PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via scrawlfx.com

FFXIII to include FFXIV beta code; Hope's summon, Chocobos in leaked Jump scans
FF13-Scans_11-06-09-SJ_Top.jpg

Next week's Shonen Jump has leaked a bit early, considering it's still Friday, but we have them. The new scans reveal both Hope's summon Alexander in Final Fantasy XIII as well as what the beloved Chocobo will look like this time around.

The magazine also reveals that Final Fantasy XIII in Japan will come with beta access to Final Fantasy XIV.

My Take: No love for the NA?
No love for the NA. and it's still on track for March.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Just beat Arkum Asylum last night....I only play like an hour every other day (mostly been playing NBA Live and FIFA) so it took forever. Plus, the double big things right before the Joker was a pain. The Joker fight was one of the easiest in the game so was a bit dissappointed with the end but it was a great game.

Now I need to break into the rest of my library and start playing all these other story-type games I've bought but never even put in the playstation yet...which one would you suggest I hit next?

(i) Uncharted 1 (won't buy 2 until I play and beat 1);
(ii) Metal Gear Solid 4 (want to play but dissappionted I never played MGS 3 so kinda bummed to go straight to MGS 4 - and my PS3 is not backwards compatible so will never get to play MGS 3);
(iii) Resident Evil 5;
(iv) Killzone 2
(v) Grand Theft Auto 4
If you have not played MGS 1 or 3 don't bother playing 4. You won't understand what's going on and you will have no emotionalconnection to the characters.

Originally Posted by d0nt w0rry about it

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Originally Posted by d0nt w0rry about it

^ You're talking about these right?

http://www.amazon.com/Rea...ystation-3/dp/B001IAOEXU - Real Triggers?

You should be able to find them at any Best Buy or GameStop.
Thanks thats what im looking for

No problem.

If you're looking for an actual controller alternative, Best Buy also sells a controller by their in store brand RocketFish. It's very much modeled after the Xbox360 controller, though it has a flaw that many like to point out in that the L1 and R1 buttons are a bit hard to reach and are spaced too far away from the L2 and R2 buttons. The controller is actually the first third party controller for the PS3 to have Bluetooth connectivity rather than using a USB dongle. I'd still like to get one myself.

http://www.bestbuy.com/si...809&id=1218106121312

And a couple reviews of the controller:
http://www.joystiq.com/20...pid-fire-ps3-controller/
http://www.i4u.com/section-viewarticle-615.html

hmmm. never knew such a thing existed. I just recently bought the real triggers and they make a world of a difference. however, i still like the 360 controllerbetter which is one of the reasons I usually dont by ps3 games, now if only this was cheaper it'd be a definite cop.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Just beat Arkum Asylum last night....I only play like an hour every other day (mostly been playing NBA Live and FIFA) so it took forever. Plus, the double big things right before the Joker was a pain. The Joker fight was one of the easiest in the game so was a bit dissappointed with the end but it was a great game.

Now I need to break into the rest of my library and start playing all these other story-type games I've bought but never even put in the playstation yet...which one would you suggest I hit next?

(i) Uncharted 1 (won't buy 2 until I play and beat 1);
(ii) Metal Gear Solid 4 (want to play but dissappionted I never played MGS 3 so kinda bummed to go straight to MGS 4 - and my PS3 is not backwards compatible so will never get to play MGS 3);
(iii) Resident Evil 5;
(iv) Killzone 2
(v) Grand Theft Auto 4
If you have not played MGS 1 or 3 don't bother playing 4. You won't understand what's going on and you will have no emotional connection to the characters.

That's exactly what I was afraid of. I played MGS 1 and MGS 2 and loved both but never got around to playing MGS 3. I don't have a PS2 and my PS3isn't backwards compatible. They should do a remake like they are doing with God of War!

I guess Killzone 2 is next...

Originally Posted by Capo617

Originally Posted by derrty6232

AYO! I was just playing my ps3(the big one that does everything, 60/80gb dont know, with the 4 usb ports, backwards compatible) for about an hour and it just shut off on me. Now when I turn it back on there's no tv display and the red lights on the ps3 just blink for like 10 seconds and turns itself back off. Whats going on?!?! Anybody know anything??
frown.gif
embarassed.gif
ohwell.gif

Maybe it just overheated or something and will turn back on later....

I looked on youtube and google and it looks like my ps3 has the yellow light of death problem...what can be done?? =(
I would say call Sony. Might be able to get it fixed or if you're good with a heat gun thing (Solder I think?) you can fix it yourself. Should be videos on Youtube. But definitely call Sony first before you mess around lol.
My brother just finished fixing it last night.
pimp.gif

from playstationlifestyle.net

[h1]Qore Confirms Ezio Wields Guns In Assassin's Creed II[/h1]

11/06/2009 Written by Devon Simpson
closeAuthor: Devon Simpson Name: Devon Simpson
Email: [email protected]
Site: http://
About: Old PSLS Contributor Attended E3 2009 Beta tested: Metal Gear Online, Socom Confrontation, Home, Little Big Planet, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, Uncharted 2 PlayStation owner since 1995See Authors Posts (12)

new-banner-685x177.PNG

After downloading and viewing episode 18 of Qore on the PSN, I began watching the segment on Assassins Creed II and was stunned to come across this…

Qore21-685x385.png

As you can see by this concept art clearly Ezio has at least on gun in his arsenal, not very subtle for assassinations in crowds but pretty bad %#! none the less.

