PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

[h2]Rumor: Leaked Killzone 3 concept art and details surface [UPDATE][/h2]
May 21st, 2010 @ 21:28
By Stephany Nunneley

killzone3.jpg

Update 2: Here’s some scans from Gamepro over on AGB.

Update: Apparently, the latest issue of Gamepro hasthe goods on Killzone 3 and the game has jetpacks and can be played in3D. Hit the jump.

According to a poster over on the GameSpot UK forums, here’s what’s in the mag:
  • Will show the Helghast have humanity left in them
  • Will have the feeling that “of being in a place far away from home, outnumbered by people who want to kill you.

[h2]EA and Canadian Hockey League ink 4-year partnership[/h2]
by Griffin McElroy { 1 day ago }

A recent EA Sports press release has announced that the developer's upcoming hockey title, NHL 11,will be the first game to feature the teams and players of all threedivisions in the Canadian Hockey League. The CHL is a "development"league, featuring players between the ages of 16 and 20, many of whichgo on to play for major teams in the NHL. We might go so far as to callit NHL Jr., if we didn't think every one of its players could beat uswithin an inch of our lives with little to no effort.

The two parties penned a four-year agreement to include CHL teams in the NHL game franchise, meaning we can expect to see minor league players in EA Sports' hockey franchise until NHL 14. We might even see a few CHL players move on to the big leagues between games. Won't that be nice?

New Releases (5/23-5/29/10)
PlayStation 3
Blur
ModNation Racers
UFC Undisputed 2010[/color]

PSP
Hexyz Force
ModNation Racers[/color]

Though we already know about, SCEE officially announced Killzone 3 today..

from VG247.com
[h2]Killzone 3 becomes official[/h2]
May 24th, 2010 @ 16:53
By Johnny Cullen

killzone32.jpg

Sony’s just formally announced Killzone 3 after a series of leaks over the weekend from US magazine Gamepro.

The game begins just as Killzone 2 ended, with Sev and Rico attempting to take on the Helghast army in a David vs Goliath-like fight after its leader Scolar Visari is murdered at the end of KZ2, with most ISA forces wiped out in the nuclear detonation at the end of the previous game as well.

Guerrilla’s promised levels in KZ3 will be “ten times bigger

^ Looks good, but I didn't like the battle system in one. It was very limiting with one jutsu, I hope they improved the battle system.~

omgomgomgomgomg KZ3!!!!!
yessssss
hopefully we can play it w/o the 3D
ohwell.gif

EDIT: also who else is buying modnation racers?
nerd.gif

i'm going to get that over RDR
happy.gif

Originally Posted by ccookielover49

man killzone 3 sounds interesting. I would love to see how they do this whole 3D thing.

See I'm not sold as the amount of rendering needed will put extra pressure on the GPU.  Meaning there will be 2 things that could happen separate or at the same time.

1. the GPU fries because of the extra stress
2. The graphics have to be toned down because of the extra stress
3.  both of these occurrences happen

I mean the GPU in the PS3 is pretty outdated by at least current PC GPUs if we are making a comparison.  So I think this is nothing more than a gimmick.  Then again I can't lie, playing an FPS and seeing a bullet fly right at me would be pretty sick.

Also remember, for proper rendering and view, you need to sit dead on in the middle of your TV.  Something that can be a problem for some people with smaller rooms, and especially if you want to play split screen or something with a coop feature.

I can not for the life of me post the PSN update, the page keeps turning white, *!@?! That's why I missed it the last 2 weeks.

Insomniac: EA deal helps us ‘reach more gamers’

Today at 4:02 pm

by Michael French | Email a friend | Print

Insomniac: EA deal helps us ‘reach more gamers’

New game will see studio break beyond its PlayStation confines

Insomniac Games has today announced a new deal with EA Partners – all part of a new bid to reach a wider audience.

The deal will see the studio responsible for Ratchet & Clank and Resistance: Fall of Man develop its first multiplatform project.

Until now all of its games have been for PlayStation, PS2 or PS3.

Widening to include Xbox 360 will give it access to a wider audience of gamers, Insomniac CEO Ted Price told Develop.

“Our goal was to be multiplatform on this title from the beginning,

Originally Posted by Speedy0990

[h2]EA and Canadian Hockey League ink 4-year partnership[/h2]
by Griffin McElroy { 1 day ago }

A recent EA Sports press release has announced that the developer's upcoming hockey title, NHL 11, will be the first game to feature the teams and players of all three divisions in the Canadian Hockey League. The CHL is a "development" league, featuring players between the ages of 16 and 20, many of which go on to play for major teams in the NHL. We might go so far as to call it NHL Jr., if we didn't think every one of its players could beat us within an inch of our lives with little to no effort.

The two parties penned a four-year agreement to include CHL teams in the NHL game franchise, meaning we can expect to see minor league players in EA Sports' hockey franchise until NHL 14. We might even see a few CHL players move on to the big leagues between games. Won't that be nice?

Awesome news. Now you can play through a junior career right up to NHL. Hopefully they add a decent Olympic tournament too.

Originally Posted by Chicagos Finest 23

Word is that ps3 is going to start charging for online?

for a premium membership, rumor is that its 9.99 which is
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
but at least its a rumor

playing games online the way you do now will still remain free

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by Chicagos Finest 23

Word is that ps3 is going to start charging for online?

for a premium membership, rumor is that its 9.99 which is
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
but at least its a rumor

playing games online the way you do now will still remain free
There's much more of this that will be exposed. Soon...

Look out for the EA content model from Sony
eyes.gif

Also look out for a "tier" system based on how "hardcore" of a game you are
laugh.gif
mad.gif
ohwell.gif

Ninja Storm 2 should be good. The first one had so much potential but it was way too simple and had no online play
smh.gif

IGN Ratings for Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype (PS3)
[table][tr][th=""]Rating[/th][th=""]Description[/th][/tr][tr][td]out of 10[/td][td]Click here for ratings guide[/td][/tr][tr][td]9.0[/td][td]Presentation
Beautiful HD visuals and lots of bells and whistles to explore. There is also a helpful in-game tutorial.[/td][/tr][tr][td]9.0[/td][td]Graphics
One of the best-looking downloads on the PlayStation Network. Each level is different from the last and offers eye candy to gawk at.[/td][/tr][tr][td]7.5[/td][td]Sound
Suitable, if a little generic, techno accompanies you on your mission. The voice over work is a little on the cheesy side.[/td][/tr][tr][td]8.5[/td][td]Gameplay
Typical shoot 'em up gameplay is enhanced with persistent rankings, meta-game challenges, and a forgiving health meter that keeps you playing longer.[/td][/tr][tr][td]8.5[/td][td]Lasting Appeal
From the online leaderboards to the unlockable challenges and secret missions, Soldner-X 2 will keep you occupied for a while.[/td][/tr][tr][td]

OVERALL
[/td][td]
Great

(out of 10)

can't wait for this ...dropping today ...part 1 was iMO slept on ...PSN need more SHMUP
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

J-DIDDS and I are recording some ModNation Racers gameplay right now, to the fine tunes of DJ Blend from the No More Drugs.... For This Guy thread.

This PVR records soooo nicely.

nerd.gif
JuneTheBeast sighting

Back
Top Bottom