QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

Yes, but they had others contribute when you managed to double one/slow the other.

Hardman was supposed to be that guy. But he seems Ted Ginnish. (Big play here or there but not consistent) Bell left/wasn't good. CEH has been average. Watkins left.

Rhere

Losing Hunt is the one that changed the trajectory overall. He would be illegal in this O with the CEH draft pick going to Def instead. But, things happen and Hunt has been really good in Clev.

I don't know what Rhere means.... :lol:

Idk what Burrow saw on that 2nd pick. Didn't see the 1st one but looking confident otherwise

Teddy facing some better defenses now. Concussed last game and kinda struggled today

Herbo and that offense on some other **** right now

Allen and that offense on some other **** right now.

Hurts got the win and made some plays. He had some really erratic throws all game though

First time I noticed Trey's ducks today as 651akathepaul 651akathepaul mentioned. Hope ge tightens that up. 9ers got him basically in some Tebow Gator packages.

AR won the same game like 3 different times today

Since Mahomes took over the most yards a non Kelce/Hill option has had in a season is 673.

My math could be off but there's been maybe 5 games total in 3.25 years where a non Kelce/Hill option has went over 100 receiving yards

My point in all this is the narrative that Mahomes has had all these weapons outside of Hill/Kelce just isn't backed by reality.

It's those 2 dudes and mid.

Since Mahomes took over the most yards a non Kelce/Hill option has had in a season is 673.

My math could be off but there's been maybe 5 games total in 3.25 years where a non Kelce/Hill option has went over 100 receiving yards

My point in all this is the narrative that Mahomes has had all these weapons outside of Hill/Kelce just isn't backed by reality.

It's those 2 dudes and mid.

I didn't say just receiving yards. I said weaponry. Hunt/Bell/CEH/Damien Williams production + Kelce/Hill THEN secondary receivers.

I didn't say just receiving yards. I said weaponry. Hunt/Bell/CEH/Damien Williams production + Kelce/Hill THEN secondary receivers.

Kareem Hunt played 11 games with Mahomes.

CEH; Damien Williams and Bell were/have been mid in Kansas City.

Damien Williams had the Super Bowl and that's it, Bell was just mid.

Outside of fumbles CEH was finally turning the corner this year.

Go look at other top offenses and Kansas City's production from option 3-5 and their running backs is worse than all of them.

Outside of those 11 games in 2018, it's been Kelce and Hill and that's it.

First time I noticed Trey's ducks today as 651akathepaul 651akathepaul 651akathepaul 651akathepaul mentioned. Hope ge tightens that up. 9ers got him basically in some Tebow Gator packages.

i didn't watch the niner game in entirety so i'll say that up front, but i haven't seen him complete a pass to a guy who isn't wiiiiide open yet. tight windows, in stride with defender on the hip...nothing like that. and yeah, 651 spot on with the throws...wobbly and ducky :lol:

time for Pat (and Andy) to evolve a bit. need to find new ways to win offensively.

and a big part of that for Pat specifically is learning when to just eat the ball or throw it away. yeah we know you can run left and throw it right behind the back. cool. you don't always have to try and make a heroic throw. and don't twist this as me saying Pat is fully to blame for the Chiefs record or that he's washed. he's young as hell and will learn. but limiting the turnovers is a huge part of winning football, obviously

time for Pat (and Andy) to evolve a bit. need to find new ways to win offensively.

and a big part of that for Pat specifically is learning when to just eat the ball or throw it away. yeah we know you can run left and throw it right behind the back. cool. you don't always have to try and make a heroic throw. and don't twist this as me saying Pat is fully to blame for the Chiefs record or that he's washed. he's young as hell and will learn. but limiting the turnovers is a huge part of winning football, obviously

Sometimes the way to go is dink and dunk. Russ is similar in the feast of famine approach to moving the ball down the field

and a big part of that for Pat specifically is learning when to just eat the ball or throw it away. yeah we know you can run left and throw it right behind the back. cool. you don't always have to try and make a heroic throw.

*ahem*

Seein a lot of folks startin to try and look into what has happened to the Chiefs O. Mina mentioned this type stuff and I'm like ?????? :lol:

Expected Points Added, commonly referred to as EPA, is a measure of how well a team performs relative to expectation. For example, if a team starts a drive on the 50-yard line, its expected points to start the drive would be about 2.5. If the team ends the drive with a field goal, thus gaining 3 points, its EPA for that drive would be found by subtracting its expected points from how many points it actually gained, 3 – 2.5 or 0.5 EPA.

This same logic can be applied to individual plays. Say the Chiefs start with the ball first-and-10 from their own 25-yard line, where its expected points would be about 1.06. If Patrick Mahomes throws a 15-yard completion, making it first-and-10 on the KC 40-yard line, where the expected points is now 1.88, the EPA of that play would be 1.88 – 1.06 or 0.82. In other words, that completion increased the Chiefs’ expected points on that drive by just over three-fourths of a point. If instead of the completion, Mahomes was sacked for a 10-yard loss, making it second-and-20 from their own 15, the new expected points would be about -0.54 and the EPA for that play would be -0.54 – 1.06 or -1.6. This means the sack decreased the amount of points the Chiefs were expected to score on that drive by 1.6 points.

As usual, I think it's a combo of all ingredients. Bad drafts since Pat, aging of some key vets, Oline is down, Defense is down, and now his contract kicks in to boot. I don't think they are dead yet, but I don't think their window is a dozen Super Bowls anymore either. Course, Brady might have a dozen by the time he's done, so who knows? :lol:

1640115742069.png

1640115742105.png

The irony in a 49er fan posting that to diminish someone else when you guys won literally every one of your superbowls with top 10 defenses filled with HOFers :lol:

Never heard anyone say Joe or Steve Young had it easy though

The irony in a 49er fan posting that to diminish someone else when you guys won literally every one of your superbowls with top 10 ranked defenses :lol:

Never heard anyone say Joe or Steve Young had it easy once though

First of all, I was just messing around.

Second of all, winning a Superbowl and playoff wins are the same thing now?

First of all, I was just messing around.

Second of all, winning a Superbowl and playoff wins are the same thing now?
No but usually the squads with the best defenses are the ones who get playoff wins and make deep runs so that's nothing unusual.

Still got to find a way to beat other good teams and defenses in the process though and no one's done it as much as TB and in every fashion you can think of.

At the same time, he'll also always be the first one to give credit to his defense and teammates though

12/14 guys went in the first two rounds...that's telling
Was looking back at the previous final fours and it's pretty much dominated by 1st rounders and some 2nd rounders sprinkled in

Brady is the anomaly. Then you had Russ/Foles/Keenum making it who were post 2nd round

unless I really have a high "grade" on a guy. Might as well not bother and get depth elsewhere at that point :lol:

Was looking back at the previous final fours and it's pretty much dominated by 1st rounders and some 2nd rounders sprinkled in

Brady is the anomaly. Then you had Russ/Foles/Keenum making it who were post 2nd round

unless I really have a high "grade" on a guy. Might as well not bother and get depth elsewhere at that point :lol:

yeah makes sense

It's not telling. The position itself is always overdrafted in Round 1 vs 2-7. Just like no one wants to draft RB in Round 1 anymore.

More round 1 QB's that didn't make the playoffs, no? Telling?

No, narratives. See what you wanna see.

Back
Top Bottom