Qore1-685x385.png

Note to self: don't get shot in the lower back

Here is screen shot of the gun being fired in game.

Veronica Belmont confirms in the video in the AC2 segment that a gun is present in the game too.

Stay tuned to PSLS for any upcoming news and a review of Assassin's Creed 2 coming soon…

playstationlifestyle.net once more..

[h1]New Scans Showcase 4 PS3 RPG's[/h1]

11/05/2009 Written by Cameron TeagueAuthor: Cameron Teague Name: Cameron Teague
Site: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net
About: I love gaming and I love PlayStation, otherwise I most likely would not be doing this.See Authors Posts (106)

personakingdomphantasystaroceangaidenwarriorsoflightlunar17-685x513.jpg

For a good amount of time there was the perception that the PS3 had forgotten the RPG genre, even with release such as Disgaea 3 and Valkyria Chronicles but that seems to be turning around.

The following scans showcase a bit on Star Ocean IV International, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Ar Tonelico III and Trinity Universe. SO IV has already seen release on the Xbox 360 but now is being brought to the PS3. The game features reworked menu screens, a tweaked battle system with auto-targeting and full English and Japanese voice acting options. 3D Dot Game Heroes is the tale of a kindgom turned 3D and borrows heavily from Legend of Zelda. Ar Tonelico III is being developed by Gust and has a music based combat. Lastly Trinity Universe is another group effort by NIS and Gust, featuring Characters from Disgaea and Atelier Viorate.

Star Ocean IV International - Februrary 4th in US and Japan

personakingdomphantasystaroceangaidenwarriorsoflightlunar03-300x210.jpg

personakingdomphantasystaroceangaidenwarriorsoflightlunar04-300x224.jpg

3D Dot Game Heroes - November 5th in Japan.

personakingdomphantasystaroceangaidenwarriorsoflightlunar47-300x225.jpg

Ar Tonelico III - January 28th in Japan.

personakingdomphantasystaroceangaidenwarriorsoflightlunar05-300x400.jpg

Trinity Universe - TBA in the US

personakingdomphantasystaroceangaidenwarriorsoflightlunar17-300x224.jpg

While Star Ocean IV International has a US release and 3D Dot Game Heroes has been said to be coming to the US, we are not sure of the other two. The entire Ar Tonelico series has made it stateside so far and NIS usually has their games go stateside. With White Knight Chronicles and Final Fantasy XIII also out next year, its safe to say that the RPG drought is over.

mw2logo.jpg

Price: 59.99 | [color= rgb(0, 204, 0)]Genre:[/color]First Person Shooter | [color= rgb(0, 204, 0)]Publisher:[/color] Activison | [color= rgb(0, 204, 0)]Developer:[/color] Infinitiy Ward | Release Date:11.10.09 | Clan Tag: [NT]

Originally Posted by Av1r3x

from playstationlifestyle.net

[h1]Qore Confirms Ezio Wields Guns In Assassin's Creed II[/h1]

11/06/2009 Written by Devon Simpson
closeAuthor: Devon Simpson Name: Devon Simpson
Site: http://
About: Old PSLS Contributor Attended E3 2009 Beta tested: Metal Gear Online, Socom Confrontation, Home, Little Big Planet, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, Uncharted 2 PlayStation owner since 1995See Authors Posts (12)

new-banner-685x177.PNG

After downloading and viewing episode 18 of Qore on the PSN, I began watching the segment on Assassins Creed II and was stunned to come across this…

Qore21-685x385.png

As you can see by this concept art clearly Ezio has at least on gun in his arsenal, not very subtle for assassinations in crowds but pretty bad %#! none the less.

Qore1-685x385.png

Note to self: don't get shot in the lower back

Here is screen shot of the gun being fired in game.

Veronica Belmont confirms in the video in the AC2 segment that a gun is present in the game too.

Stay tuned to PSLS for any upcoming news and a review of Assassin's Creed 2 coming soon…

interesting to see how that'll be. what I liked about AC was getting close and doing the assassination, only did throwing knives on a fewoccasions.
I heard somewhere you can do assassinations from above too

i just got uncharted 2 today. i never played the first 1 either.

i have not touched ps3 in sooooooo long.

ill take a stab at this tonight.

