PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

no, i got confused with the "modern warfare 2| official ps3 thread...." i meant to put it here originally
i normally go here anyway, but i found it kind of odd that it had fewer pages than it did a while ago, that right there should have hinted me that it wasn't the actual ps3 thread.
frown.gif

Via GamePro.com

Killzone 3 revealed in next GamePro -- and it's 3-D
killzone-3-d-mock.jpg

One of Sony's major E3 titles has been revealed slightly ahead of time. Sony and Guerrilla Games are delivering on Jack Tretton's impromptu promise: Killzone 3 is real, and you'll be able to see it for yourself in the July issue of GamePro, on shelves June 1. A subscriber spilled the Helghan beans on the GameSpot forums, also revealing that the game is playable in 3-D, with the effect requiring the use of glasses (oh, and a 3-D-capable television). GamePro has confirmed the cover story to Joystiq.

That means that Killzone 3 is going to be a showpiece for Sony's 3-D technology, and therefore we should probably expect to hear a lot about it at the company's E3 presentation

Via 1up.com

Super Street Fighter IV getting balance fixes along with DLC next month
ssfivthawk580pxherehhe.jpg

According to Andriasang's translation of a post on Capcom's Japanese blog, the developer is planning to roll out a patch for Super Street Fighter IV on June 15 -- the same day as the release of the game's Tournament Mode DLC -- which will remove a few exploits and address some balancing issues players have discovered since the title's launch. For the full list of (highly technical) changes included in the update, just click past the jump.

The patch remedies a few sizable issues, such as the unblockable Ultra exploit -- however, it doesn't return E. Honda's "Thousand-Hand **%#@ Slap" maneuver to its original, unbeatable glory. Hopefully that particular fix will come in a later update.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via 1up.com

Super Street Fighter IV getting balance fixes along with DLC next month
ssfivthawk580pxherehhe.jpg

According to Andriasang's translation of a post on Capcom's Japanese blog, the developer is planning to roll out a patch for Super Street Fighter IV on June 15 -- the same day as the release of the game's Tournament Mode DLC -- which will remove a few exploits and address some balancing issues players have discovered since the title's launch. For the full list of (highly technical) changes included in the update, just click past the jump.

The patch remedies a few sizable issues, such as the unblockable Ultra exploit -- however, it doesn't return E. Honda's "Thousand-Hand **%#@ Slap" maneuver to its original, unbeatable glory. Hopefully that particular fix will come in a later update.

Did they fix Cody's Last dread dust glitch where he gets a crapload of invincibility frames?

I can't play him honest because that move not only makes him invincible but it reaches beyond half the ground.

And if KZ3 doesn't have offline multiplayer or a co-op portion then I'm gonna have to buy it and be disappointed.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Mister916

I'm torn, Modnation Racers or MGS Peace Walker?
i am having the same dilemma.. but since i am going on vaca the 2nd week in june i think i am going to pick up MGS and get modnation the week after i come back  

Via lazygamer.net

PlayStation Move Coming in July?
Psmovejuly.jpg

A new brochure from local gaming outlet BT Games has outed a possible July release date for Sony’s motion controller, dubbed Move. Details on its release have thus far been one thing Sony’s managed to keep secret – and are expected to be divulged at E3 – but BT Games may have inadvertently let that cat out of the bag.

The advert has no pricing details, only mentioning that Move is scheduled for July. Regular readers would know that this wouldn’t be the first time the retailer has pre-empted big announcements. In August last year, they confirmed the existence of the 250GB “Super Elite,

Via dualshockers.com

Metal Gear Rising Confirmed for Sony Conference at E3
metal-gear-solid-rising-artwork.jpg

While I was busy booking video interview time for E3 this past week, I stumbled on some interesting developments regarding Hideo Kojima and the E3 conference. You see, I originally called in to book interview time with the legendary developer upon his upcoming visit to New York City on June 12th before the conference. I then asked about  reserving possible interview time in L.A. during the week of the conference, I was then told this as a reply:
[h2]“Mr. Kojima is on a very tight schedule, and will not be doing ANY interviews. He will be going to E3 and appearing at the conference for the 1st party publishers and that’s it. I don’t even think he’ll make it to our [Konami] own conference. Afterwards, he starts a world tour for Peace Walker[/h2]

Via rightnreal.com

Rumour: Sega Revealed Shenmue III at E3 2010 as Playstation 3 Exclusive
ps3_shenmue3.jpg

Jesus. There’s no need for this. Spanish site Meristation’s rumouring that the game Sega recently signed an Unreal Engine license extension for is Shenmue III, and that the game will be on show in some form at E3 2010.
He shall come from a far eastern land across the sea.

A young man who has yet to know his potential.

This potential is a power that could either destroy him

or realize his will. His courage shall determine his fate.

The path he must traversed brought with adversity.

I await whilst praying, for this destiny

predetermined since ancient times.

Awaiting in anticipation. A dragon emerges from

the earth as ominous clouds fill the sky.

A phoenix descends from the heavens

trailing purple from its wings. The pitch-black

night unfolds with the morning star as its only light.
And thus, the saga begins…..

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

So I copped Red Dead Redemption anyone have a extra golden guns DLC they can hook me up with? Or gamestop or bestbuy's pre order DLC shoot me a pm.

So is there a NT PS3 multi player posse. I'd like to join.

Game is dope.

pimp.gif
From what I can tell there is no Posse tracking system...

Everytime you jump online you invite friends to the lobby you're in, and from there you can posse up with anybody you want.

I sold it
ohwell.gif
Got tired of being frustrated nightly by cheaters and getting my +#* whooped. But, I'm thinking of buying a used copy now, just cause I miss playing with all you guys.

damn frys had it for $35 brand new for there annual sale last weekend. so u might not play in the tourney we got coming up?

is mgs walker for the ps3 or psp and when is it coming out?

oh and RDR is definitely the best single player game to come out the past 2 years along with uncharted 2 and assassins creed 2

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via rightnreal.com

Rumour: Sega Revealed Shenmue III at E3 2010 as Playstation 3 Exclusive
ps3_shenmue3.jpg

Jesus. There’s no need for this. Spanish site Meristation’s rumouring that the game Sega recently signed an Unreal Engine license extension for is Shenmue III, and that the game will be on show in some form at E3 2010.
He shall come from a far eastern land across the sea.

A young man who has yet to know his potential.

This potential is a power that could either destroy him

or realize his will. His courage shall determine his fate.

The path he must traversed brought with adversity.

I await whilst praying, for this destiny

predetermined since ancient times.

Awaiting in anticipation. A dragon emerges from

the earth as ominous clouds fill the sky.

A phoenix descends from the heavens

trailing purple from its wings. The pitch-black

night unfolds with the morning star as its only light.
And thus, the saga begins…..

laugh.gif

If this happens, my head will explode. 

They need to package the other 2 games in a collection
Shenmue is my second fav game of all time behind FF7

I downloaded a program called PS3 media server which allows you to stream files off of your comp via Wifi connection
I dont know if any of you guys are familiar with it but it's giving me some problems
I'm getting some music track titles come up in Japanese text and sometimes just titled wrong altogether
Besides that tat PS3 takes a while to actually play music off of my comp, is there any way to speed this up?
One more thing vids don't work at all
Is it my connection, my comp or some other problem?

Does anyone know if there are any deals on Battlefield:Bad Company 2 going on right now in Canada?

YDBoUnCe: I use PS3 media server a lot. For the music part i have a bit of a delay as well and haven't figured out a way to speed it up. What format videos are you trying to playing? I play avis, mkvs, H.264 without any problems but sometimes with the HD stuff you just have to pause it for 10 seconds or so and let it buffer. If the server isn't finding your movies, you have to make sure under Navigation/Share Settings > Shared Folders that the locations of your movies are listed there.

Modnation Racers Review:

And finally I have been playing Modnation Racers for the last 3 days and it is a lot of fun! Creating karts, mods, and tracks is petty friggin sweet. It has a lobby sort of like RDR where you see others rippin around in their karts and you can go up to them and challenge them to a race, see their stats, their creations, message them. The most i have seen online is 8 people (since the game doesn't come out til Tuesday).

There is also a Hot Lap section where it is a different track each day and you try to beat the fastest lap. There is actually a silver trophy for top 10% for that day. I tried yesterday's track but some people have already glitched it and had like 5 seconds lap times when it really takes like 50 seconds.

The career mode is challenging and frustrating. Each race has 3 different objectives for example: Finish 3rd or better, get 100000 drift points and takedown 3 people. Some of them are ridiculous like don't hit walls for the entire race which is 3 laps long.

All in all I am impressed with everything can't wait to try out the split screen online and complete all the challenges in career mode. Hopefully I will see you guys on the race track!

If you guys have any questions just ask!

Back
Top Bottom