PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

I'm gonna try to keep up with this one.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MoMoney848

Originally Posted by vintuc

Almost missed this it was so small.
Is that what she said to you?
nerd.gif

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkk

I had to come in here though and say what up. I've missed y'all. How y'all been? I wanted to shout out the people that have been down since day one. I know I'm going to see everyone when MW2 drops. It'll be like the good ole days.

(Jay-Z "Meet the Parents") Let's take a trip down... memory lane... (Jay-Z "Meet the Parents")

Pictured: The Core Kliq. I miss y'all. It feels like it's been forever since all of us have played the same video game at the same time.
From Left: Boost, Nino, Chris... Me taking the picture.

You can actually see two of the people that became part of the Kliq later on the left side of the screen talking. ANYthing and Purple Face
pimp.gif

30bmjw8.jpg

As time went on, we added more and more worthy people to our ranks. Some were more... challenged... than the rest, but we loved them regardless:

23w71xd.jpg

And who could forget this?

(T-Pain from "Good Life") I'ma get on this TV mama, I'ma shut $#@% dooooown. (T-Pain from "Good Life")

2ujgklz.jpg

And like any great team in history, we had our haters. But you just have to remember that sometimes the people that hate the most really only want to be accepted and embraced.

Exhibit A:

1441f9w.jpg

I expect to see a storm of N.T.K.L clan tags on MW2. We're just too deep.

The Core: Me, Boost, Chris, Nino
The Tiers: Battousai, Purple, ANYthing, DMasta, Disgaea, iKoN, ienyce (djmackee), my main man John Stockton aka Vallejo, iLLoQuent (time to man up and cop a COD brother), JRS (time to man up and kill somebody in a video game), and the list honestly goes on and on and on.
The Wannabe: TheGamingMessiah

I'll be seeing y'all November 10th
wink.gif

pimp.gif

Man PS3 off the chain right now
laugh.gif
. Uncharted 2, Deamon Souls, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. I picked up Sigma and will be getting Uncharted next week without adoubt. Don't sleep on Sigma at all NT it is
smh.gif
pimp.gif
. Demon Souls got silly ratings but I would never actually get a chance to sit down and play a game likethat
smh.gif

New thread *hat*
From IGN.com
[h1]Dragon Age DLC Revealed[/h1]

[h2]New abilities, armor and party members available on launch day.[/h2]

by Jeff Haynes

October 8, 2009 - It hasn't even come out yet, but Bioware is already hard at work on preparing a ton of downloadable contentfor players to enjoy, with the first three packs being released on launch day. The first pack, called The Stone Prisoner, adds a new character, the stone golemShale, who has his own back story and quests, as well as new environments, items and gameplay. Players that purchase a new copy of Dragon Age will receive the Stone Prisoner for free as a download code within retail or digital purchases of the game. It can also be bought separately for fifteen bucks via the PSN and the in-game menu for the PC version, or 1200 points on Xbox Live Marketplace.

The second item is called Warden's Keep, a new adventure that unlocks ancient Grey Warden Armor, a new base and chest to store items, new abilities and additional hours of play. Set within an abandoned fortress that was once a Grey Warden stronghold, the location has long been rumored to be haunted and no one has ever returned from the keep alive. The Warden's Keep pack will cost seven dollars on the PSN and the in-game menu on the PC, or 560 points on the Xbox Live Marketplace. For those players that purchase the Digital Deluxe edition, they will receive Warden's Keep for free. Finally, players will be able to download the Blood Dragon Armor, gear that can be used within Dragon Age as well as Mass Effect 2. Unlike previous news reports, anyone who purchases the original or Collector's Edition of the game will receive a downloadable code for this armor for free.

Dragon Age: Origins is still scheduled to be released on November 3 in North America for the Xbox 360 and PC and November 6 in Europe. The PS3 version will be released later in November.

From IGN.com
[h1]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Hands-on with the Sidearms[/h1]

[h2]The latest edition of the Gold Cross Corner takes you in-depth with the USP, G18, .44 Magnum, and PP2000.[/h2]

by Mark Bozon

Type=count&ClientType=2&ASeg=&AMod=&AOpt=0&AdID=140435&FlightID=126520&TargetID=7845&EntityDefResetFlag=0&Segments=1,255,264,348,2092,2747,2863,3219,3494,3975,3982,4170,4178,4602,4603,4608,4611,4678,4723,4834,4840,4917,4951,5015,5036,5188,5194,5195,5718,5906,6013,6102,6382,6398,6483,6573,6654,6666,6671,6701,7396,7752,7888,8587,9209,9295,9598,10072,10327,10564,10583,10597,10820,11071,11754,12248,14285,14286,15232,15247,16251,17088,17470,17862,17864,17887,17902,18085,18113,18211,18294,18312,18317,18519,18520,18567,18671,18722,18723,18774&Targets=6556,22653,7012,19232,22129,6781,6505,7941,8080,11446,12419,22064,22211,22315,22715,6918,19866,7143,7085,7898,7845,10619,13523,14728,15506,15209,17572,17573,22977&Values=25,31,43,51,60,72,84,90,100,110,150,155,225,227,235,268,465,635,752,833,973,1187,1405,1481,1503,1591,1822,2661,2721,3006,3932,4056,4295,4662,4799,6612,6744,8052,8145,8243,8245,8257,8258,8977,8978,9113,10272,58049,58073,58218,58968,59328,59609,59614,59895&RawValues=&random=WAWrlh,bfmNrfmmiwelk

October 7, 2009 - If you're a first-person shooter fan, Modern Warfare 2 is hands-down the "next big thing" for 2009 and well beyond. After two full years on the market COD4 is still going strong, gamers (like me) are still logging on every night, and leaderboards are still stacking up with kill/death ratios and winstreaks -- even if people do have to deal with the cheaters out there taking up our top slots all the time.

If you're one of those gamers that spends their time pubbing with clans and sinking hour after hour into Call of Duty every night then this is the place for you. IGN's Gold Cross Corner is dedicated to the hardest of hardcore players, and from here on until launch -- and well beyond -- we'll be using the Gold Cross Corner article as a hub for the latest topics and news. Want to know the nuances of how a gun feels in the latest builds? We'll hit that up here. Care to weigh in on controversial decisions or issues within Modern Warfare 2? We'll have polls for you to chime in with. This is a feature dedicated to the hardcore players, and written by the hardcore players.

Before you read on, check out our latest Rewind Theater for the Infamy trailer. Watching the Rewind makes you 17% - 24% more desirable to the opposite sex. True statement.

Our latest topic for the Gold Cross Corner...
Hands-on With Handguns and Micro SMGs

The gunplay has always made the difference between a good first-person shooter, and an amazing one. Even in the Call of Duty franchise we've seen some debates about which game brings the best balance, and what games could have been better balanced across the weapon set. Hardcore COD4 players might find their bread and butter in either the AK or the M4, but you'd be hard pressed to find many guys that go straight for the G36 or M60. Those players are out there, but they're few and far between. On the pistol side of things, most players in my clan run with the wooden handle 45; the iron sights seem to be a bit more forgiving, and it hits just as hard (if not a big harder?) than the standard USP.

Recently handguns have become my bread and butter - or at least the most entertaining to use now that exp doesn't matter. The UpDog clan has started a nightly ritual, in fact, where we go online, jump into hardcore headquarters, and use only pistols unless a team shuts us down during a full game. The insane power of the Deagle has made it a favorite, despite the somewhat touchy iron sight setup.

Being an avid fan of Call of Duty 4, I was hugely anticipating some hands-on time with the weapons of Modern Warfare 2, so now that we're all in the big wait for the upcoming release, I figured I'd use the time to highlight the guns we've played with so far.

Note: This is info we've gathered from playing Modern Warfare 2 and seeing footage thus far, and is subject to change as more is learned about the game.

The Handguns
As your default go-to sidearm for MW2, these standard handguns are your best bet for consistent, classic play. I had a chance to try out every gun available during the beta, and I kept going back to one in particular (we'll get to that later) for no other reason than it was dependable, fast, and packed a punch. Sure, we'll all spend time going through the rocket launchers, jumping around the map with shotguns, and trying out the loud (but sometimes random) blasting of the machine pistols, but I'd bet dollars to say most players will go right back to the handguns once they realize just how much of a bread-and-butter class it is. To quote the great Han Solo, "Nothing beats a good blaster at your side kid."
USP .45

call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-20091007024222321.jpg

The H&K (Heckler & Koch) .45 makes its return from the first Modern Warfare and for good reason. While I don't prefer it to the other pistol options in COD4, H&K's 45 is a reliable sidearm that many competitive players use well after their gold cross is completed. The iron sights are manageable (though they block targets with the middle pin), it's a quick pistol, and with a 12 round mag size you can feel comfy in equipping stopping power instead of relying on sleight of hand all the time.

In Modern Warfare 2, the USP again feels great as a stating default pistol, though once again I've got other favorites even already. I snagged a few kills with the H&K during the multiplayer beta event, and it's always nice for a quick ADS pull-up or last stand run, but it really wasn't too earth-shattering overall. If you've used the .45 in COD4, you already know how it'll feel in Modern Warfare 2. Decent, but pretty standard all around. Minimal recoil, minimum penetration, and it'll take a few hits to drop a guy even in hardcore from what I've seen so far.

Still, not a bad gun to have on your hip. When you line someone up for that must-hit shot, you'll be glad you have a gun this dependable.

Our Gold Cross Corner continues with three more sidearms. Check out our hands-on impressions below.
.44 Magnum Revolver
call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-20091007024222931.jpg

Even with just a few hours of time under my belt in Modern Warfare 2 I'll go ahead and state right now that the .44 Magnum is my pistol of choice. While you'll have to deal with a decent amount of recoil, a slower reload time than the comparable Desert Eagle (also confirmed, but not yet playable), and only six bullets per reload I experienced some awesome success with the gun in our multiplayer setting.

As a bit of a warning, I'm an AK-47 player, so take that as you will; I don't mind the blowback on heavy guns. The aspect that really won me over on the Magnum during our hands-on wasn't the power (though it's strong) but the usability of the gun in ADS mode. The iron sights are very manageable, and while the accuracy isn't too hot - as you can see on the right - it fires straight when you're aiming down sights. In the hardcore setting this gun won't need stopping power, and I already see myself using it as a go-to weapon; especially with sleight of hand on. I started quick-switching to the .44 after firing out my magazine of primary weapon in the MW2 beta, and I saw great results with it. Four kills with six bullets on default game types? Yeah, I'll be using this gun for quite a while.

call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-20091007024222650.jpg

Check out footage of the Magnum in action, found at the end of this gameplay clip.

If everything stays the same with the Deagle, the Magnum will act as an earlier unlock (2nd in line) on the handgun front, and one that has a more manageable iron sights while still sacrificing a bit of hitting power to the Deagle. Still, it'll be easier to line guys up, and that makes those six shots just as vital - if not more - than rattling off that one extra bullet with the Deagle. You'll take about a full second longer to reload it (I estimate about three seconds flat with it), but hopefully your target is down by then.

The Machine Pistols
If you're looking for an alternative to the classic sidearms from COD4, machine pistols are a nice option. While smaller in capacity than standard SMG's and a bit more random in fire, these quick-burst weapons hold some serious potential in hardcore modes and when using the akimbo, stopping power, or sleight of hand perks. In the field I've had relatively low success rate with them thus far, but seeing as we've yet to go hands-on with hardcore modes or have full access to all the perks, there's still some obvious advantages to the new set of secondary weapons.
PP-2000
call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-20091007024221821.jpg

As the first machine pistol in Modern Warfare 2, the PP-2000 is a pretty balanced firearm that can be used as a standard go-to weapon in multiplayer. Available with the Akimbo perk and pretty decent from short to mid range in multiplayer, the 2000 is like a MW2 equivalent to the mini-uzi or Skorpion. While not as hard-hitting as full-on SMGs, the 2000 has 20 bullets, can hit at a pretty effective range, has a nice mix of accuracy and damage, though it'll take longer to reload than your standard sidearm.

I've used the gun multiple times in the MW2 beta, and while I've only had a few kills with it so far the potential is there. Running with dual 2000's is reason enough to go Akimbo, and adding stopping power onto the already-powerful automatic can make this pistol surprisingly deadly. Your mobility also stays up when using it, and while those 20 rounds go quick it's a great short-range compliment to a mid or long-range weapon like a sniper rifle. Use it to get into position, then set up for your long range tactics. It sure beats a USP when you run around the corner and come face-to-face with the opposition. You'll get a bit of bullet movement during recoil since the weapon kicks its 20 rounds out pretty fast, but if you keep targets within range (most of my success came within a street's width or so) the 2000 is an effective weapon.

Glock 18
call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-20091007024223228.jpg

While the PP-2000 is a nice "ease-in" weapon for those starting with machine pistols, the Glock 18 is a weapon that demands a steady hand and precise shooting. The gun's standard mag holds 18 shots (two less than the 2000), but fires at an insane 1200 shots per minute, which is well over the estimated 800 or so by the 2000. As a plus, the added accuracy inherent to the Glock automatic design means you won't see too much more blowback when compared to the 2000, but it's still there. With a faster rate and less rounds the Glock is empty almost instantly after firing, so if you don't have your enemy in-sights, don't bother. I was able to clip the gun at about three or four rounds per burst in multiplayer (I found doing single shots nearly impossible; it would fire two at the very least) and have decent results, but regardless of how you play, this one empties fast.

Some Glock players may end up using Akimbo or the like, but from my time with the game the 18 is much better served with stopping power, using small bursts to try and control the otherwise rapid-fire weapon. Oh, and this gun is used for short encounters only. You can see the small range on the gun's stat sheet above, but it's even more apparent when you get on the field with it. This gun pours bullets, and you'll find yourself reloading well before you're ready if you don't manage your bursts.

Shame there isn't select fire in MW2. The Glock's three-burst setting would have rocked for just such situations.

That wraps up this latest edition of the Gold Cross Corner. We'll have more gun features on the way, as well as plenty of updates once we go hands-on with even more weaponry. Look for more hands-on features in the coming weeks, as we still have plenty of confirmed weaponry to detail . Maybe we'll hit the SCAR-H up next… that's a damn sexy gun.

