PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

It was terrrible how people didn't have mics on COD4. Especially on 360 I mean it comes with the system. I guess everyone was to busy Party Chatting. Lolbums!

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

^Supreme Sole I think... maybe IRockTMacs?
Not I, J-DIDDS (jesseg8) does though.
Down for some UC2?
nerd.gif

Where can I get a cheap mic??

I don't see what the big deal is tho......why do people need a mic soo bad.....I don't like talking, just play the damn game.

This will be my first cod game also

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

I don't see what the big deal is tho......why do people need a mic soo bad.....I don't like talking, just play the damn game.

This is why your previous statement holds no weight.

Playing with NT'ers, you need a mic. Simple as that.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Mics are good for objective modes so you can have some teamwork.....I know Wal-Mart and Best Buy might have some cheap $20 Blue Tooths....I know awired PS3 mic in Best Buy is like $20

The Black Weekend in Demon's Souls was no joke. that thing was stupid hard, for me at least
smh.gif

Fighting 2 black Phantoms at the same time and having a 3rd one invade my game FTMFL
mad.gif
smh.gif

running away and summoning 3 blue phantoms to fight with me FTW!
pimp.gif

i cant believe i won that fight though. it was epic
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JAYFIEND

It was terrrible how people didn't have mics on COD4. Especially on 360 I mean it comes with the system. I guess everyone was to busy Party Chatting. Lol bums!

you should be the last to talk.

Originally Posted by jrp44

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

^Supreme Sole I think... maybe IRockTMacs?
Not I, J-DIDDS (jesseg8) does though.
Down for some UC2?
nerd.gif
Sorry fam, trying to study for a midterm tomorrow (it's not going well, obv
eyes.gif
), and if I jump on the PS3 it'll be curtains for my grade.

Whoooo just pre-ordered my MW2, my area is kinda gay with new releases, they never get enough copies off the initial run (BB, FS, EB and toysrus all around myhouse) probably because they are all the Metrotown locations.

Originally Posted by just reason

JAYFIEND wrote:
It was terrrible how people didn't have mics on COD4. Especially on 360 I mean it comes with the system. I guess everyone was to busy Party Chatting. Lol bums!

smh.gif
It is getting ridiculous how I get no respect in thisthread. Especially from bums like this guy. The only reason you know me is because you seen. " Killed By TheGamingMessiah" pop up on your screen somuch. This ain't Madden,stay in you place.

Originally Posted by JAYFIEND

Originally Posted by just reason

JAYFIEND wrote:

smh.gif
It is getting ridiculous how I get no respect in this thread. Especially from bums like this guy. The only reason you know me is because you seen. " Killed By TheGamingMessiah" pop up on your screen so much. This ain't Madden,stay in you place.

will-not-end-well.jpg

This will not end well.

From kotaku:

LittleBigPlanet Birthday Costume Is A Piece of Cake

500x_littlebigplanet_bday_01.jpg

Media Molecule's creative PS3 platformer LittleBigPlanet is one year old as of last week, so the developer is doing something to celebrate, giving away Sackboy costumes, including one that's been unavailable for download for the better part of a year.

That would be the launch ready Space Suit Sackboy Costume, re-releasing the week of November 5 for LittleBigPlanet latecomers. Media Molecule's also letting PlayStation 3 owners eat cake, prepping a candle-headed, slice-suited Sackboy, seen floating in space above.

Both are, thankfully, free!

Bonus:

spacesuit_omg.gif

From nowgamer.com:

2K Talks New BioShock 2 Villain

We found out everything there is to know on Rapture's new leader during our recent trip to see the game in action

Sophia Lamb is the ideological opposite of her predecessor Andrew Ryan, and the underwater city is quite a different place to be because of it. Speaking about her creation, the game's creative director, Jordan Thomas told us: "Well, it started by asking, 'What would be compellingly different? What school of thought would inform Rapture in a way that would add new dimensionality and really change the original intent of the city?'"

"Beyond that, I have been interested in utilitarian philosophers since I was a kid, and [Lamb] is sort of an arch-utilitarian; an altruist who believes in the greater good above all. Now, people who study that philosophy have reached what's called the repugnant conclusion: that you spread this thin enough, all of a sudden you've got everybody equally miserable, but at least it tallies - that's what she's falling into."

