QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

He's always looked average tho. Hell, he has a 99 passer rating right now.

And he turns it over once a game, nothin wrong with that at all.

But he also may have an OC problem, so may not all be on him. Unless he purposely tells Jimmy to block and not dominate on jump balls.

They started slow last year too, then ramped up. I expect same this year.

If Russell always looked average than what has your boy Tannehill looked like then?

And I want you to answer the question without an excuse...coaching, defense, practice squad guys etc.

Last edited:
Where do you see me saying Ryan has looked good or great?

In the Miami thread I've simply said the teams issues aren't his fault, not that he's been dominating.

And before the year I said he's improved each of his 3 years, and I expect that to continue. He hasn't hit his ceiling yet. See Dalton, Andy.

You're the only one that doesn't grasp that. Cuz Sophomore year.

Darell Bevell is so effing bad
There was an article written I can't seem to find but it pointed out how the Offense is as plain as a HS offense and there is literally 0 things done to help receivers get open
Not to mention in the 4th quarter literally every single drive was Run, Run, PA pass

How dude still is employed by the Seahawks baffles me, if the team has zero problems cutting players who are not performing they seem to struggle holding their assistant coaches to the same standard

Zach Miller
Golden Tate
Percy Harvin
Sidney Rice
Jimmy Graham
All good/great receivers who had average at best seasons because of Bevell

There was an article written I can't seem to find but it pointed out how the Offense is as plain as a HS offense and there is literally 0 things done to help receivers get open
Not to mention in the 4th quarter literally every single drive was Run, Run, PA pass

How dude still is employed by the Seahawks baffles me, if the team has zero problems cutting players who are not performing they seem to struggle holding their assistant coaches to the same standard

Zach Miller
Golden Tate
Percy Harvin
Sidney Rice
Jimmy Graham
yeah has nothing to do with russ..... 

Zach Miller
Golden Tate
Percy Harvin
Sidney Rice
Jimmy Graham

And for once, we agree on something.

I take issue with things Russ does, but, I know his OC does him no favors either.

Last year I tried to point it out, but it was all taken as hate ,but it appears to me, the Seahawks best offense is just let Russ run around, and the receivers run scramble drills. They are awesome when he can do that with them.

I never, ever, ever see a regular 5-7 step drop back, and timed throw in rhythm to a cutting receiver. The long gain to I think Kearse last week, or maybe Lockette, they showed the replay from behind Russ, the routes were nothing, NOTHING at all, and he scrambles, and dude takes off, and Russ hits him wide open. Like a 20-25 yard pickup or something like that. They feast off that kind of play.

But straight drop back and let the ball go on a precision/timing route? Never.

Opposite side, Dalton is throwing pretty much everything to a timed route to AJ, or Marvin, Sanu, etc. And if it's not there, he checks down to Gio, or jump balls to Eifert. But the Cincy OC schemes his guys open, at the right times for each of them, Dalton just has to spot them and fire quickly.

It's like they want Russ to just play playground ball every series, and I truly do not get that.

Someone needs to send Bevell this video

HEY GUY, LOOK AT RUSS IN THE POCKET. SEE THE THROWS HE'S MAKING?

How about you try running a few of those? I know your o-line is terrible but he's got a live arm.

Zach Miller

Golden Tate

Percy Harvin

Sidney Rice

Jimmy Graham

yeah has nothing to do with russ..... 

Did you watch the game?

Zach Miller
Golden Tate
Percy Harvin
Sidney Rice
Jimmy Graham

And for once, we agree on something.

I take issue with things Russ does, but, I know his OC does him no favors either.

Last year I tried to point it out, but it was all taken as hate ,but it appears to me, the Seahawks best offense is just let Russ run around, and the receivers run scramble drills. They are awesome when he can do that with them.

I never, ever, ever see a regular 5-7 step drop back, and timed throw in rhythm to a cutting receiver. The long gain to I think Kearse last week, or maybe Lockette, they showed the replay from behind Russ, the routes were nothing, NOTHING at all, and he scrambles, and dude takes off, and Russ hits him wide open. Like a 20-25 yard pickup or something like that. They feast off that kind of play.

But straight drop back and let the ball go on a precision/timing route? Never.

Opposite side, Dalton is throwing pretty much everything to a timed route to AJ, or Marvin, Sanu, etc. And if it's not there, he checks down to Gio, or jump balls to Eifert. But the Cincy OC schemes his guys open, at the right times for each of them, Dalton just has to spot them and fire quickly.

It's like they want Russ to just play playground ball every series, and I truly do not get that.

Yup, the funny thing is that our best offense is in the hurry up when Russ is out their calling the plays
More proof Bevell is trash: Rawls runs for over 160 yards and he didn't play in OT. Instead they featured a back that has never played a single snap until sunday

It's going to take a disaster of a season to let Bevell go. 
mean.gif

Pete is loyal and nobody wants to hire Bevell as an HC because of how terrible he is.

Could you guys just do me a favor please and trade Jimmy outta there. Send him to GB or Indy please. You guys are ruining his career. :frown:

No I remember saying Tannehill is average, hes probably hit ceiling and what more do you expect from the guy? this dude couldn't beat out an non-NFL prospect his redshirt junior year.

Yall said what does him not being able to beat out a non prospect his redshirt junior year have to do with anything. I mean anything is possible but when the last time a college quarterback whos gone on to be a good NFL quarterback not been able to beat out a non-NFL prospect as late as his redshirt junior year?

If we see a trend, its called making educated guess based on the trend.

Also I distinctly remember you saying how hes good, improving and how hes is the top 10-12 range.

But I don't remember you ever giving Russell Wilson the benefit of the doubt in being able to improve.

So if Russell Wilson has always looked average what does that make your boy Ryan Tannehill then?

Last edited:
If we see a trend, we cant make an educated guess on the future?

So, when a QB improves from year 1 to 2, and year 2 to 3, thennnnnnnnnnnnnn?????

Your "point" about whatever Sophomore year stuff you brought up was quite literally the dumbest point, take, opinion, etc ever. Literally zero bearing on anything.

He's been in the NFL 3 years. Coached by Joe Philbin. 2 OC's. And yet he was improving, despite them.

Those facts >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Soph year in college. Period.

You said a guy that is 26 and still learning/improving 3 years straight, had hit his ceiling. That, is yet another incorrect statement. And I disputed that. And will continue to do so.

10-12 range isn't bad, at all. But, he needs to get going, soon. The bye week, the coaching change, and hopefully the benching of Greg Jennings in favor of our first round draft pick will start to help with that. If not, we'll have to look deeper into what's goin on. It's possible we're going to Alex Smith him, where he gets another new HC, and another new OC in a year, and we'll keep stunting his actual growth, and that would be a shame. But talent wise, he has everything we need. Just have to surround him with better talent, much like Cincy has done with Andy Dalton,and he's now starting to provide some results. We need to follow that same suit.

Misinformation again.....Tannehill didn't start til 6 games into his redshirt junior year and that was because Jerrod Johnson got hurt.

If we can use prospects college GPA as part of the evaluation process of what type of NFL player they will be. Is it not ok to evaluate their past athletic performance as in indicator for future success?

I've seen dudes give him the benefit of doubt saying "Oh he only threw this many passes in college.....hes learning"

Is it not fair to ask why he only threw the many passes in college? Why he has only good enough to start 20 for the possible 51 games? Why he couldn't beat as non NFL prospect.

Has there been another college prospect this has happened to as late as 4 years into their college career and developed into a good NFL quarterback?

He's is now in his 4th season and has not improved but regressed. Hes actually been one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL this season.

Realistically he's closer to Alex Smith then he is to a top 10-12 quarterback, Tannehill is an athletic guy who can throw short timing passes, flashes of scrambling ability, no deep ball and questionable touch.

Last edited:
Did you watch the game?
Yup, the funny thing is that our best offense is in the hurry up when Russ is out their calling the plays
More proof Bevell is trash: Rawls runs for over 160 yards and he didn't play in OT. Instead they featured a back that has never played a single snap until sunday
yeah i did  but your complaining about good wrs and some  that arent even around now that have done better elsewhere .qb has to take some of that blame. 

Last edited:
Definitely, but sometimes it is the challenges that push the great QBs to the next level. Think Ben, once the team fell off his QB standing somehow increased

Strangely, I heard some Seattle radio guys at lunch goin in on Russ. I'd never heard that before around here.

In fairness, they too went after Bevel. But their stance was team gave 22+ a year, time to carry team, not be carried, etc etc.

Like I say about most QB's, too many variables to pin on one guy. Only myopic people do that. Seattle will get it together eventually, they always do.

Seattle doesn't have the feel or intimidation this year though like the last few. Something is just off

I'm big on wear/tear. 2 SB runs is 6-7 extra hard fought games, can take extra toll.

Take that, add loss of DC, add Kam out 2 games, add Lynch banged up, add new role Jimmy, add Cary Williams......... :lol: little outta sorts. That's all.

They were 6-4 last year, then hit the switch. They know how to pace themselves.

:smokin

Just wanna see him pick up more first downs with his legs.. What're they waiting for

how many bad games does kirk cousins get before they go to RG3? or will skins never put RG3 because of his contract?
after cousins next bad game RG3 should demand to be put in.

Back
Top Bottom