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by Battousai701

bad news boost... Afrika sucks!!
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
I knew it was coming. I want Demon Souls so baaaad. Somebody gimmie a review on it.
*sigh* i woulda cop demon souls on tuesday ......but i just found out on Monday i'm getting laid off from my job
frown.gif
eff. nov 13th....just right after i come back from vacation ...i might just copit anyway this weekend but i still gotta squeeze my funds tighter now

Originally Posted by i3allistic

eyes.gif
laugh.gif
I knew it was coming. I want Demon Souls so baaaad. Somebody gimmie a review on it.
*sigh* i woulda cop demon souls on tuesday ......but i just found out on Monday i'm getting laid off from my job
frown.gif
eff. nov 13th....just right after i come back from vacation ...i might just cop it anyway this weekend but i still gotta squeeze my funds tighter now

On the bright side.... you no longer need to take time off for MW2!!!!!!!!!!!

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

grin.gif

tired.gif
Sorry to hear about the lay-off.
frown.gif

The Tiers: Battousai, Purple, ANYthing, DMasta, Disgaea, iKoN, ienyce (djmackee), my main man John Stockton aka Vallejo, iLLoQuent (time to man up and cop a COD brother), JRS (time to man up and kill somebody in a video game), and the list honestly goes on and on and on.
The Wannabe: TheGamingMessiah

Gotta shout out Vintage, Danny (Nu_Weapon), Arnsal, Bhupinder, Marley, Nikeshoewearah, Azteca, erupt, .... list is deeeep.

First 6 months are going to be epic... again.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

[h2]Super Street Fighter IV producer wants to expand online mode, add more original characters[/h2]
by JC Fletcher { Oct 8th 2009 at 3:00PM }

In an interview with Famitsu, Super Street Fighter IV producer Yoshinori Ono did a lot of hinting, but didn't really offer any specifics about the new Street Fighter IV update. For example, he declined to explain what's going on with the changed Ultra Combo gauge, though Famitsu speculates the mark in the middle is a Roman numeral I, to denote the first of multiple meters filling. However, there's still enough information to be interesting in Andriasang's translated synopsis.

Ono said he wanted to expand online play, to more closely approximate the excitement of being at a tournament. Online match viewing is something Ono hopes to add to the game, making Street Fighter more of a spectator sport. He also said he wanted to augment the Replay Viewer feature in some way.

As for the most noticeable new addition to Super -- the new characters -- don't expect Juri to be the only original character among a bunch of old Street Fighter series also-rans. Ono said he wanted to add more original characters who, like C. Viper, are at "the borderline of what fans might accept" using unusual fighting styles.

[h1]http://kotaku.com/5376881/metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-demo-dated-today[/h1]
[h1]Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Demo Dated (Today!)[/h1]
By Brian Ashcraft, 1:30 AM on Thu Oct 8 2009, 10,623 views (Edit, to draft, Slurp)
Copy this whole post to another site

Slurp cancel

progressIndicator_roller.gif

select site advertising consumerist deadspin defamer fleshbot gay fleshbot gawker gizmodo idolator io9 jalopnik jezebel kotaku lifehacker valleywag artists gawkershop sploid

On October 8, the demo for upcoming PSP title Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker will be available for download. October 8? That's today!

The demo will go live on the game's official page at 6:00 PM Japan Time. This demo is the same demo that was playable at this year's Tokyo Game Show. You can read Kotaku's impressions right here. Or not.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

eyes.gif
laugh.gif
frown.gif
eff. nov 13th....just right after i come back from vacation ...i might just cop it anyway this weekend but i still gotta squeeze my funds tighter now

On the bright side.... you no longer need to take time off for MW2!!!!!!!!!!!

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

grin.gif

tired.gif
Sorry to hear about the lay-off.
frown.gif

thanks man, but yeah ...its freaking getting crazy out now ...a few of my buddies from other companies are getting the papers soon too
tired.gif

^^
laugh.gif
i think Forza 3 is 360 bro ...this is a PS3 thread
laugh.gif

It got 9.4 on IGN... game appears to be serious.

thanks man, but yeah ...its freaking getting crazy out now ...a few of my buddies from other companies are getting the papers soon too
tired.gif

I hear you.... It's not as bad north of the border, but you definitely notice a huge change. You can't afford to slack off at all, asthere are people that would be more than willing to take your job.

I have it pretty safe (relatively speaking), but I'm definitely not taking it for granted.

Originally Posted by yancancook90

^^
laugh.gif
i think Forza 3 is 360 bro ...this is a PS3 thread
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
im gonna assume it was a lame attempt to fire shots at GT5/PS3
it wasnt a lame attempt at nothing

i just thought that it was a multi-platform game but nvm i edited my post

Back
Top Bottom