A pretty good read from g4tv.com:

Exclusive Heavy Rain Interview: Quantic Dream's David Cage Featuring New Gameplay Footage

Attempting to sell a game with no shooting or jumping is going to be a tall order for David Cage, co-CEO of Quantic Dream and writer/director of the forthcoming Heavy Rain. In an industry ruled by modified rifles, plastic instruments, and -- increasingly -- zombies, a dark investigation into a serial killer and interpersonal relationships doesn't make for good back-of-the-box marketing material. But that seems to be a secondary concern to Cage, who is far more interested in how we feel as human beings while playing his game, beyond the instant gratification of eliminating foes...morals, instead of morters. We asked him about Heavy Rain's marketability, sexuality, and the proper balance of interaction and cinematics. (Questions by Patrick Klepek and Sterling McGarvey)

G4: What's the development team feeling as Heavy Rain quickly moves from an in-house baby to purchasable product?

David Cage: We don't really have time to elaborate about how we feel at the moment. There is still a lot of work to be done and we try to deliver the best game we can. When you work on a game, you never see it as a purchasable product, you only see it as a mass of unperfect things full of bugs you need to fix.

Personally, I feel terrified. I only see the problems, nothing seems good enough to me to be released and I would love to spend the next ten years making every detail perfect. But there is a moment when you have to let your baby go, I guess. It is also the moment that will bring answers about what I believe in and my ability to deliver it. The kind of moments you expect with a mix of hope and fear.

G4: How do you market a game like Heavy Rain? As a video game? As a movie? As both?

DC: We are going to market Heavy Rain as a video game because this is what it is. It is definitely an experience that you play, not a nice cut-scene that you watch. Our goal is to convince players that it is possible to tell a story though game play and not through cut-scenes.

G4: Have you considered releasing a short demo via PSN of a scene such as the Norman Jayden junkyard fight, to convey what the game is to gamers who don't follow enthusiast media?

DC: Definitely. We are currently working on a demo, which is a real challenge. Finding one scene that can convey what we are trying to achieve with Heavy Rain is something really difficult. If we show an action scene, some players will think that this is what Heavy Rain is all about, and it is the same thing if we show an exploration scene. The problem is that each scene of the game offers contextual game play, which is something very difficult to explain and convey in a single demo. Demos are often a double-edge thing: if you don't release one, players may think that you have something to hide. We also know many good games that ended up not being massive hits because the demo could not convey the quality of the game behind it.

Because Heavy Rain is a new concept and since many gamers will want to check what it is before buying it, we will be releasing a demo. We just need to find the best scene for it.

G4: How do you decide what elements of the game are player-controlled or portrayed by a cut-scene?

DC: Each time we can find a way to make a sequence interactive, we do it. Whenever, no matter how hard we try, we don't find a way to propose something interesting to play, we use a cut-scene if it fits.

Some scenes were designed as interactive from the start and ended up being cut-scenes, others were designed as cut scenes and ended up being interactive. The biggest internal debate we had was about dialogues. We try many different new ideas for dynamic dialogues to find ways of not sticking the player in a cut-scene just to listen to what is said. That was a very interesting part of the design work, and I think there is much more to do in this area. Heavy Rain is just the first step in discovering how to tell a story through interactivity. It is definitely full of impossible challenges, but I can't imagine anything more exciting and fascinating to do as a gamer designer.

Video Game - E3 2009 - Video Game Trailers

A father and son struggle to get over a family tragedy as they go through the motions of their daily lives.

G4: What regions of the world seem to be providing you with the strongest feedback? Are Americans responding more enthusiastically than Europeans?

DC: The biggest surprise for us was how universal is the story we have chosen. The theme of the game "how far are you prepared to go for love" is something that is immediatly understood and that raises interest, whether you are French, American or Japanese. I often heard in the past that the U.S. was a market for shooters, Japan was a market for RPGs and Europe for everything else. I don't think this is still true. Indigo Prophecy got the best reviews in the U.S., and there is no big difference so far between the countries regarding Heavy Rain.

The biggest difficulty we face is to dissociate ourselves from other types of mature games based on gore and gratuitous violence. Pretending to be mature in this environment always raises questions about what you exactly mean. Having a game talking about the love of a father for his son also raises questions, especially because many people wonder how a story could be played. We work in an industry where interactivity is usually defined as fighting or jumping. We hope to convince with Heavy Rain that there are many other things that can be done with interactivity that can be just as exciting.