Yo MW2 is basically Kill zone 2 with a COD4 COver..Sentry gun and game play is alike..
Now I see where the greatness of this game comes from ..Smart move IW
pimp.gif

Add me to that list Boost. You know what's up...
laugh.gif

From joystiq:
Hands-on: Netflix on PS3

Many Netflix subscribers will find a rather inconspicuous red envelope in the mail today. It may look like a standard Netflix package, but inside PS3 owners will discover the "Instant Streaming Disc" which enables Netflix's instant streaming service on Sony's console.

We've embedded a video overview of the service above. We'll admit that there are a few qualms with the presentation so far. First, the activation process is slow and requires the use of a computer -- there is no way to activate Netflix directly from the PS3. (You won't be able to use the PS3 internet browser for activation purposes either.) Second, the loading of cover art is suspiciously slow. Finally, there is no way to directly manage your Queue from the interface. While you'll be able to browse various categories, there is no Search capability. One benefit the PS3 has over the 360 in this regard is the built-in browser. You will be able to use the PS3's internet browser to manage your Queue. It's a baffling additional step, but it certainly is an added convenience. (ProTip: Use SELECT to add a bookmark to your PS3 internet browser.)

While the previous video we posted suggested otherwise, we can confirm that HD video works on PS3, and it works well. In fact, it's a bit faster than watching SD content, simply because you won't have to wait for the PS3 to switch between resolution modes. When browsing your queue, look for a tiny HD icon at the bottom of the screen to see if it will play in high-def. (The selection can be quite limited.) When judging the overall experience, however, we'd say starting movies required a longer buffer than when using the service on the 360 or PC. Netflix is a terrific value-add for the PlayStation 3, but minor interface issues make it clear that there's a lot of room for improvement -- perhaps when Netflix becomes a standard built-in feature of the OS next year?

From MTV's Multiplayer:

'Hero' Of 'BioShock' Becomes Religious Figure In 'BioShock 2'

gods.jpg

How do you turn a deeply flawed man into a religious figure? Simple: make a sequel. That's what 2K Games did with the protagonist of the critically acclaimed "BioShock" for the upcoming sequel, "BioShock 2." The follow up to one of the best games of 2007 takes place ten years after the original game, where the inhabitants of Rapture are left with a very deep impression of the original's main character, Jack Ryan; so much so that some of the inhabitants of Rapture have placed him on a pedestal usually reserved for holy figures. At a recent demo, "BioShock 2"'s creative director, Jordan Thomas, had this to say when asked about Jack's role in the upcoming game:

"He's mentioned. His story, for the purposes of 'BioShock 2,' is over, in terms of his world driving narrative. That said, the things that he did are being fiercely debated by the splicers, because we wanted to support any of the choices the player could have made in the first game. It's become kind of a religious question; what he did at the end of "BioShock 1."

So, aside from the amusing thought of a bunch of splicers sitting around a table debating religion, it seems that 2K Marin has solved the problem tying up any loose ends that may have been left from the first game by keeping everything pretty vague, since the first game, much like the second, was so heavily influenced by player choice. However, the fact that Jack could be considered a "religious" figure may draw some comparisons to another FPS leading man, Dr. Gordon Freeman, and the scenario that was created between "Half-Life" and "Half-Life 2."

It's clear that both of these men weren't "gods" by any means, but its always interesting to see them from the point of view of the people they so-heavily influenced. Does that mean we're gonna see Jack's wrench as a unifying symbol?

Just picked up my copy for MW2, if I were you guys I would definitely check with your mom & pop video game stores to see if you can get it before Tuesday.

PSN: ChuckD315, add me if you have the game..... Boost add me to the list you got going, thanks.

Toss me in there Boost. Going to do that Game stop preorder tomorrow morning. Settling for the regular edition for 20 bucks.

Originally Posted by Capo617

AYO! I was just playing my ps3(the big one that does everything, 60/80gb dont know, with the 4 usb ports, backwards compatible) for about an hour and it just shut off on me. Now when I turn it back on there's no tv display and the red lights on the ps3 just blink for like 10 seconds and turns itself back off. Whats going on?!?! Anybody know anything??
frown.gif
embarassed.gif
ohwell.gif

Maybe it just overheated or something and will turn back on later....

I looked on youtube and google and it looks like my ps3 has the yellow light of death problem...what can be done?? =(
I would say call Sony. Might be able to get it fixed or if you're good with a heat gun thing (Solder I think?) you can fix it yourself. Should be videos on Youtube. But definitely call Sony first before you mess around lol.
My brother just finished fixing it last night.
pimp.gif

Good stuff. He have any trouble or was it pretty easy?

PlayStation[emoji]174[/emoji]Network ClanList
1. Raadius
2. Battousai701
3. jhawkcuse
4. JPTHE3

1. Raadius
2. Battousai701
3. jhawkcuse

FYI, please have a mic. It makes things that much easier.

1. Raadius
2. Battousai701
3. jhawkcuse
4. JPTHE3
5. jrp44

PlayStation[emoji]174[/emoji]Network Clan List
1. Raadius
2. Battousai701
3. jhawkcuse
4. JPTHE3
5. jrp44