum Going 3D
[/h1][h2]
New Game of the Year edition contains extra challenge maps.
[/h2]
by Jim Reilly

LATEST IMAGES

View all 123 images
LATEST VIDEO
View all 112 videos

March 16, 2010 - Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment confirmed the Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year edition is coming to North America. This edition was previously announced for European territories.

Set for release on May 11 on Xbox 360, PC and PlayStation 3, this edition contains four extra challenge maps on the disc that were previously released as downloadable content. This edition also utilizes TriOviz 3D technology, allowing players to play the game entirely in 3D. This option is compatible with all standard and high-definition television sets.

Europe and Australasia versions are coming on March 26. No price details were announced.

Interesting, not sure how good 3D would really look though..

Back
Top Bottom