G4: How much research went into crafting an American setting when a Parisian team is behind the project? What difficulties did you face in generating a sense of authenticity?

DC: The difficulty when you want to set your story in another country and within another culture is to avoid making a postcard of this country as you imagine it seen from where you leave. We also wanted to avoid all the clichés that are usually used about the US. So before the project started, as I was writing it, we went to Philadelphia for two weeks with some people of the team and our cameras. I chose Philadelphia pretty much per chance. I liked M. Night Shyamalan' s movies and when I checked where he was shooting, I realized he was from Philadelphia. So we booked a plane, took our bags and traveled to the East Coast of the U.S., not having a clue of what we would discover.

We spent a tough two weeks exploring the city with a movie scout taking us to the worst places, the poorest areas, and the abandoned factories, discovering another side of America that you don't often see in Hollywood movies. We visited the houses of people, we saw kids living in the streets, streets with garbage that no one collects anymore, houses about to collapse where people were still living, schools built across the street of a petroleum installation, etc. We saw barbed wire all over the place, railways leading to nowhere, rusted bridges, and many other things.

The places we visited and the people we met within these two weeks were the real founding moment of Heavy Rain. If I could only transcribe 1% of what I saw and what I felt when I was there in the game, it would make me very happy.

G4: You've cited your game as a mature, adult experience. What other games have you experienced in the past few years that you feel convey mature storytelling, even if they don't deal with themes as dark as yours?

DC: I like the work of Fumito Ueda [ed. Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, The Last Guardian]. I often mention him as one of the key authors in our industry. He has a world of his own. He has his themes and his way of telling stories, as well as an interesting visual universe. He has a very poetic approach that I really enjoy.

Heavy-Rain-Interview-Quantic-Dreams-David-Cage.jpg

G4: You don't seem to be shying away from sex in Heavy Rain. How do you decide what's too far? Is there a line?

DC: My rule is very simple: as long as it tells something about the story or the characters, everything is allowed. The problem is when it is gratuitous, when you add more blood than is needed, or when your camera goes lower for a little bit too long without telling you anything. Then you know you crossed the red line. There are some sexy scenes in Heavy Rain, one in particular I really like because it is about being a part of the intimacy of a character. It is one of the sexiest things I have seen in a video game without being vulgar at any moment. I am curious to see how players will react to that.

G4: What do you think of other attempts to incorporate sex and sexuality into video games? Have any been successful?

DC: To be honest, I don't think sex has been cleverly used in games very often so far. Most of the time, it is used as "teenager bonus" to laugh stupidly in front of the TV. Sex is a part of our lives (well most of us…). It is what two adults in love usually end up doing, it is a way to express feelings. I don't think there is anything wrong if you deal with it in a non-gratuitous way and in a tasteful manner. This is what we try to achieve in Heavy Rain. If video games aim at becoming really a mature platform telling more subtle and complex things at some points, it will have to deal with feelings, sex, politics, in short, with human beings and not only with super heroes.

G4: Gaming culture seems to have devalued the power of the word "rape." Do you feel that the sequence with Madison is designed to be jarring, because she's on the cusp of sexual violence in that scenario? Is that deliberate, or circumstantial?

DC: This scene has been widely commented on, and I was a little bit surprised of how some people reacted to it. What I wanted to experiment with this scene was to see if it was possible to put the player in Madison's shoes, and experiment how it feels to be a woman who is seen like a sexual object.

In this scene, the player plays with Madison's charms to seduce someone and get information, but nothing turns out the way she planned. I wanted to know how players would react and see how far they would go if they placed themselves in Madison's shoes. The results were really surprising. Most people playing the scene actually did their best to save Madison. They carried through with their actions because they actually felt like they were Madison and understood she was in danger.

We absolutely don't deal with any sexual violence in this scene, and nothing shocking is shown or even suggested beyond this uncomfortable situation. However, some people really felt uneasy and humiliated with Madison in the context of the scene. This is something very interesting. It means that players really felt they "were" Madison, telling us that we can make people feel what the characters feel at this very moment.

In Heavy Rain, we try to make the player go through different emotions and to make them feel different things. What it feels like to be a woman in this situation is certainly not pleasant, but it is a part of feeling the emotions of the characters.

