QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

Screenshot_20210207-232513.png

getting a lead and out ahead of your opponent helps your defense pin its ears back and go after the QB...did it against AR and tonight against Pat. bucs got to stick with the run and keep setting it up. chiefs had to abandon it pretty quick.

getting a lead and out ahead of your opponent helps your defense pin its ears back and go after the QB...did it against AR and tonight against Pat. bucs got to stick with the run and keep setting it up. chiefs had to abandon it pretty quick.

Chiefs trailed big in every playoff game last year.

Trailed early vs Buffalo two weeks ago too.

Chiefs trailed big in every playoff game last year.

Trailed early vs Buffalo two weeks ago too.

im just offering a thought on why they only attempted 6 play action throws. going down to those other teams isn't the same going down 2-3 scores against the bucs offense i feel like

im just offering a thought on why they only attempted 6 play action throws. going down to those other teams isn't the same going down 2-3 scores against the bucs offense i feel like

KC Oline was beat from minute one. Mahomes was having to scramble on the very first drive.

CEH was actually quite effective, but they wanted Mahomes to make something happen.

Reid tryin to get the ball back before half killed them. 14-6 at half would have been fine. Then the refs took over with four consecutive flags, 21-6. :smh:

KC Oline was beat from minute one. Mahomes was having to scramble on the very first drive.

CEH was actually quite effective, but they wanted Mahomes to make something happen.

yeah they (Reid/Eric B) needed to slow that D-line down more with some runs and quick hitters. needed to mix that in more with the dropping back and holding it for kelce/hill/hardman to get open. i dunno if CEH was covered coming outta the backfield a lot but i'm sure we'll get the analysis on that tomorrow

^ that was insane....thought dude def caught it and then saw it hit the ground like :wow:

does say a lot when your best pass was incomplete though :lol:

^ that was insane....thought dude def caught it and then saw it hit the ground like :wow:

does say a lot when your best pass was incomplete though :lol:
His two best passes were incomplete, other one was the incomplete to the corner of the endzone where I thought he was sacked. I thought both were picks or throw aways

He looked like Russ out there tonight (not in a good way) luckily for him his Oline gets better by just being healthy again

His two best passes were incomplete, other one was the incomplete to the corner of the endzone where I thought he was sacked. I thought both were picks or throw aways

He looked like Russ out there tonight (not in a good way) luckily for him his Oline gets better by just being healthy again

actually i meant to ask about that other one. if the ball hits the pylon (but not the ground) and the receiver catches it....catch? or is the pylon considered the ground? i actually thought that throw was even better with the spin and chuck :lol:

Meaningless jokes aside. What a wild career for Tom. Simply unprecedented. for multiple reasons. And to me personally it supports the idea of how dumb the goat argument will always be. But 7 rings is just stupid and worth appreciating no matter how you look at it.

Mike Greenberg had a segment today where Vegas has SF as 14-1 odds for the Super Bowl next year.

He then mentioned that they have been connected to anyone/everyone from Watson, Wentz, Matt Ryan, Cousins, Dak (IF he came available) or Derek Carr, but Vegas must think they are getting someone new at QB.

Which makes me wonder, how many QB's are movin this offseason, after Stafford?

Gonna be a fun offseason. :pimp:

I think at minimum Bears and Colts get in the mix for someone

Not sure how aggressive 49ers will be. Saints gonna give Jameis a shot? They seem quiet in all of this

Texans holding the line but that could just be for public assurance

Now Russ has that itch (kinda)

Last edited:
👀

Has the league ever had back to back draft classes that felt this "stacked"?

Burrow
Tua
Herbet
Trey
Trev
Fields
Wilson
Mac
Hurts?

Then you have a few more guys on the low risk, high reward list. Mond, Trask, Eason.

Idk where Love fits given where the team currently fits

Someone's gonna bust
dame2 (3).png

Just hard for me to see who

I believe Dak will reach 6K yards this year.

A total of 8 will hit 5K.

I'll go with Dak, Rodgers, Brady, Ryan, Herbert, Stafford, Allen and either Kyler or Russ.

Factors of ease of throwing, weapons, lack of RB, and playing from behind, and of course.....17th game.

I liked a lot of what I saw from Jalen Hurts today. Not sure if it was him or Atl Def, but I'm intrigued. Looked a lot better.

And Stafford definitely looked happy in LA.

Mac Jones as advertised. nothing flashy or freakishly jaw dropping. but steady, smart with the ball (mostly), and accurate. was impressed with his pocket mobility too...there were a good 2-3 plays where he moved up or sidestepped the rush while keeping his eyes down field and then made the throw. you can see the lack of arm strength to the sidelines on some throws but his anticipation seems to make up for it a bit

too much about to be made with him not keeping the first TD ball (at least on field)

Back
Top Bottom