Pyramid Schemes & MLM - 5Linx, Maleucca, Amway etc

Oh he on it.

FB_IMG_1604852060371.jpg
FB_IMG_1604852065457.jpg
This belongs in here.

I had an awful experience with the multi-level marketing/pyramid scheme, Amway earlier this year, it was bizarre.
I was working out at the gym and the older white guy started chatting me up about financial freedom and mentorship. I agree to meet with him at Starbucks and he talked to me about his entire career, that he was retiring soon and it was all due to his mentor, this mysterious guy that I had to meet. He invites me to his house and I'll admit I didn't knowing what to expect.

I thought it was just going to be him, his mentor and I talking about investments and life stuff. I knew it was a setup when I entered his living room and I saw about a dozen people sitting and an easel with the whiteboard on it. His mentor talked for literally an hour about nothing, just buttering us up and talking about how long he been retired and how he travels all the time with his wife, etc. It wasn't until about 90 minutes in did he ever say the word "Amway" or Worldwide Group". I was like "bruh, I wasted my whole night on some pyramid scheme, BS?:lol::angry::sick:" It was all about selling these crappy household products to your friends and family and also recruiting other people into the organization. The whole presentation lasted over 3 hrs.

The craziest part is that the dude who invited me admitted to spending hours everyday recruiting people at the gym, grocery store, etc. The dude tried to call me for days afterwards and I just stop answering. The really sad part is that these pyramid scheme people take advantage of young, impressionable people by presenting this as a legit business opportunity and presenting themselves as "mentors" who will help you better your life.

Just had coffee with a dude trying to recruit me to amway/WWG. So one hour meeting the 1st time and today another 1 hour meeting and he JUST got around to mentioning amway the last 5 minutes of our meeting. He’s been super vague this entire time talking about “financial freedom, best decision of my life, quit your job, be your own boss, etc”

Talking about all his “mentors” that make millions of dollars a year and what other company can you do that with? The only thing I’ve gathered from these 2 convos is that I need to change my appearance or something if I look like the type of dude that would fall for this ****. Bro, I have 3 college degrees, I don’t need you to draw a stick figure diagram of your little “team structure” to know that it’s an obvious pyramid scheme and your whole situation is bull****.

It was fun listening to all the ways he used a lot of big words to say absolutely nothing, but I’m pissed that anyone would think I’m this stupid. If I get coffee with him again, I’m gonna spend the entire time convincing him to quit what he’s doing to come work directly under me :lol:

Last edited:
Just had coffee with a dude trying to recruit me to amway/WWG. So one hour meeting the 1st time and today another 1 hour meeting and he JUST got around to mentioning amway the last 5 minutes of our meeting. He’s been super vague this entire time talking about “financial freedom, best decision of my life, quit your job, be your own boss, etc”

Talking about all his “mentors” that make millions of dollars a year and what other company can you do that with? The only thing I’ve gathered from these 2 convos is that I need to change my appearance or something if I look like the type of dude that would fall for this ****. Bro, I have 3 college degrees, I don’t need you to draw a stick figure diagram of your little “team structure” to know that it’s an obvious pyramid scheme and your whole situation is bull****.

It was fun listening to all the ways he used a lot of big words to say absolutely nothing, but I’m pissed that anyone would think I’m this stupid. If I get coffee with him again, I’m gonna spend the entire time convincing him to quit what he’s doing to come work directly under me :lol:
Don't feel bad fam. I had a dude hit me at the mall while watching my kid play at one of those indoor playgrounds.

Homie never even got far enough to try to put me onto whatever play he was selling. His program required me to read some book that I had absolutely no time for. When I couldn't keep up with the reading he got an attitude and I told homie to kick rock "I don't even know you". He later asked to have the book back. I told him don't ever call me again.

Back
Top Bottom