Via mw2blog.com
[h2]Modern Warfare 2 Deathstreak Rewards[/h2]
There's a whole host of Killstreak rewards available for people that rock atModern Warfare 2's multiplayer, you can even get a Nuke if you are good enough! But what about those of us that suck? Well you get rewarded when you diemultiple times without getting a kill in the form of Deathstreak Rewards. Here are the Deathstreak Rewards you have to chose from.
[table][tr][td]Painkiller
[/td] [td]3 Deaths
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Health boost for a limited time for your next life
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Copycat[/td] [td]4 Deaths
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Steal the class of your last killer for next your life
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Martyrdom[/td] [td]?
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Drop a live grenade on your next death
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Final Stand
[/td] [td]?
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Same as Last Stand but you can use primary weapon, equipment, crawl and come back to life if you stay alive long enough
[/td] [/tr][/table]
*Waits for shots to be fired at boost*

Originally Posted by RealityCheck22

Via mw2blog.com
[h2]Modern Warfare 2 Deathstreak Rewards[/h2]
There's a whole host of Killstreak rewards available for people that rock at Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer, you can even get a Nuke if you are good enough! But what about those of us that suck? Well you get rewarded when you die multiple times without getting a kill in the form of Deathstreak Rewards. Here are the Deathstreak Rewards you have to chose from.
[table][tr][td]Painkiller
[/td] [td]3 Deaths
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Health boost for a limited time for your next life
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Copycat[/td] [td]4 Deaths
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Steal the class of your last killer for next your life
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Martyrdom[/td] [td]?
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Drop a live grenade on your next death
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Final Stand
[/td] [td]?
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Same as Last Stand but you can use primary weapon, equipment, crawl and come back to life if you stay alive long enough
[/td] [/tr][/table]
*Waits for shots to be fired at boost*

roll.gif

Heavy rain looks(graphically) amazing, but I dont know if I can see myself playing it, Im sure it could appeal to the sims loving masses.

Via cinemablend.com

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PS3 Beta Info Coming This Week!
zkgbbc2cover1.jpg

DICE indicated last week that Battlefield: Bad Company 2 could get a beta. Today Gamestop outed the beta and even provided a launch date.

For the next 24 hours, GameStop is offering "free overnight shipping, plus access to the Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta beginning November 19th, 11PM PST" for PS3 pre-orders of the Limited Edition of Battlefield: Bad Company 2. The deal is said to expire on November 3rd at 11 am CST.

There's been no official announcement of a beta by DICE yet. There's no mention of the Xbox 360 or PC versions getting a beta. You'd expect at least the Xbox 360 to get the beta though, wouldn't you? More details should be a-comin' soon enough.

Update #1: The official BFBC2 Twitter seems to be throwing cold water on this deal. "Do not pre-order #BFBC2 from anyone for a Beta code until it's confirmed by DICE on Twitter and the Blog. Even if it's #GameStop!!!!"

Update #2: An EA spokesperson has told Blend Games that beta details will arrive later in the week. No indication as to whether or not the November 19th date is legit, though.

My Take: Yep, put my pre-order down already, the first one was too ill.

Via the13thcrystal.wordpress.com

Official Japanese box art for Final Fantasy XIII
p

My Take:Straight out of left field
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Yan Can Cook

ANYWHERE IN THE BAY AREA SELLING COD4 EARLY?!

I'll sell you COD4 for 100 bucks today
nerd.gif

NCTwin: You been MIA. We feel no love from you. You still haven't reached 55 on your first level. That being said, I still love you.

I'm cosigning Nino Je Ne Sais Quoi. Get a mic.

Boost... wait two weeks to make that official PS3 thread stamped MW2 thread. Dudes sign up and then never play and they just take up space. My friend list ispretty much set. I have everyone that I know I'm gonna be playing with. I don't need much more than you, Nino, Chris, Battousai, Jason, ienycedjmackee,vallejo, DBlack, DMasta, VintageSole, iKoN (if he shows up on PS3), and the rest of the Kliq (even the bootleggers coughLazyBandAntoine) cause I know those arethe people that are actually going to be playing.

I'm playing the campaign this time around. I'm actually planning on finishing the campaign for COD4 on November 10th because I just found out that eventhough my girl preordered the prestige edition for me, shipping takes 3-5 business days. Yes, I'll be late. It's okay though, you guys can startwithout me. I'm sorry. I love you. ::hits Nino with Sweet Chin Music::

Back
Top Bottom