PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Still down for me...

same 
tired.gif
 im trynna play some COD4 damnit

Its probably just an update because I'm still on.

I would assume that I would get kicked off if these scrubs were messing around with PSN, but I know nothing about things like that.

Originally Posted by Furrell

Boost, the only reason KZ 3 fell on its face was because of the lack of story. Something that has hurt the franchise from its inception. If they make a Killzone 4, they have to hire a science fiction writer. I also think that it being rushed contributed. Killzone 2 took forever to come out but when it did it was worth it. I'd rather wait 3 years for a game than wait about 2 years for a mediocre game.

Yeah but KZ2 was trash too tho
laugh.gif

They said it could take a few DAYS until it's back up and running. Time to finish some single player modes that you guys have never touched
laugh.gif

Via Joystiq.com

Shadows of the Damned launching on June 21, 2011
shadows916.jpg

At a recent event in San Francisco, Suda 51 from Grasshopper Manufacture announced the new launch date for Shadows of the Damned: June 21. That gives it two weeks to get out of E3's way (the game was originally scheduled for June 7).

Shadows of the Damned is a bizarre, horror-themed third-person shooter coming from EA Partners and a trio of well-known Japanese developers. If the names Shinji Mikami (Resident Evil), Suda 51 (No More Heroes) and Akira Yamaoka (Silent Hill composer) don't ring any bells, then you really have no idea just how weird this game is going to be.

With all this legendary talent, this could be good!

Via Joystiq.com

Prototype 2 trailer explains Alex Mercer's heel turn
prototype421.jpg

The Prototype 2 trailer after the break helps explain why Prototype 1 protagonist Alex Mercer is the bad guy in this sequel ... but we don't think it needs all that much justification. He was always a mass-murdering monster; he just happened to be the monster in the player's control before. It's like Godzilla movies -- sometimes he's the bad guy, and sometimes another monster will be tearing up Tokyo and Godzilla becomes the hero by default.

After the narrative discussion, the trailer treats us to a little footage labeled "Pre-alpha." Luckily, Activision remembered to use that term instead of "Prototype," because that would be so confusing.

Video link: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/21/prototype-2-trailer-explains-alex-mercers-heel-turn/

Via blog.us.playstation.com

PSN 'down for maintenance' in North America and Europe [update]
psnlogo421.jpg

Both SCEA and SCEE are acknowledging service outages for the PlayStation Network (as is our own PS3, for that matter -- we just wanted to play Castle Crashers for a few minutes!). Users have been reporting inability to sign in to PSN since yesterday, and a thread on the EU PlayStation site calls out specific issues with Qriocity, PlayStation Store, and account management. On Twitter, Sony said PSN is "down for maintenance."

That message board thread will be updated, Sony says, when there's more information on the outages (like when they'll end). Right now it's just one useful post followed by seven pages of complaints, and complaints about complaints.

Update: The PlayStation Blog now reports that " it may be a full day or two before we're able to get the service completely back up and running."

Just when I was smackin the kufi off %*@##$ in Mortal Kombat, smh, 20-5 record so far
pimp.gif

Via computerandvideogames.com

Rumor: God Of War 4 Releasing September 2012?
god_of_war.jpg

God of War 4 coming September 2012 - Source
Wednesday 20-Apr-2011 11:39 AM

Respected mag PSM3 points to Sony sequel

God of War 4 is in development and will be released in September 2012, according to respected unofficial PlayStation mag, PSM3.

Last month a CV appeared online referencing a "God of War 4 cinematic test" and although the animator in question has since claimed this has nothing to do with Sony's flagship series, in its latest issue, PSM3 says it's learnt more...

"PSM3 has heard from another source that God of War 4 is coming, and will hit in September 2012," the mag reports in its latest issue, which is out next week and with subscribers now.

"Our source works closely with the God of War universe, and let slip he'd be working on a related project at the same time."

While last year's God of War 3 concluded a trilogy, Santa Monica Studio has said it's "not the end" for the hugely popular PlayStation franchise.

The next game in the series has previous been rumoured to feature online co-op gameplay.

:grabs snickers:

Originally Posted by derrty6232

SMH if it is "anonymous"... they said they weren't trying to affect the gamers...
Sony not thinking otherwise,
Our support teams are investigating the cause of the problem, including the possibility of targeted behaviour by an outside party.

That was taken from there EU blog today.

I know from friends at Sony that 4 had been in development and that co-op was being tossed around. Didn't know that they were planning for 2012 release that seems a bit soon. I'd expect a trailer but nothing playable at E3.

BTW, nothing from Versus XIII will be at E3 as of right now. Not even a new trailer.
eyes.gif
Lots of 13-2 stuff though.

even half the internet is down because Amazon's hosting services are down 
laugh.gif

i think sony is sniffing out people who are running a debug FW and remapping servers

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

I know from friends at Sony that 4 had been in development and that co-op was being tossed around. Didn't know that they were planning for 2012 release that seems a bit soon. I'd expect a trailer but nothing playable at E3.

BTW, nothing from Versus XIII will be at E3 as of right now. Not even a new trailer.
eyes.gif

In ur opinion does that mean that they are most likely rushing it and it may not turn out as good?

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

eyes.gif

1697321_o.gif

WHAT IN THE HELL. How do people get paid there?

"What have you been working on this past 3 months, Fuki?"

"Well, I finally got the sound I wanted when choosing something in a menu."

"How does a $10,000 bonus sound, you son of a *%%*+!!!!"

Just cancel the damn game already, this is getting out of hand.

PSN May Be Down For "A Full Day Or Two"
Written Thursday, April 21, 2011 by Richard Walker

Now this isn't the kind of thing you want to hear with the Easter holidays looming large on the horizon, and a few days of pure unadulterated gaming beckon. Sony has announced that the PlayStation Network may be out of action for a day or two, meaning that you'll have to keep your gameplay offline until further notice.

So, what's the deal? Apparently, there has been a network outage, and Sony is beavering away on trying to figure out what's going on before fixing the problem and getting everything back to normal

Patrick Seybold, Senior Director of Corporate Communications & Social Media posted an explanation on the PlayStation Blog: "While we are investigating the cause of the Network outage, we wanted to alert you that it may be a full day or two before we’re able to get the service completely back up and running. Thank you very much for your patience while we work to resolve this matter. Please stay tuned to this space for more details, and we’ll update you again as soon as we can."

So, keep an eye on the PlayStation Blog for information on further developments.

Back
Top Bottom