QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

Russ deep ball was money previous years. Now it's not.
If yall want any All 22 screen shots, send me plays

Russ deep ball was money previous years. Now it's not.
If yall want any All 22 screen shots, send me plays

The 2nd INT, he threw the deep ball, can you show me that one, I thought I saw the WR on the right hand side (or bottom of the screen) come wide open, but Russ was lookin the other way.

Can you show us a couple looks at that?

That looks dope.

There's no one at the bottom of the screen? :\

Nope, I can count 9 in the pic with Russ, and the 2 goin deep. So it must have been Marshawn that caught my eye. I was wondering if it was or would be Graham.

Yeah hopefully by tonight the All 22 is available. I would like to look at the first INT and Kaep hitting the ball boy

With the way that Tennessee o-line has looked, he better be wearing his knee braces.

Wonder if he'll keep his turnover streak going.

For those of you I was arguing with a couple weeks back about interceptions, all you have to do is look at last night's 49ers Seahawks game to show that you are 100% wrong about interceptions being the worst thing a QB can do.

Russell Wilson was clearly the better quarterback in the game. Not even a question. But guess what? He threw two interceptions and Colin Kaepernick threw zero.

Like I said before, while taking care of the football is important, it is absolutely not the most important/end all when talking about QB play. Last night should have shown you that.

For those of you I was arguing with a couple weeks back about interceptions, all you have to do is look at last night's 49ers Seahawks game to show that you are 100% wrong about interceptions being the worst thing a QB can do.

Russell Wilson was clearly the better quarterback in the game. Not even a question. But guess what? He threw two interceptions and Colin Kaepernick threw zero.

Like I said before, while taking care of the football is important, it is absolutely not the most important/end all when talking about QB play. Last night should have shown you that.
I think Alex Smith's career would be enough evidence of that.

Picks are still bad though

I think Alex Smith's career would be enough evidence of that.

Picks are still bad though
One would think right?  But apparently to some, it is not a good enough example.  And yes, I agree with you picks are bad.  But no one said they weren't.

(note -- all of this is through 7 weeks and only encompasses the 2015 season)

-QBs who I don't need to talk about - Brady, Rodgers. They're good.

-QBs who I thought were going to struggle but have looked impressive - Andy Dalton, Derek Carr, Blake Bortles, Tyrod Taylor

-QBs who I thought were going to ball but have looked bad - Andrew Luck, Nick Foles, Peyton Manning

-QBs who aren't playing as good as the numbers suggest - Matt Ryan, Drew Brees, Alex Smith

Most everyone else is playing up to their standard or about where I thought they were before the season.

-Rookies (Mariota, Jameis) have played about as well as I thought they would. MM8 started hot but still needs to work on ball security. His poise in the pocket is MUCH better than I anticipated. Continue to build that Tennessee team around him (OFFENSIVE LINE) and he'll be fine. Jameis is Jameis. Will be reckless and confident with his throws, but will also make you :wow: a few times a game. Feel very positive about them going forward.

-Second year guys... wow. All three have played great football. Derek Carr has looked the strongest overall, Teddy's poise in the pocket is unmatched, and Bortles is having fun with his weapons. All three of their teams are trending upwards and Oakland has a young core that should flourish as Peyton, Bolo, and Smith get older. Give Bortles an offensive-minded coach w/ those weapons and *maybe* the AFC South will have two teams with more than 6 wins?

-Luck needs to cut the turnovers. I don't know what the hell is wrong with the guy. People will play the 'he's always been turnover prone' card but never like this. He's played 5 games and has half as many TOs as last season. Injury? Has he mentally checked out? Did those commercials do something? Was it the premature anointment? All I know is... he was about to sign the biggest QB contract in NFL history. Right now he's costing himself some $$$.

-Peyton is still the best option in Denver but this is it.

-Alex Smith is still the most infuriating QB to watch in the NFL.

-Andy Dalton looks different (in a good way). Interesting to watch him the rest of the way esp. those primetime games.

-There is a ton of bad QB play in the NFL this year. Seems like so many teams have solid run games and defenses but are being held back by a craptastic QB. They can't even manage games correctly.

Good post.

- I think Jameis is going to suffer as long as Lovie is there. Koetter is doing a great job w/the offense.
- I feel like a broken record this weekend but Luck needs either some better coaching or someone to get in his face when he does what he did yesterday. He still looks a little hurt but there's no reason for him to be staring down Hilton and giving him 15 targets when he's covered by an emerging shutdown CB in Breaux.

- I feel like a broken record this weekend but Luck needs either some better coaching or someone to get in his face when he does what he did yesterday. He still looks a little hurt but there's no reason for him to be staring down Hilton and giving him 15 targets when he's covered by an emerging shutdown CB in Breaux.

This is very true. Look at Stafford -- got benched after playing like *** and then put up two solid performances in a row. He needs someone who will actually get on him for the mistakes. Pagano did (to the media) and then backtracked immediately.

Do they have a TE coach that can replace Pagano tho? :lol:

Irsay, Grigson, Pagano. I have no idea who is gonna survive, but they gonna have a major reshuffle after the year, and tons of holes still to fill.

Their next 3 games :lol:

Does Bortles know he has Julius Thomas back?

Stafford is gonna die behind that line. :smh:

That pick 6 was not on Cassell.

Brandon Marshall dropped a ball that hit both his hands in the end zone. (Not surprised face) That costs Fitzpatrick a shot at beating Tom at home.

Rivers all over GB, struggles vs Oak? Heh?

I'd be curious to see what the snap count was yesterday for Lewis/Thomas. I know the week before they played a bit of 2 TE's and Thomas has been blocking a good amount as well.

if he's hurt, he needs to sit. they're not going to win it all so why risk further damage. that's IF he's actually got a serious arm/shoulder issue.

and agreed with Chester...the turnovers we're seeing this year from him are different. not like previous years. he's just staring guys down and forcing throws. he's not THIS bad. i fully think he can bounce back. just needs a bit of a "reset".

That pick early, trips right, all 3 WR's run the same route/direction and Saints drop their Dlineman directly into the inside guy, allows the LB to slide towards Hilton and Luck didn't look him off because it's a quick throw. No RB or TE blocking, so ball has to be out fast.

I have no idea where fault/blame/credit goes with all that. Perfect D called, maybe even predictable. Poor route/play design. Luck forcing to Hilton. All 3?

The 2nd was clearly him tryin to get the late TD instead of easy FG. 20-3 woulda been better than 20-0. He forced a throw he didn't have.

He needs Harbaugh to replace Pagano who will max protect and coach the defense. Then Luck can and will do what he does.

Back
Top Bottom