PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Price of the Dual triggers in Canada are insane

14.99 SMH

anywhere else online that sells them cause Amazon.com wont ship these Canada
You can get them at Wal-mart for like $4.99 or so.
I might pick up some.

1:58
eek.gif

Via gofanboy.com

Dead or Alive 5 In Production for PS3?
kasumideadoral.jpg

If what we're hearing out of the European retail community is to be believed, it looks like the loss of Itagaki from Team Ninja has opened the doors for the Dead or Alive series to "broaden" it's horizons.

Rumor: Dead or Alive 5 In Production for PS3It looks like retailers are already being made aware through distribution channels that DoA 5, the long anticipated sequel to Dead or Alive 4 on the Xbox 360 is indeed in the works as a multi-platform title. Details are still sketchy at this point (no specific platforms named), but we can assume that the 360 and PS3 are the prime candidates for the popular fighter to land on.

Typically we'd write off a rumor like this immediately, but when combined with recent news of an Xbox 360 exclusive going multi-platform, we're kind of curious. While there's still nothing concrete, it certainly makes sense with Xbox 360's biggest backer (Itagaki) gone from Tecmo. The rumor is apparently getting through the distribution channels from Koei of Europe (now part of Tecmo) to retailers with Yosuke Hayashi's name coming up as the producer.

We're not writing this off as fake just yet, but we're waiting for something more concrete before we get PS3 fans too excited. But with Yosuke Hayashi's history on the PS3 (Ninja Gaiden Sigma series), we are certainly curious. We'll keep you posted.

My Take: Day 1.

Found a little more info on the new modes since the trailer is in Japanese...

From Destructoid:
SSFIV update: Bonus stages and new online modes detailed

Capcom's official Super Street Fighter IV website has just been updated today, and it was a relatively big one. First off, the character page now details Chun-Li, Crimson Viper and Cammy, with character profile pages and imagery in the new pencil art style.

But you've already seen these ladies before. You want to know about all the other updates, like bonus stages and the hot new multiplayer features, right? Hit the jump and we'll get to it.

Picture-4-620x.jpg

The first big update is the site's official page featuring the return of bonus stages, with plenty of screenshots and info. The page details how the car destroying stage should be played, (start with the door, then go for the roof) and even features some tips on how to rack up more points. Destroying as much of the car as possible within the time limit is obviously the point, and finishing the job before the clock runs out rewards you with a "perfect" rating. However, the game lets you continue to improve even further by turning it into more of a time attack challenge once you've already figured out how to effectively pulverize the vehicle.

cammy_07-620x.jpg

The other bonus stage is, of course, the barrel-breaking game. Unfortunately, my Japanese isn't quite good enough to tell you as much about this one, but it does say that earning a perfect rating will be much more difficult in this stage due to the almost endless supply of stuff to beat up on. It also says you'll be able to use your super combos here to do extra big damage. If you can moonspeak better than I can, feel free to help out in the comments.

Picture-3-620x.jpg

Finally, an update on the new Network system. Spectator lobbies are confirmed, and the page says up to NINE people can share a room, with eight players fighting and one person to act as a tournament organizer. This should make for some truly epic home tournaments. All players involved can spectate, and can communicate with the entire party via voice chat, which should be great news for those of you playing the PS3 version.

Optional team matches are either 2-on-2 or 4-on-4, with the next player in line taking on the winner of the previous bout, and will let you select your character before each match. The whole thing works in an endless tournament mode, allowing you to rack up wins and play for as long as you like.

05_ssf4menu02-620x.jpg

There's also a replay channel, which lets you study past matches. You can store the replays on your hard drive, add your own ratings to each one, and even view them with the other people in your player lobby to discuss techniques or rub your victory in each other's faces.

I have to admit, I was initially pretty excited for the bonus stages, but if things shape up the way they're looking so far, I think this new lobby system and the awesome tournament-friendly multiplayer system is going to be the big draw of SSFIV. That is, aside from the new characters and balancing tweaks.

On that note, Event Hubs has some info detailing a JeuxVideo.fr interview with Yoshinori Ono, in which he spills a few beans regarding the game's development. From that post:

The development staff has heard numerous criticisms about how powerful the characters are, or aren't, and they're trying to rebalance things accordingly.

While the properties for some special moves will be changing, the way they're executed (commands) will not be. Ono makes a point of stating that some EX moves were tweaked.

Some characters will be receiving new special moves.

Ultras will continue to be direct-damage attacks. You won't see a move like Yun's Genei-Jin as an Ultra or something along those lines because it doesn't fit with the 'Revenge Theme'.

Ono doesn't state outright that there's a second Ultra per character, but he mentions that they're taking an in-depth look at the current Ultras and tweaking them according. He goes on to state that there will be a new small strategic element to Ultra moves.

The Focus Attack system will not change, but the properties (frame data) will be tweaked for a few characters.

After Capcom released Street Fighter 4, people were upset at the small amount of stages and that there weren't character-specific levels. This was due to the time constraints but Ono states the team is hard at work on this aspect for Super Street Fighter 4.

Cross platform play is not something Capcom can do without the help of the console makers. He said if this is something the fans want, they need to contact Sony/Microsoft.

Yoshinori said he was disappointed by the latest King of Fighters game, but if given the chance he would gladly work on a new Capcom vs. SNK title.
Lots of new info to take in, and some pretty exciting stuff for Street Fighter fans. We'll keep you posted as more of this is made English-friendly and rolls in over the next few days. In the meantime, there's also a new trailer on the official site that will apparently show off the new modes. It doesn't seem to be working just yet, but might be something to keep an eye out for.

COD4 x QOS: 007 x SF IV x Bad Company x Wolfenstein x Counter Strike x ______ = Cod:Mw2
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

God I love playing #%@%*@ players on CoD4. Running 5 games in a row with the worst game being like 15 and 4
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Other team arguing with each other so hard after the matches
laugh.gif

Has anyones PS3 crapped out on them?? Mine doesn't read any form of disk at all that I put in.. Please PM me if you can give me any sort of info.. Thanks

Modern Warfare 2 is pure art.

There are no words to describe how amazing this game is. The campaign is enough to get you emotional. I'm serious.

Perfect 10.

ruge is your ps3 a first gen? if it is get dr.x blu ray disc cleaner ill get you the link. people should be aware when you constanly leave any kind of disc ina slot cd drive you bring down both performance and life durablity of the drive. If anyone disagre go ahead cause this is common sense im using, and ask my 4friends who ps3 crap on them cause of the slot drive. we talkin 1st gen here.

Originally Posted by Jesseg8

14.99 SMH

I might pick up some.

Thanks i will check it out when i get back to Ontario
KLIQ CANADA! --- What are we waiting for?? we have 6 Canadian members ready to join the fight

Also Canadian heads
Best buy Canada ( both in store and on the web)
is selling ACII for 49.99 ( i preordered one, may cancel it depending on the reviews)
http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodde...gon=&langid=EN

Just beat Arkum Asylum last night....I only play like an hour every other day (mostly been playing NBA Live and FIFA) so it took forever. Plus, the double bigthings right before the Joker was a pain. The Joker fight was one of the easiest in the game so was a bit dissappointed with the end but it was a great game.

Now I need to break into the rest of my library and start playing all these other story-type games I've bought but never even put in the playstationyet...which one would you suggest I hit next?

(i) Uncharted 1 (won't buy 2 until I play and beat 1);
(ii) Metal Gear Solid 4 (want to play but dissappionted I never played MGS 3 so kinda bummed to go straight to MGS 4 - and my PS3 is not backwards compatibleso will never get to play MGS 3);
(iii) Resident Evil 5;
(iv) Killzone 2
(v) Grand Theft Auto 4

[h1]Xbox 360 Owners "Defecting" To PS3 For Sequels?[/h1]
500x_defection.jpg
Multi-platform console gamers may be making the switch to the PlayStation 3 for sequels to games they may have owned on the Xbox 360, analysis from consumer research and consulting firm OTX shows.

Gamasutra's report on that OTX Gameplan Insight research shows that, for at least two titles, Xbox 360 owners are planning to invest in the PS3 versions of holiday sequels more so than the other way around. Both Assassin's Creed II and Modern Warfare 2 are seeing a shift in platform choice that favors the PS3, according to OTX.

Why defect? Gamasutra's report doesn't speculate on that, but one might assume the reasons are two-fold. In the case of Modern Warfare 2, the option to play the game's multiplayer portions without the need for an Xbox Live Gold account may be a factor.

The other may simply be the expanded PS3 console ownership following the system's recent price drop. Both titles appear to be feature equal, but the allure of buying games for the new console you just invested in, well, that might be enough to make the switch. Any other theories?
I am one of those people
Played Xbox 360 version of MW, switch to PS3 ( to many racist 12 years old, hope they dont start doing that stuff on PS3)

Question though

Im trying to find the attachment u put on the R2 and L2 buttons that make it feel like a 360 controller ( curve thing)

PS3 has a weaker install base, its only logical to target those area's that have underperformed.

[h2]International version of FFXIII could definitely be out by April 2010, says Square Enix[/h2]
November 6th, 2009 @ 05:40
By Nathan Grayson

ffxiii211.jpg

But it might not even make that date.

Why? Because - even though Square Enix's Yoichi Wada said during a recent financial briefing that the game's on track to complete its localization before the end of Square Enix's current financial year - development's not the only factor influencing the game's release date. While he didn't mention any specifics, we're guessing he was referring to marketing and things of the like.

However, according to Wada, "progress is good," so here's hoping Square Enix puts FFXIII on our plates as soon as its fit for consumption.
[h2] [/h2]

Team up and watch this new Skate 3 trailer
by Randy Nelson { 1 hour ago }

EA's new Skate 3 trailer touts team-play as the stand-out addition to the franchise. The new element allows players to tackle challenges and competeagainst other teams online for popularity within the Skate.Feed community. Of course, it's just as easy to become unpopular, too -- just ask the guy in theshort shorts.

EA Black Box is once again handling the development of the game, building on the, um, building features of Skate 2. The studio is working to greatly improvethe film maker and skate park editor, as well as adding new features such as an in-game and web-based "social network," plus the ability toseamlessly share parks, board designs and other user-created content a la Forza 3's storefront.

Skate 3 is due in May 2010 for PS3 and Xbox 360.

14.99 SMH

I might pick up some.

KLIQ CANADA! --- What are we waiting for?? we have 6 Canadian members ready to join the fight

Also Canadian heads
is selling ACII for 49.99 ( i preordered one, may cancel it depending on the reviews)
Well i believe we are waiting for MW2
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

[h1]Xbox 360 Owners "Defecting" To PS3 For Sequels?[/h1]
500x_defection.jpg
Multi-platform console gamers may be making the switch to the PlayStation 3 for sequels to games they may have owned on the Xbox 360, analysis from consumer research and consulting firm OTX shows.

Gamasutra's report on that OTX Gameplan Insight research shows that, for at least two titles, Xbox 360 owners are planning to invest in the PS3 versions of holiday sequels more so than the other way around. Both Assassin's Creed II and Modern Warfare 2 are seeing a shift in platform choice that favors the PS3, according to OTX.

Why defect? Gamasutra's report doesn't speculate on that, but one might assume the reasons are two-fold. In the case of Modern Warfare 2, the option to play the game's multiplayer portions without the need for an Xbox Live Gold account may be a factor.

The other may simply be the expanded PS3 console ownership following the system's recent price drop. Both titles appear to be feature equal, but the allure of buying games for the new console you just invested in, well, that might be enough to make the switch. Any other theories?
I am one of those people
Played Xbox 360 version of MW, switch to PS3 ( to many racist 12 years old, hope they dont start doing that stuff on PS3)

Question though

Im trying to find the attachment u put on the R2 and L2 buttons that make it feel like a 360 controller ( curve thing)

PS3 has a weaker install base, its only logical to target those area's that have underperformed.

HovKid.........kz2 solo campaign is the greatest shooter campaign of all time imo...theft auto has well-written cutscenes with fantastic characterisationfollowed by repetitive missions

metal gear is good but still kz2 will have you nostalgic after you beat it.

uncharted 1 i thought was overratd (i beat it way before the sequel arrived so its not like im comparing it to that).

whichever you roll with...happy huntings

Via scrawlfx.com

FFXIII to include FFXIV beta code; Hope's summon, Chocobos in leaked Jump scans
FF13-Scans_11-06-09-SJ_Top.jpg

Next week's Shonen Jump has leaked a bit early, considering it's still Friday, but we have them. The new scans reveal both Hope's summon Alexander in Final Fantasy XIII as well as what the beloved Chocobo will look like this time around.

The magazine also reveals that Final Fantasy XIII in Japan will come with beta access to Final Fantasy XIV.

My Take: No love for the NA?

I'm buying a PS3 slim from a guy who claims it's brand new and still sealed in the package. Is there any way I can know on the spot if it's beenopened or tampered with(I don't know how these things are sealed). We're going to meet up, so this information will be useful. Thanks in advance forany help.

- Hovkid, I think you should start out with Killzone 2. Great game. After that go to MGS4 and beat that. Then I suggest resident evil 5.

I also think you should just go straight to uncharted 2. I just got done beating that game yesterday and I never played 1. It was still a really good game.

14.99 SMH

I might pick up some.

Also Canadian heads
Well i believe we are waiting for MW2
laugh.gif
Well KLIQ CANADA should not be messed with, we will be legendary
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom