PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

who else is getting Socom?
<24hrs left
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

UC3 multiplayer looks promising, they're making a lot of tweaks to make the experience even better. I loved UC2 & some buddies still play regularly. Here's some more info courtesy of IGN:

[h1]Uncharted 3: Why Multiplayer Rocks, Beta Details[/h1][h2] We thought developer Naughty Dog's online modes couldn't get better. We were wrong.[/h2][h2] April 18, 2011[/h2]

When I headed down to Los Angeles last week, I knew that I was going to see Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception but I really didn't want to see multiplayer. I had fun with multiplayer in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, but I thought playing what I assumed would be a slightly improved version of that in Uncharted 3 didn't sound that exciting.

That was a dumb thing to think because I played a ton of Uncharted 3's multiplayer -- third-person running, gunning and climbing mixed with time limits, experience points and various modes -- and it was great. Here's why...

Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Video Interview​

Split-Screen? Yes, Please.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception allows for split-screen play. The picture quality takes a dip and I found some of the text unreadable, but screw it, this is the way I want to play. (Seriously, Colin, I know you're reading this, and I expect you to come over and play with me all the time.)

Being able to shout out enemy locations or just glance at your partner's screen to see where they are for a revival is invaluable. When my partner and I were kicking *%@, it was because we were moving as a unit and making up strategies on the go. ("I'm going to go use the turret up that scaffolding; you hole-up in that train car and bait people out of the hangar.") That was a blast and it was with a bunch of strangers. I can't wait to iron out co-op plans with my friends and use them in matches over and over again.

As far as getting it right on a technical level, split-screen allows for each player to sign into his or her individual PlayStation Network profile. This means that as you earn XP and perks, they're saved to the server so that your progress is waiting for you when you jump on by yourself on your own PlayStation 3. It should work for PlayStation Trophies, as well.

Team vs. Team vs. Team

My love for split-screen goes hand in hand with my love for one of Uncharted 3's new modes -- three-team deathmatch. Here, three teams of two face off on a map to see who can score the most kills. This is where my "partner" moments come from. I really, really dug this mode as it's you and your pal against the world.

Multiplayer's packing cinematic moments like this, but only in team deathmatch.

My problem with traditional team deathmatches (which are still in Uncharted 3) is that the teams get so huge that I feel like I'm just another grunt in a squad. There's no real ownership in a fight as there's always someone's who is better or worse than me, so I'm just contributing to the goal but never standing out. In Three-Team Deathmatch, my team can't succeed without me.

When we take down an enemy together, we can pull off co-op taunts for bonus cash (which acts as experience points in Uncharted). The new Buddy System (which is in other modes and pairs you with a friend or a random) allows me to respawn next to my partner if he's not in battle. We're a squad, and it's all on our shoulders to win. I need to communicate and make big moves, and as long as the person on my screen isn't my buddy, I can blast the hell out of them.

Dress Drake Up; He's Your Dolly

Making it easier to tell your best friend apart from the other Drakes that'll be running around the multiplayer maps is the fact that Naughty Dog has dropped a big ol' customization suite into Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. You can add hats, tweak colors, create your own logos using multiple layers and unlock new components as you go. The best player in a match will have his or her logo plastered in the environment so there's another reason to strive to be an *%@ kicker.

Boosters are Gold

New boosters and medal kickbacks serve as some other incentives to be awesome. Boosters were in the last game -- abilities you selected to customize your in-game play -- but they've been revamped. When you select the regeneration booster, you're going to heal faster. However, using the regeneration booster earns that ability experience points and allows it to level up. A bunch of the boosters have different levels for you to achieve and that makes the booster more and more powerful. You can respawn quicker, carry more ammo, and a whole bunch of other stuff. It's another way to keep players gaming long after Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception comes out.

Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception Multiplayer Trailer​

On top of that are medal kickbacks. Any seasoned Uncharted vet is aware that there are in-game medals for achieving specific feats like defeating five opponents with one gun or whatever. Now, before you start a match, you can select a super-special ability like being able to teleport across the map or spawn an RPG in your hands and the medals you earn in the game will count toward that kickback. Earn required medals, use the move, and the process begins again.

These additions are rather cool. I know some might worry about them breaking the balance of the game, but in my time, it didn't seem like an issue. I used the teleport to get me out of danger, but I had no say in where I was going -- I just got away from the guy murdering me. Leveling boosters will keep me coming back, but as I won't be playing noobs as I level up, I don't see the ability to heal faster being a big deal as most will have access to it.

Oh, and if you need more incentive not to suck out there, Naughty Dog's added Uncharted TV to the mix. This is a video reel that plays on the corner of your TV screen as you customize and wait for matches. It shows you cool kills, awesome multiplayer moments and whatever Naughty Dog thinks you should be looking at. You can even full-screen it if you're done and just waiting for your match.

