PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

That sucker is huge, is this really suppose to be the future of gaming? A controller the size of a Galaxy S tab?

future of wii gaming, imo the system is obviously aimed at the people who dont give two !$%%% about 360 and ps3

aside from first party stuff, seems like its gonna be releasing with a lot of the stuff already on ps3 and 360

"utopian"
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Yes, stoneface him because he got rid of an FPS that no one plays anymore.
Medal of Honor was better than Battlefield 2.

frown.gif

i dont have that one anymore either.

So the one thing I was most impressed with wasn't any game (or the Vita, but that is very cool).
The 3D TV package that Sony announced.

$499.99 get you:

- 24 Inch 3D TV

- HDMI Cable

- 1 Set of 3D glasses ($69.99 a pair for extras)

- Resistance 3

Now, thats pretty cool for a 3D tv.

The craziest part is how it does multiplayer split screen. It literally layers Player One's screen over Player Twos, allowing both players to have the entire 24inch screen. The shutter 3D glasses allow each player to see their view without seeing the other players. Basically its like each of them having their own monitor. Kind of blew me away a bit. 
pimp.gif

e3-2011-eyes-on-with-the-sony-playstation-3d-display-20110606100634662.jpg

Hopefully the price of that Tv drops even more when they remove resistance from it.

So i did some research on that game Dust 514. Even though its turned exclusive after being multiplatformed i hear no one talking about it. For anyone thinking it's just a generic shooter think again. I think this game has some serious potential. and it's FREE to download and play.
Wolfensrevenge

Ok, I have been following this game since its inception and since noone seems to have any idea how massive and completely different this game is compared to any other FPS ever made I decided I would try to enlighten.This will be A "FPS" "MMO" "RPG" the first of its kind In this game you will be a mercenary There will be "mercenary corporations" that are made by Dust514 players you will join these corps or even start your own.. These corporations will be hired by EvE-Online players. You will fight for Bases and resources on "thousands" planets. If you do well and are a good merc corp EvE players like me "Wolfensrevenge" will make you very very rich.. In-turn you will buy better gear and vehicles that may eventually even be made by EvE players from the very resources you fight for.. The biggest difference between this game and any before it is the fact that it will not end You will have a "Character" and he will have Reputation and a corporation. When a new PS-4 comes out guess what... this game will be there and A new "Dust" will be Ready with your character and corporation waiting for you to continue your domination of the stars. THE DAY OF THE "PLAY IT ONE TIME THROW IT AWAY" GAME IS OVER!!!!!!! Prepare for a whole new generation of play.... For any questions or EvE-online info or Dust-514 info check out my Youtube channel at WOLFEN750 seya in-game. I understand that this concept Of MMO is completely foreign to console players but If you can understand this Give me a Thumbs Up ^^

Ok, I have been following this game since its inception and since noone seems to have any idea how massive and completely different this game is compared to any other FPS ever made I decided I would try to enlighten.This will be A "FPS" "MMO" "RPG" the first of its kind In this game you will be a mercenary There will be "mercenary corporations" that are made by Dust514 players you will join these corps or even start your own.. These corporations will be hired by EvE-Online players. You will fight for Bases and resources on "thousands" planets. If you do well and are a good merc corp EvE players like me "Wolfensrevenge" will make you very very rich.. In-turn you will buy better gear and vehicles that may eventually even be made by EvE players from the very resources you fight for.. The biggest difference between this game and any before it is the fact that it will not end You will have a "Character" and he will have Reputation and a corporation. When a new PS-4 comes out guess what... this game will be there and A new "Dust" will be Ready with your character and corporation waiting for you to continue your domination of the stars. THE DAY OF THE "PLAY IT ONE TIME THROW IT AWAY" GAME IS OVER!!!!!!! Prepare for a whole new generation of play.... For any questions or EvE-online info or Dust-514 info check out my Youtube channel at WOLFEN750 seya in-game. I understand that this concept Of MMO is completely foreign to console players but If you can understand this Give me a Thumbs Up ^^

Wolfensrevenge
Here's the trailer and another vid from 2009

Sony really needs to stop with there FPS takes and just pay a third party company tons of money to get exclusives content, features and adverts (Hi BF3!). Sony track record for shooters hasn't been so great on PS3, and they totally missed the mark with the Killzone 3.

Dust 514 was multiplatform but now exclusive since X-box live won't allow cross platform play.

Sony really needs to stop with there FPS takes and just pay a third party company tons of money to get exclusives content, features and adverts (Hi BF3!). Sony track record for shooters hasn't been so great on PS3, and they totally missed the mark with the Killzone 3.

Yeah i agree but im getting tired FPS

So the one thing I was most impressed with wasn't any game (or the Vita, but that is very cool).

$499.99 get you:

- 24 Inch 3D TV

- HDMI Cable

- Resistance 3

The craziest part is how it does multiplayer split screen. It literally layers Player One's screen over Player Twos, allowing both players to have the entire 24inch screen. The shutter 3D glasses allow each player to see their view without seeing the other players. Basically its like each of them having their own monitor. Kind of blew me away a bit. 
pimp.gif

Trash...
split1.jpg
 >*

$499.99 get you:

- 24 Inch 3D TV

- HDMI Cable

- Resistance 3

pimp.gif

pretty sick concept, im interested to see how this pans out, however im not a fan of 3D to begin with, gets me
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
after playing/watching something too long in 3D

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that new product is a 3d display and not 3Dtv. It's a monitor basically. Still a great price when compared to similar products.

TV is dope indeed but too small..granted it's marketed as a second monitor but I still prefer 46"+ display. Plus I wear glasses so this 3D craze means nothing to me..

from playstationlifestyle.net
[h1]Uncharted Dual Packs, PSP Dual Packs Spotted at E3[/h1]

06/08/2011 Written by Sebastian Moss

Uncharted-Dual-Pack.jpg

Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception looks incredible and is sure to blow us away when it releases in November. But what if you have never played the first two Uncharted games? Luckily, we spotted an Uncharted dual pack at E3, along with a whole bunch of PSP bundles.

No prices for the games were shown, but considering the Resistance bundle costs $39.99, it’s likely that it’ll cost the same. Seen at the Sony booth at E3, we noticed and Uncharted dual pack for the PS3. On top of that, PSP users will get 3 dual packs:
  • Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror with Socom U.S. Navy Seals
  • Syphon Filter: Logan’s Shadow with Killzone Liberation
  • Secret Agent Clank with Daxter

The Sony rep told us that they’re planning on releasing the Uncharted dual pack in anticipation for Uncharted 3‘s launch.

Originally Posted by ddouble

Dust 514 was multiplatform but now exclusive since X-box live won't allow cross platform play.
Microsoft isn't losing any sleep over this. 
Yea they're all about Kinnect now and the game is free to download and play suprisingly but still EVE is a large MMO and the fact that this is only on the PS3 could shift some consoles. It's the first time i've heard of 2 MMO's affecting each other that way.  Here's another quote.

Dust isn’t just a console game, it’s changing how EVE Online players will interact with each other in the universe in a major way. Dust players will share the same chat channels, will be able to join the same corporations and be involved in the same rivalry and backstabbing shenigans that grabs gaming headline news every month or so.

Farrer told me that while playing EVE Online on the server where DUST was being tested, he saw some activity on a planet as he was flying by it in space. He got close to the planet and looked close, and he see the combat raging below, and got a sudden message in his chat box: “Hello!

Originally Posted by Hyper

Oh, hell no.

roll.gif

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

swendro88wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that newproduct is a 3d display and not 3Dtv. It's amonitor basically. Still a great price when compared to similarproducts.
Yeah, looks like it's only a display. If they only added a TV tuner and made it at least 32" (with a proportionate increase in price), I'd be having buyer's remorse over my LED TV now.
laugh.gif

With netflix and other streaming options though you can still get plenty of use out of that display besides gaming.

Anyone know the price point for the Sony 3d TV by itself?

I'm currently in the market for a HDTV for my PS3.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

swendro88wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that newproduct is a 3d display and not 3Dtv. It's amonitor basically. Still a great price when compared to similarproducts.
Yeah, looks like it's only a display. If they only added a TV tuner and made it at least 32" (with a proportionate increase in price), I'd be having buyer's remorse over my LED TV now.
laugh.gif

Cant you just hook up your cable box and watch tv thru hdmi? Or am I trippin? Why need a tv tuner then?

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

swendro88wrote:

laugh.gif
Cant you just hook up your cable box and watch tv thru hdmi? Or am I trippin? Why need a tv tuner then?

you can do that?
eek.gif
it still doesn't work that way over here.
laugh.gif

closest thing you can get over here is hooking up my DVR and using that DVR's HDMI output to connect it to the TV, which is one more unneccessary thing to plug in. progress is slow in this part of the world. we have "Digital TV" that only uses RCA cables, and "broadband internet" and "3G" services that are as fast as dial-up, most of the time. 
eyes.gif
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom