Publicly Reminiscing Over A Past Lover

I saw this on another board.
The picture posted below was posted by Jada Pinkett on FB. The caption read, "I miss him." Now, whether you want to believe her and Mr. Tupac were just friends isn't what is being discussed here. I know if I was Mr. Tupac being a friend would be the furthest thing from my mind when talking about that woman. 

But anyway, I feel that posting that picture is disrespectful to her current situation with Will. She is a married woman and there is no reason that she should be publicly reminiscing over a past lover. I am not telling her to not miss him but why pull this? Why do you need to make it a public thing? I feel it is disrespectful and I am sure some of you will use the insecure card and rightfully so. 

What are your thoughts on this?

558544_10150847539686320_51346591319_11641683_437571147_n.jpg

Grow up DC

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif
im kidding, I'm with you on this one, although it seems Will and Jada have a pretty open relationship, so I don't think he really cares

i think its a pretty big difference over reminiscing over someone you broke up with who live in the same city as you and reminiscing about someone who died.

I tell her even the Roc didnt last forever
If she wanna reminise go to coachella

-Monstar

I have no problem with this. Whether they were more than friends or not they maintained a good friendship up until his signing with Deathrow. Even though she wasn't happy with a lot of his actions around that time she still loved him dearly. It's almost as if you're assuming she misses being with him when she may only miss her friend. Jada knew the side of Pac that a lot of people fail to see. She knew that he was capable of accomplishing more. I see nothing more here than a friend missing a friend.

If it was a pic of 2Pac not kissing her then I would say I wouldn't like it and then get over it, but that pic would have me smh and feelin uneasy

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I saw this on another board.
The picture posted below was posted by Jada Pinkett on FB. The caption read, "I miss him." Now, whether you want to believe her and Mr. Tupac were just friends isn't what is being discussed here. I know if I was Mr. Tupac being a friend would be the furthest thing from my mind when talking about that woman. 

But anyway, I feel that posting that picture is disrespectful to her current situation with Will. She is a married woman and there is no reason that she should be publicly reminiscing over a past lover. I am not telling her to not miss him but why pull this? Why do you need to make it a public thing? I feel it is disrespectful and I am sure some of you will use the insecure card and rightfully so. 

What are your thoughts on this?

What are my thoughts?

That you're making an assumption about the relationship of two people you don't know and never will know and taking offense over it, when in actuality, it COULD just be (and VERY MOST LIKELY is) that they are just two people who grew up together and went to high school together, and as such she misses her murdered friend -- particularly now that a hologram of him is pasted over the media and being discussed everywhere she turns.

I'm just saying, you ever hear the adage "you know what happens when you assume?"

NOW if this is an excuse for you to rant about women (and I mean women specifically since most of your posts seem directed at knocking them down and praising masculinity - read: misogyny) posting on networking sites about their exes while actively in relationships then I think you should make that clearer.  The Jada Pinkett example is shaky.

If however you're specifically talking about Jada, then my further thoughts are that you spend too much time worrying about other people.

She looks crazy uncomfortable in that pic...

Tupac has the "just relax cuz it's going to happen anyways " face

I saw this last night and thought it was just me. I shrugged off, but it still makes me wonder. She probably just misses the awesome person he was. He had an everlasting affect on everyone he came in contact with. Who truly knows.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

DC you talk a lot about relationships in here when was your last one?

damb ...
ssssssssssss....ouch.

laugh.gif
shhh, he'll report you.  But the *!!%% is dead, yeah i'd be a little pissed, but you gotta allow her to reminisce on that a little without you being unsupportive.  Just like paying homage to your wife's first husband that died.  He was a huge part of her life, and probably would be had he not died.  The same dude that held her down and helped her get on with her life happily, needs to still be there.  Can't lie though, it's gonna open up bad thoughts in your brain like "did she ever really love me?"

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Originally Posted by ricky409

damb ...
ssssssssssss....ouch.

laugh.gif
shhh, he'll report you.  But the *!!%% is dead, yeah i'd be a little pissed, but you gotta allow her to reminisce on that a little without you being unsupportive.  Just like paying homage to your wife's first husband that died.  He was a huge part of her life, and probably would be had he not died.  The same dude that held her down and helped her get on with her life happily, needs to still be there.  Can't lie though, it's gonna open up bad thoughts in your brain like "did she ever really love me?"

Marc, is that you? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

jada-smith-marc-anthony3a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom