Pyramid Schemes & MLM - 5Linx, Maleucca, Amway etc

Have ya'll met people who tries to introduce you to their "mentor"?

Yeah. I already knew it was going to be funny but I went along with it for fun. My friends “mentor” got tired of me pretty quickly when I kept asking what is it exactly that you do and to please be specific. I don’t think he liked being told that using big words while dancing around specific questions and giving long non answers wasn’t go to work for me.

Why this thread got revived?

Any, my lovely aunt in Canada got suckered into this thing called “Fountain of Life”, sigh. She’s like 70 now and every conversation we have is now about how great this drink formula is. She tried it initially for herself and she swears up on it, now all of a sudden she’s a sales person and wants me to join in on video zooms with her and her regional president. Sigh 😔

What was that scam going around back in September-December like a blessing circle? You pay $100 and then get $800 if 2 people join your circle? I was dying laughing at a friend who tried to get me to join their circle. “It’s absolutely not a scam. Just trust me.”
18B527D4-995B-40A0-9DF2-7D3AA176F544.gif

Didn’t even respond. Hadn’t heard a single word about them getting paid since. Sucker just lost $100 on prob the worst pyramid scheme I’ve ever heard of :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What was that scam going around back in September-December like a blessing circle? You pay $100 and then get $800 if 2 people join your circle? I was dying laughing at a friend who tried to get me to join their circle. “It’s absolutely not a scam. Just trust me.”

Didn’t even respond. Hadn’t heard a single word about them getting paid since. Sucker just lost $100 on prob the worst pyramid scheme I’ve ever heard of :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I remember that
It happened at the best time for opportunist
Pandemic just kicked off and stimulus checks started hitting account
Telling people it was a investment
They lost me when they said put in $100!

Like many of yal I was back home for the summer after my first year in college and wanted any summer job. Get a letter from Vector Marketing and remember it saying $15/hour. Called them up and they schedule the interview and I get picked to come back for training.

I just remember during training it was like all day. They talking about how much money they make and everything, but don’t even provide lunch. Don’t even think we got a break to get lunch. I just remember going home and one my boys hit me up on AIM and I start tell him about how I was in training all day. My boy immediately says you must be selling for Cutco without me mentioning it and tells me its a scam. I ended up buying a set and giving it to my parents. Sold a pair of knives to a neighbor and quit right after.

Then soon after graduating college, economy was bad and some friends start trying to bring up the prepaid legal thing. I was like oh no, ain’t gonna fall for this again.

Would forex fall into this category
I mentioned the forex thing a few posts back. Forex itself isn’t a scam but those groups like Tradehouse are MLMs that cheat you out of money. They tell you that if you join their “team” they will help you gain financial freedom. Truth is they want you to pay around $325 just for you to listen to them motivate you for a few minutes. What they don’t tell you is that they make most of their money from getting you to sign up for IM Academy which is their parent company. Once you sign up for their bull you’re left holding the bag until you can get two other people to sign up under you.

It's not a pyramid because it's in a circle :lol:

back in 2012 I had to go to a conference in Virginia. The night before we drank and had a little get together. There was a fat girl & a cute girl at the party. The guy that signed me up had a 3 way with both girls. I sat alone in the dark, watching jr smith nuggets highlights to drown out the moaning. I left amway.

3 people hit me up about these.
First dude was a surprise bc I actually trust his business acumen. I asked what the company was and he kept avoiding the question. Son sent me a chart and that mess felt like some cult stuff. He said he made hella bands off of it but I'm good.

The second person is a dude in my complex that I'm cool with. He sent me this long text about building generational wealth and I saw straight through it. He says his friend tried it and it worked for her. Nope I'm good.

Another chick I casually know sent me a dm about it and described it as a 'non traditional sou-sou'. Nope.

He has a diagram of a pyramid in the video lmao.

I've heard of the sou sou before, but it's usually done between close family. You don't branch off/recruit people. All you're doing is pooling money together each period to give to a person.

I've been meaning to ask my homie how it went for him but I don't want him to think I've come around to getting scammed.

Had a chick I was dating on and off get me with that flowers one. It was only $25 so I wasn’t tripping but I did come out up $125 since people wanted to get to their turn to “cash out” as she called it.

Dude I used to be really cool with tried to get me into doing amway. His “mentor” was going to take me under his wing and introduce me to their “mentor” as well. Wasted two nights going to bs meetings with the promise of food and I think a few days on bs zoom calls. Don’t even know if dude still doing that ish cause me and him don’t talk like that no more

Back
Top Bottom