Put me on to Go Go music

I heard a few songs and i must say i like what i heard, can you please some of the bigger go go songs.

look up backyardband, northeast groovers, ucb, and ccb you should start with these bands imo.

Quick and easy - cop The Best of DC Go-Go Vol. 2-4. You could probably get it on Amazon. It's pretty much the Go-Go 101 go to released in the Golden Age ofGo-Go, in my opinion. It's got a lot of the classics. Although, you may not get the crucial pockets (pocket / socket beat - the percussion breaks inbetween grooves) or call and response that you get on live PA recordings. Despite having all of the classic band and shows, it doesn't feature the hotbands of today's go-go scene. I've been out of the scene for a minute, but from what I've heard, UCB cranks. Go-Go Rules The Night.

^
i feel you!
i would always be the bamma to say "go go is still like that". but now its hard to hear quailty music at a go go.

For real jo.... u should prolly use Limewire or something to find some of the older Go-Go songs that pretty much put go-go on the map... Believe me as much asyou think go-go is hot right now..It aint nowhere near as good as it used to be even like 3 or 4 years ago... Too many up and coming bammas aka youngstersgettin money to buy go-go equipment and then starting local bands with swaggerjacked material...not a good look at all..

Look at a record store too... get ya hands on that BYB skillet album from 1997 (One of the best gogo joints... 97 Dope Jam revolutionized the whole game)...get that UCB Neigborhood Life joint... Northeast Groovers studio joint... Huck a Bucks joint and maybe that 98 Rare Esseence studio joint... and JYB and chuckbrown for that ol skool sound...

i still listen to go go and now and again attend to some but truth is that a new sound needs to hit theres too many bands that r like high school kids or freshout that have no originality and just play there share of covertunes. mumbo sauce has grown on me because of their originality in their own songs and avoidingthe go go norm of covertunes, which if you dont know are parts or all of popular hip hop/rap/ some rock songs redone in a go go style. im not sayin that somecover tunes aint hot but its just that it takes away from the orginality of the artist who made it thats prolly the main reason go go hasnt blown up nationally

Back
Top Bottom