Quentin Tarantinos Movie Thread - “THE MOVIE CRITIC” cancelled

Movie was just ok. Film doesn't add to or tarnish his legacy. Its not memorable cept for the story Sam Jack tol ol boy. :smh: :smh: :smh:

Last edited:
Movie was just ok. Film doesn't add to or tarnish his legacy. Its not memorable cept for the story Sam Jack tol ol boy. :smh: :smh: :smh:

I thought it was one of his absolute best. Story was on point. I was on the edge of my seat the entire film and really thought anything could happen at any moment. It was literally Reservoir Dogs set in the wild west, with way better actors and FAR SUPERIOR cinematography. And Sam Jacks story literally had me in tears. the joy on his face. :rofl:

I may be in the minority but I think the movie is better during the 2nd watch. You start to look for clues and notice the brilliance of the detective work.

For my money, this was the best movie of the year :pimp:

Samuel L. Jackson was clearly the star of this with Goggins being an amazing supporting actor in this. Once the Hangman picked both of them up I was glued in and couldn't help from laughing :lol:

For his 10th movie yall think QT manages a way to get every single actor that's been in his movies more than once to be in his finale? :nerd: Might be forced but it might end up really cool. He knows how to manage a cast and he won't hesitate to minimize roles.
Still a first day watch for me (unless I see Revenant first) but this one doesn't have me as excited as previous QT releases.
If you watch those back to back (in w/e order) you'll be pretty ****** up getting through damn near 6 hrs of movie and both are so good in different ways but the setting being the damn near same makes it pretty eerie. You'll be feeling real cold.
I'm a huge Tarantino fan and after watching this, I feel like it'll land towards the bottom of the list for me.

Is it just me or did Tim Roth try to play a role that was clearly written for Christoph Waltz?
I mentioned this and thought of it too. Waltz was rumored to be cast for this but passed. If he would've did his Django role the story would be different cuz he'd have to be a survivor.

I hear QT doesnt disappoint with his N word fetish in this smh lol
It's so funny :lol: This started and for like the first 30 min the n-word is not said. Not even by Domergue I think but once they get to Minnie's Haberdashery the n-word is getting used heavily by every racist character. Mannix didn't start using it until the Lincoln letter was brought up I think.

It's said a lot QT has a n-word fetish but it makes all the sense in this movie. They're in Omaha, with a bunch of racist white ppl. It'd be weird if you didn't hear it almost every other sentence.

It totally makes sense that it gets to the point where even the Mexican calls him the n-word.

Last edited:
Maybe it's my memory but I feel like she started off calling him other racial epithets.

May have been how she said it though. "Like I know you aint gonna let this ****** ride in the coach with us." or something. I remember her first bow though :lol: Hard not to. Maybe my reaction to that is what made me ignore why she got hit. That caught me so off guard but set the tone for how the movie would be quickly :lol:

I feel like the n-words really started flying when the Hangman told everybody that Warren had a letter from Lincoln while he was still tending to the horses :lol: :rofl: Mannix :lol: Even for me that **** was hilarious. "A ****** got a letter from Abraham Lincoln?!!!" Then when Major Warren came in and addressed the General who for obvious reasons is a racist.

Other than those 3, and the Mexican one time, I can't recall "Joe Gage", "Mobrae", OPee, Hangman saying it much. I think Tatum's character managed to say it once before dying or before he shot.

Too much filler,could've been better if 30-45 mins shorter

I found 0 filler at all in this film. 45 mins worth? :lol: aight man
I'm sayin' :lol: :smh:

Putting Wolf of Wall Street aside since that was like last year, I can't recall the last time a 3 hr movie flew by like this and still had me wanting more or ready to watch again.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
This is like 1880s. There was probably minimal backlash on anyone using the N-words. I'm sure people let it fly without any concern. Heck, even in the Revenant, one characters calls the Native Americans, tree Ns out of absolutely nowhere.

We are just much more sensitive than 100 years ago.

Also keep in mind, everyone in this movie that uses the N-word is portrayed as ignorant or evil or both.

I believe the Hangman or Obie used it very minimally, if at all.

I watched the screener, did the theater version have the intermission (non-70mm ones)?

Last edited:
Actually nah, it's been a thing the past few years for ppl to lowkey accuse QT of being a racist for his excessive use of the n-word in his movies (similar to ppl who go after him for the amount of violence he depicts in his movies. Saying it's a runaround way of using it without being vilified. This has been going on for a while now.

So saying it's set post Civil War wouldn't change the argument much for those ppl. They'd say QT purposely set it in that time period so he could write it so many times.

And while I don't agree with it really, for the record, QT happens to use the n-word in his scripts more than black directors. I'd say he probably uses it more than white directors who might actually be racist :lol:

Actually nah, it's been a thing the past few years for ppl to lowkey accuse QT of being a racist for his excessive use of the n-word in his movies (similar to ppl who go after him for the amount of violence he depicts in his movies. Saying it's a runaround way of using it without being vilified. This has been going on for a while now.

So saying it's set post Civil War wouldn't change the argument much for those ppl. They'd say QT purposely set it in that time period so he could write it so many times.

And while I don't agree with it really, for the record, QT happens to use the n-word in his scripts more than black directors. I'd say he probably uses it more than white directors who might actually be racist :lol:

I dont think QT is racist per say, but more so he has a N Word / Black Fetish to me at least.

Yeah, I'm just going off what I've seen online about this.

But he just strikes me as one of the white boys that wanted to be down. Other than being a nerd, he grew up loving black ppl in the 70s and 80s and has a thing for hip hop. Reminds me of a white friend I have. Doesn't even want to be able to say the n-word but just wants that acceptance from black ppl.

He obviously stands up for what's right when it matters. I can't knock him much for it.

I'm just suprised he hasn't managed to have an all black cast for one of his movies yet :lol: With them all killing white ppl in it :lol:

Last edited:
It's so funny :lol: This started and for like the first 30 min the n-word is not said. Not even by Domergue I think but once they get to Minnie's Haberdashery the n-word is getting used heavily by every racist character. Mannix didn't start using it until the Lincoln letter was brought up I think.

It's said a lot QT has a n-word fetish but it makes all the sense in this movie. They're in Omaha, with a bunch of racist white ppl. It'd be weird if you didn't hear it almost every other sentence.

It totally makes sense that it gets to the point where even the Mexican calls him the n-word.

Lies, Domergue calls Samuel L the n-word within the first 8 minutes of the movie when Major Warren (Samuel L) first gets allowed by John Ruth to enter his carriage.

Last edited:
^ Daisy starts calling Sam a ****** right off the bat, that's how she catches her first elbow :lol:

Don't think she caught her first elbow for calling him a ******.

Think she made a wise-crack on John.

I think John just corrected her when she called the Major a ******.

Last edited:

Lies, Domergue calls Samuel L the n-word within the first 8 minutes of the movie when Major Warren (Samuel L) first gets allowed by John Ruth to enter his carriage.
We literally just went over this :lol:

Movie was funny as **** to me. Mannix had me dyin with his sarcasm especially in the carriage.
Major Warren too.
Saw it online and I will definitely go to the movies and check it out to support QT.

Movie was dope a lot of things I noticed about how Samuel l Jackson was acting when they first arrived are making sense after the intermission the clues came in at that point I notice that this movie doesn't have a wide showing even on release day but I enjoyed it I'm pretty sure the wagon ride will be cut out of the other version because everything else is important especially the little surprise

Too much filler,could've been better if 30-45 mins shorter

I almost fell asleep last night watching it. I def thought it'd be better if it was a little shorter. The last few chapters were definitely great. Daisy kept me entertained throughout the movie.

Ruth introduced Samuel as major and the lady called him the n-word anyway. The whole theater laughed, I cringed. It was gonna be one of those movies. Almost forgot who directed it until the n word started flying around every third word.

Has anyone caught the allegory to this? I'm thinking it's about the settling of America and all the various countries involved. You had mexicans, british, french, NZ, confederates, blacks and I think gage was supposed to be native american?

Just watched, I loved this movie.
Tarantino sure loves that n-word though, I felt it was a bit excessive at times.
Samuel L Jackson delivered a great performance. He's always been one of my favorite actors and this is one of my favorite performances by him.

Back
Top Bottom