Views to die for.

Beta Details

Anxious to try all this out? You should be; I loved it. Well, you have two chances to kick the tires on the new multiplayer options for Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. If you buy Infamous 2 or are a PlayStation Plus subscriber, you can access the beta on June 28, 2011. Anyone and everyone on the PlayStation Network can access the Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception multiplayer beta on July 5, 2011.

There's still so much to talk about. Multiplayer for Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception allows players to join games in progress, really close matches will automatically go into overtime, and blowout matches will feature "power-plays" where bonus cash gives the losing team a chance to catch up. You can even play games against your Facebook friends. Co-op missions are coming back and Naughty Dog has more modes up its sleeve, but this is all the developer was willing to share. Frankly, it was enough because now I'm pumped.

Open beta a week later after PS+ not too bad..Loving the weapon/character customization.

From theparanoidgamer.com

[h2]Rage Pre-order Incentives and Brand New Trailer[/h2]
Posted by ClearConscious on April 18th, 2011
Rage-screenshot-id-Tim-Willits-300x187.jpg

Bethesda has revealed the pre-order incentives for their highly anticipated title Rage.  Those that pre-order at North America (Gamestop), Amazon.com, Steam and Direct-to-Drive will automatically be upgraded for free to the “Anarchy†Edition.

This edition includes four exclusive in-game items (Double Barrel Shotgun, Crimson Elite Armor, Fists of RAGE & the Rat Rod Buggy).

The ‘Dead City’ trailer can be viewed below.

Originally Posted by Av1r3x

UC3 multiplayer looks promising, they're making a lot of tweaks to make the experience even better. I loved UC2 & some buddies still play regularly. Here's some more info courtesy of IGN:
[h1]Uncharted 3: Why Multiplayer Rocks, Beta Details[/h1]
Open beta a week later after PS+ not too bad..Loving the weapon/character customization.

I'm hyped.
pimp.gif

I still play the MP for UC2

I just got the following message on PSN titled

From EA-TermsBreach
Subject- Eloctronic Arts

It says my account was caught breaking terms listed in the EA rules or something and that in order to prevent my id from being banned I need to send them my psn email id and passsword......
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Who falls for these

I replied lol

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

I'll probably rent. 12 hour gameplay with no re-playability. 
ohwell.gif

Copped MK last night and Portal 2 this morning. I love the first Portal. Co-op is a blast so far.
pimp.gif

I wanna platinum both games. I've been slacking on trophies, but these two seem like fun games to try for.

I've discovered fighting games are damn near impossible. 
laugh.gif

At least for me, I dont have the skill.

Dennis, I don't know if you use it, but if you have any trouble jump on www.ps3trophies.org.

I can give a list of the easiest platinums that were still fun if anyone wants it.

Moved to a new place in Calgary and have a Blockbuster pretty close. I'm contemplating doing their deal of $30 a month for unlimited video game rentals (1 at a time, though). Anyone do this?

If you could use that TRU coupon the same day, that would be awesome. I know I'm reaching though...
laugh.gif

I've discovered fighting games are damn near impossible. 
laugh.gif

At least for me, I dont have the skill.

Dennis, I don't know if you use it, but if you have any trouble jump on www.ps3trophies.org.

I can give a list of the easiest platinums that were still fun if anyone wants it.

Moved to a new place in Calgary and have a Blockbuster pretty close. I'm contemplating doing their deal of $30 a month for unlimited video game rentals (1 at a time, though). Anyone do this?
Yeah, ps3trophies is a sick website, I should use it more, to keep me focused. I keep reminding myself to go rent that Terminator Salvation game.
roll.gif

And this'll be the first fighting game that I try to platinum, I don't know what to expect, but the trophy list doesn't seem too bad.

30 bucks a month seems equitable, definitely good for a trophy *%!%$!

laugh.gif

You buy it?

I might go rent it. We can boost a couple of the harder trophies.

I already see one I couldn't get. 

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]LADDER MASTER - [/font]Complete Arcade Ladder on max difficulty without using a continue

laugh.gif

You buy it?

I might go rent it. We can boost a couple of the harder trophies.

I already see one I couldn't get. 

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]LADDER MASTER - [/font]Complete Arcade Ladder on max difficulty without using a continue
Yeah, there are some that look boostable, as long as you can get them in arranged matches, and not a random ranked match. If that's the case these trophies get much harder
laugh.gif

Bought MK, it's dope. Waaay better than Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Portal? Eh. Not sure. Was never a fan to begin with.

Man, Crysis 2 is lovely....

The graphics are THE best on a FPS thus far & the story mode is AMAZING!

I haven't even touched the MP mode yet...

PO

Back
Top Bottom