PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

[h1] [/h1]
[h1] Gran Turismo 5 Track Editor Confirmed By Polyphony Digital[/h1]
By admin

With the recent rumors and videos that have been going around about Gran Turismo 5 having a track editor, we decided to contact the developers to find out if it was true or not. Now, we have a official answer.

They were kind enough to give us a quick response and this is what a representative said:frown:Take note, translated from Japanese.)
"Yes it will have a track editor. You will be able to rebuild a track from scratch or edit the tracks that are already put in Gran Turismo 5."

dont know how legitimate this is but we'll have to wait and see, there have been rumors of a track editor

hairpin city. My dream will be realized in HD!
eek.gif

PCH Huntington Beach... ahhh my race memories and lots of speeding tickets
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

My GameStop is having a midnight release and a 1 vs. 1 tournament at 9PM, I sign up for that %#%$$, if I win I get a FREE copy of MW2
pimp.gif

Don't worry, I am pretty confident there is no chance of you winning.

Yeah Boost... make sure you show up with $60. You know you're not winning anything. You're gonna go out in the first round... word to every tournamentteam you've ever been on. Oh and before you say anything, I'm gonna B. Rabbit myself... yes I've lost in every single final I've made it to.

Originally Posted by MoMoney848

My GameStop is having a midnight release and a 1 vs. 1 tournament at 9PM, I sign up for that %#%$$, if I win I get a FREE copy of MW2
pimp.gif
Don't worry, I am pretty confident there is no chance of you winning.
Yeah Boost... make sure you show up with $60. You know you're not winning anything. You're gonna go out in the first round... word to every tournament team you've ever been on.
haters.gif

I'd have to agree with Mo and Chris. Boost, you're better off just copping the game, go straight home, and lose online in the comfort of your home.

Via Joystiq.com
[h2]Ubisoft not planningto release Assassin's Creed 2 demo[/h2]
by Griffin McElroy { 14 hours ago }

Much like that other highlyanticipated Q4 blockbuster, it seems Assassin's Creed 2 won't receive a pre-launchplayable preview. According to Connected Consoles, a Ubisoftrepresentative recently confirmed at the Eurogamer Expo that the company has no plans for a demo. We've contacted Ubisoft to try and corroborate thisreport, and to see if the company has a good reason for not putting out a sneak preview of the title. You know, a reason better than "you guys alreadyknow what stabbing people is like."

[Via Kotaku]

Not feelin this move at all, aint no way im coppin AC2 off what they tell me. I wanna see/do the different things they put into the game. I wanna fly DeVincilil hookup for a minute or two. Ill wait til my boy cops it and see if its worth buyin.

[h2]Final Fantasy XIIIcharacter progression system explained[/h2]
by Griffin McElroy { 20 hours ago }

Though the effeminate hairstyles have managed to stay in tact as the Final Fantasy franchise has evolved, one element seems to change from game to game: The character progression system. From Materia to Guardian Forces to the Sphere Grid and plain ol' leveling up, the series has introduced some novel forms of strengthening your characters. It sounds like Final Fantasy XIII will be no different -- according to the latest issue of Shonen Jump, the RPG introduces a new progression system called "Crystalium."

Andriasang laid out the gist of how the system operates -- instead of gaining experience from battles, players earn "Crystal Points," which they can then spend on new abilities and stat boosts which are arranged on a circular chart. As you progress down one of the chart's specialization trees, you unlock stronger abilities; Fire leads to Fira, and so on. Sounds a lot like the aforementioned Sphere Grid -- but we suppose we'll have to wait until we get our hands on the game before we can make a more insightful assessment.

[h2]MW2 multiplayer leaderboards to be reset before launch[/h2]
November 2nd, 2009 @ 06:40
By Jonathan Cullen

Infinity Ward's Rob Bowling has tweeted that Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer will get a leaderboard reset for anyone who has the game already.

It is to make sure no one has an unfair advantage before the game is released next Tuesday.

"It definitely looks like a full leaderboard / level reset is in order just before the release date to ensure no unfair advantages," said Bowling.

There you have it, kids

Originally Posted by DC5 06

Originally Posted by Grimey

YO

How are y'all downloading that GOW3 Demo? I don't see it on the PSN Store..
You need to preorder the game in order to get the voucher code
The demo will also be on the District 9 blu ray that comes out in dec.

Maaaan Monday can't come soon enough.

Chris, Nino, Mo, I was thinking of starting a mini official PS3 COD4:MW2 Thread and to restart the sign-ups of [NT] and [NTKL] clan today, hows thatsound?

Chris, Nino, Mo, I was thinking of starting a mini official PS3 COD4:MW2 Thread and to restart the sign-ups of [NT] and [NTKL] clan today, hows that sound?
Man u aint neva lyin, ive been anticipating this game for the longest now that its less than a week away thats all me and my boy talk about. Cantwait til mw2 drops, i put so many game hold rather than pickin em up cause i know mw2 is gonna steal the show. On another note i never played a GOW but defcoppin GOW3, were GOW1&2 really that good?

Oh so I'm not included anymore?? That's what's hot right now??
smh.gif
frown.gif

From kotaku:
And Here are the Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Perks
Well, fresh on the heels of the killstreak list, we've got another claim to the multiplayer perk set. You know the drill, rumor, not official, spoiler alert.

This comes from the site MW2blog.com, which though it might look official (it even cites "Copyright Modern Warfare 2"), is registered through GoDaddy to someone in the U.K. I'm not saying these are false, just saying it's not official. And via Twitter, the Infinity Ward community manager Robert Bowling says: "Can't confirm nor deny any leaks for #MW2. Official stance is to just wait and discover the awesome yourself on November 10th."

Marathon (Tier 1)
Standard: Unlimited Sprint
Pro: Get over obstacles faster

Sleight of Hand (Tier 1)
Standard: Faster reload
Pro: Aim down sights faster

Scavenger (Tier 1)
Standard: Retrieve ammo from dead bodies

Bling (Tier 1)
Standard: Dual attachments on primary weapon
Pro: Dual attachments on secondary weapon

One Man Army (Tier 1)
Standard: Use primary weapon in secondary slot

Stopping Power (Tier 2)
Standard: Increased bullet damage
Pro: Increased bullet damage to vehicles

Lightweight (Tier 2)
Standard: Move faster

Hardline (Tier 2)
Standard: Killstreaks rewards require 1 less kill
Pro: Deathstreaks require 1 less death

Cold Blooded (Tier 2)
Standard: Undetectable by UAV, air support, sentries, and thermal

Danger Close (Tier 2)
Standard: Increases explosive weapons damage

Commando (Tier 3)
Standard: Increased melee distance

Increased melee speed Steady Aim (Tier 3)
Standard: Increased hip-fire accuracy

Scrambler (Tier 3)
Standard: Jams enemy radar

Ninja (Tier 3)
Standard: Invisible to heartbeat sensors
Pro: Move silently

SitRep (Tier 3)
Standard: Insertions. Reveals enemy explosives and Tactical Insertions

Last Stand (Tier 3)
Standard: Survive after being killed for 10 second, pistol equipt. You can crawl too

From joystiq:

Spicy Horse teasing Alice sequel for 2011 release

stopmoalice.jpg

We were surprised earlier this year to learn Spicy Horse was creating a follow-up to American McGee's dark take on Alice in Wonderland, which itself seemed like a concept so common and benign in today's market as to almost be kind of adorable. But consider us officially shocked after watching this video on the game's teaser site. It actually has us interested in the project -- apparently due in 2011.

If the creepy stop-motion animation is indicative of the final product's look we'll be more than a little intrigued; a notion surprising enough to make us wonder if we've been hitting the Caterpillar's hookah just a bit too hard.

Here's the vid:

Chris, Nino, Mo, I was thinking of starting a mini official PS3 COD4:MW2 Thread and to restart the sign-ups of [NT] and [NTKL] clan today, hows that sound?
There are a good 15-20 that will still be on, no matter what.

I am just wondering how many will jump in, ask to join, then ghost.

From gamingunion.net:

Ubisoft Confirm Metal Gear / Assassin's Creed 2 Potential

At the GameON: Finance conference in Toronto, GamingUnion.net had the opportunity to speak with Ubisoft Montreal CEO, Yannis Mallat. Mallat's studio is behind the development of the Assassin's Creed series, and many may remember the Assassin's Creed bonus in Metal Gear Solid 4, Snake adorning Altair's outfit.

Speaking with Mallat, we asked if Kojima Productions will have any easter eggs in upcoming Ubisoft games. Here's how it went:

GamingUnion.net: In Metal Gear Solid 4 you could unlock Altair's (from Assassin's Creed) outfit, is there any vice versa involvement, or tip-of-the-hat to Kojima Productions in Assassin's Creed 2 or Splinter Cell or anything like that?

Mallat: [Laughs] We're working with Hideo on a casual basis, and this is the kind of thing we love to do. When there is something vice versa I'm sure you guys will know first.

GamingUnion.net: Has it been talked about?

Mallat: We talk about a lot of things with Hideo, he's a great fan of Ubisoft and Ubisoft Montreal, as we are for his work. The relationship is really awesome with Hideo.

There you have it folks. Subtle, but Mallat confirmed that they are working with Hideo in some manner. Perhaps Snake will make his was onto the Xbox 360 after all, or Raiden will pop up in Splinter Cell.

From usatoday.com:

Q&A: Sony talks 'God of War Collection'

While PlayStation 3 owners count down until March for the arrival of God of War III, some players will check out Kratos in full high-definition splendor this month with the release of the God of War Collection.

The package features digitally remastered versions of the PlayStation 2 titles God of War and God of War II. John Hight, the director of product development at Sony's Santa Monica Studio, talks with Game Hunters about the compilation in a brief e-mail exchange.

What are the big changes players can expect from the God of War Collection?

Hight: The most noticeable change are the visuals. We all have a cherished game that, a year or two later, we load up and our memory of the visuals is more forgiving than reality. Now with God of War Collection, fans can truly appreciate how detailed the characters and environments really are. It's a thrill to play these classic games all over again, only this time the visuals exceed your fondest memory.

We also added support for PlayStation Network trophies. The extra satisfaction you get from beating a tough boss, solving a tricky puzzle, or discovering a secret is enhanced by a trophy. It's fun to compare trophies and progress with your friends.

Talk about the process involved with bringing Kratos into HD.

Hight: At E3, we got a lot of positive buzz for God of War III. We read the blog posts, forums, and editorials and it was clear that fans really wanted to see God of War 1 & 2 on PlayStation 3.

Our team was tied up on God of War III and we didn't have much time to have this out for the holiday season. We turned to Bluepoint. I'd worked with them before and I knew they could do great work under tight deadlines. They developed the very first PlayStation Network game, BlastFactor, in time for launch of the PS3. We couldn't have asked for a better partner. Bluepoint are amazingly talented and professional programmers. They love God of War and they took great care every step of the way to deliver a solid game.

We were also fortunate that most of the original team from both God of War and God of War II are still working with us on God of War III. Our employees are passionate protectors of the franchise. They were invaluable in providing information and even play testing the game to insure that we didn't miss anything. Bluepoint used our PlayStation 2 game code and data and their own rendering pipeline. The gameplay is identical in every respect to the original game. The resolution was increased and some textures were up-rezzed to improve overall appearance and legibility.

The extra horsepower of the PS3 allowed us to keep both games at a consistent 60 frames-per-second. Most people may not notice, but it smoothes things out and improves the responsiveness. I am still amazed at how flawlessly this project went. It lasted 15 weeks and we went into manufacturing 2 days ahead of schedule with no issues.

Any moments stand out from first two games in particular when reviewing the remastered versions?

Hight: There are so many great moments and its awesome to be able to play these games back-to-back. Starting with God of War, the battle with the Hydra is intense. When you first see Ares towering over Athens - the scale of God of War, and the epic nature of your quest sinks in. The Colossus of Rhodes battle at the beginning of God of War II sets the stage for nonstop action throughout. My favorite moment is grappling across the series of falling bridges in the Lowlands - my heart was pounding by the time I got through it.

Nah, can we at least get acquainted with the game first? Plus, all these ***** will sign up, week later when it drops, none to be found.

Plus, I'm a traditionalist, call be old fashioned, but I won't be online until I beat campaign.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Nah, can we at least get acquainted with the game first? Plus, all these ***** will sign up, week later when it drops, none to be found.

Plus, I'm a traditionalist, call be old fashioned, but I won't be online until I beat campaign.

I'll start playing it around Christmas.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom