QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

Pat Mahomes is fun. Really interesting having a really good team + coach day 1 surrounding you.

Drew Brees.....his career is truly amazing.

Philip Rivers is maybe the most underappreciated QB, ever. I can't think of anyone else.....Stafford, maybe, but I'd give the nod to Phil.

Carr......I don't see what all the fuss was about.

Russ is better in 2018 than he was in 2013, but results sure look awfully different.

Way too early Baker, Rosen, Darnold, Allen, but Baker "LOOKED" different. Could be one half, mirage, adrenaline etc. But he "looked" the part. Kinda wish they kept Gordon for him.

Wallace, Brown, Bryant, JuJu....James Washington? Is it Ben, or scouts?

Kap better be a 9er by Tuesday.

Rodgers knee gonna Rob all of us. :frown:

Baker "LOOKED" different. Could be one half, mirage, adrenaline etc. But he "looked" the part. Kinda wish they kept Gordon for him.

it was the command, confidence, and zero hesitation. he was just letting it rip and doing so pretty accurately. i agree, it felt real different. but let's see how it goes the next few weeks, assuming Hue's dumbass starts him

Goff looked absurd tonight. He was touching palms from 50+ yards. :lol:

But..........

I'm sorry to say this, and I don't even have all my thoughts straight yet.....

The game. NFL Football. Has changed.

Young Goff, perfect rating, 5 TD's, 465 yards.
Fitzpatrick, 400+ 3 straight, first time in history.
Young (basically rookie) Mahomes, 13 TD, 0 INT in 3 games.

Hell, Cousins threw 400+, and lost.

Ryan+Brees shootout.
Fitzpatrick+Brees shootout.

I dunno ....QB numbers are ridiculous now. These are Texas Tech V Houston levels of passing/scoring in the NFL now.

Goff had 3 100 yard receivers, his RB had 73 yards receiving, AND 80+ yards rushing. :lol:

All that said, Goff was throwing SEEDS deep out there. He was dealin.

IMG_6592.JPG

we're still really early on these guys. we've seen the fall off happen with the prior round of young guns.

that said, at this stage, Goff and Mahomes are surrounded by some pretty damn good talent. i'm not saying it's the only reason we're seeing them succeed, but between that and today's NFL...it has to be weighed.

Today's NFL makes it hard for rookie/young QB's to fail outright. :lol: You just rarely see it anymore and it used to be the norm.

we're still really early on these guys. we've seen the fall off happen with the prior round of young guns.

that said, at this stage, Goff and Mahomes are surrounded by some pretty damn good talent. i'm not saying it's the only reason we're seeing them succeed, but between that and today's NFL...it has to be weighed.

I think the money shift has been the big thing that I know I didn't account for before.

Rams/Chiefs gave up picks for QB's, but have nailed everything else they've done AND spent money to add because their QB's are on rookie deals. Once Goff/Mahomes come up for their money, I bet both teams lose out on a bunch of players, and then see how the QB's carry the teams from there. (which is the truer mark of how "good" they are, kind of my point over the years with Russ)

Somehow...... (I don't know how) Dallas is not feeding off this. I don't get it. :lol:

I think the money shift has been the big thing that I know I didn't account for before.

Rams/Chiefs gave up picks for QB's, but have nailed everything else they've done AND spent money to add because their QB's are on rookie deals. Once Goff/Mahomes come up for their money, I bet both teams lose out on a bunch of players, and then see how the QB's carry the teams from there. (which is the truer mark of how "good" they are, kind of my point over the years with Russ)

Somehow...... (I don't know how) Dallas is not feeding off this. I don't get it. :lol:

The narrative of quarterback deals causing teams not be active in free agency is a false one.

The difference in cap between Jared Goff and Kirk Cousins is 16.5 million dollars of cap space.

16.5 million of cap space doesn't get you a bunch of players in 2018. It gets you Donte Moncrief and DJ Hayden.

It gets you 2 mediocre starters if they are in their physical prime or one good one.

That narrative is one that lets ****** GMs with decent quarterbacks off the hook.

The narrative of quarterback deals causing teams not be active in free agency is a false one.

The difference in cap between Jared Goff and Kirk Cousins is 16.5 million dollars of cap space.

16.5 million of cap space doesn't get you a bunch of players in 2018. It gets you Donte Moncrief and DJ Hayden.

It gets you 2 mediocre starters if they are in their physical prime or one good one.

That narrative is one that lets ****ty GMs with decent quarterbacks off the hook.

The Rams paid EVERYONE this offseason.

The Hawks had a ton of paid talent in 2013-14. Now?

The Chiefs?

Iono, I'm not sure Hayden/Moncrief is an accurate portrayl. Maybe I'm off base, I'd have to really dig into it.

Because dallas screwed themselves on previous deals, pretty sure they're still paying Romo and dez this season

Also Jerry does stupid thing with the draft outside of drafting Oline.. and he takes alot of risks that haven't paid off

The Rams paid EVERYONE this offseason.

The Hawks had a ton of paid talent in 2013-14. Now?

The Chiefs?

Iono, I'm not sure Hayden/Moncrief is an accurate portrayl. Maybe I'm off base, I'd have to really dig into it.

The Hawks stopped having talent because they stopped drafting all pros in the 3rd, 4th and 5th round.

They haven't hit on a draft since 2013. They drafted a hall of Famer per year for 3 years straight then nothing.

Who has left Seattle that was good during that run outside of Golden Tate?

I'm not sure why you brought up the Chiefs?

Blake Bortles makes 18Ms a year and outside of him the Jags have the best roster in football because they hit damn near all their picks for 3 years straight.

Dig into the numbers, I'd recommend overthecap.com

I've spent more time with this than anyone whose not getting a check for it should.

The Hawks stopped having talent because they stopped drafting all pros in the 3rd, 4th and 5th round.

They haven't hit on a draft since 2013. They drafted a hall of Famer per year for 3 years straight then nothing.

Who has left Seattle that was good during that run outside of Golden Tate?

I'm not sure why you brought up the Chiefs?

Blake Bortles makes 18Ms a year and outside of him the Jags have the best roster in football because they hit damn near all their picks for 3 years straight.

Dig into the numbers, I'd recommend overthecap.com

I've spent more time with this than anyone whose not getting a check for it should.

I think you're missing my overall point.

The Rams paid everyone......but Goff.
The Chiefs have loaded up weapons.....and a cheap QB.
The Eagles won with adding players thru trade/FA and a cheap QB contract.
Seattle won in 2013 with a rookie deal QB.

The team that didn't follow that? NE......where Tom Brady forever takes less than market and deepens his roster.

Bottles makes 18, but we have QB's making 25-33 mil now. Meaning Jax has wiggle room to add parts around him.

Seattle has lost their entire defense except Wagner man. What are you talkin about? :lol: (Earl still there.......for how long? He's tryna get traded daily, why? They won't/can't pay him)

Flacco got paid, the Ravens lost a ton of that roster within 2 years.

Now the Jets/Browns are trying to attract (overpay) free agents....why? Cuz they have cheap QB deals for the next 4 years.

This is the trend that appears to be a thing. Will it last? That I don't know. But it's what's been goin on the last 5-6 years or so.

I think you're missing my overall point.

The Rams paid everyone......but Goff.
The Chiefs have loaded up weapons.....and a cheap QB.
Seattle won in 2013 with a rookie deal QB.

The team that didn't follow that? NE......where Tom Brady forever takes less than market and deepens his roster.

Bottles makes 18, but we have QB's making 25-33 mil now. Meaning Jax has wiggle room to add parts around him.

Seattle has lost their entire defense except Wagner man. What are you talkin about? :lol: (Earl still there.......for how long? He's tryna get traded daily, why? They won't/can't pay him)

Flacco got paid, the Ravens lost a ton of that roster within 2 years.

Now the Jets/Browns are trying to attract (overpay) free agents....why? Cuz they have cheap QB deals for the next 4 years.

This is the trend that appears to be a thing. Will it last? That I don't know. But it's what's been goin on the last 5-6 years or so.

Who did Baltimore lose due to money as opposed to injury or age?

Seattle lost people due to injury or age. What good Seattle defender that wasn't over 30 or injured?

Last edited:

You're not valuing the draft and UDFAs enough, biggest thing with the eagles was hitting on draft picks again.. and coaching

And then we made small or value FA signings.. like Schwartz brought Nigel bradham with him in 2016 for cheap

Also we made trades for guys on rookie deals (ajayi and darby)

Blount we got for cheap late in the game, alshon came in on a 1 year prove it deal and then chris long called the eagles after lack of interest on the market

Add the Bears as well. Adding A-Rob and Mack knowing they have 3 more years of a rookie QB deal.

Raiders paid Carr, couldn't pay Mack.

Goff looked absurd tonight. He was touching palms from 50+ yards. :lol:

But..........

I'm sorry to say this, and I don't even have all my thoughts straight yet.....

The game. NFL Football. Has changed.

Young Goff, perfect rating, 5 TD's, 465 yards.
Fitzpatrick, 400+ 3 straight, first time in history.
Young (basically rookie) Mahomes, 13 TD, 0 INT in 3 games.

Hell, Cousins threw 400+, and lost.

Ryan+Brees shootout.
Fitzpatrick+Brees shootout.

I dunno ....QB numbers are ridiculous now. These are Texas Tech V Houston levels of passing/scoring in the NFL now.

Goff had 3 100 yard receivers, his RB had 73 yards receiving, AND 80+ yards rushing. :lol:

All that said, Goff was throwing SEEDS deep out there. He was dealin.

Add Trubisky 6 TD's today.....

Add the Bears as well. Adding A-Rob and Mack knowing they have 3 more years of a rookie QB deal.

Raiders could have paid Mack that is objectively not true.

The Raiders have 52 million dollars of cap space next year with Carr on the books and not one player on their team that's important hitting free agency

They could have paid Mack easily.

Back
Top Bottom