Question about California's marijuana culture

It sounds like overall they're more lax than I imagined. What about companies in California? If you test positive after a random drug test for your job but have a prescription what happens? I mean if you're not high at the time.
Nothing has changed. Marijuana is still a schedule 1 drug and therefore it cannot be prescribed. Doctors issue recommendations, not prescriptions. Testing positive will result in being fired. There is still zero tolerance as far as employers are concerned. The synthetic form of THC (Marinol) can be prescribed but I'm not exactly sure how that works if someone tests positive and has a Marinol prescription.

Nothing has changed. Marijuana is still a schedule 1 drug and therefore it cannot be prescribed. Doctors issue recommendations, not prescriptions. Testing positive will result in being fired. There is still zero tolerance as far as employers are concerned. The synthetic form of THC (Marinol) can be prescribed but I'm not exactly sure how that works if someone tests positive and has a Marinol prescription.

Gotcha.

smoked up and down the city(San Francisco) and never had a single cop trip. aslong as youre not doing any stupid **** youre good.

Last edited:
They usually don't care. Were at a point now where cops don't bother with weed but they will use it as a reason to search your car.

Just have to be careful with the new dab pipes that look like crack pipes.

Oh and to elaborate on the job thing , this went all the way to the CA supreme court. I can't remember the case exactly but a paraplegic argued that since he needed the weed prescription/ card for pain it was illegal for his employer to fire him over the drug test.

Supreme court ruled an employer can require anything of their employees as long as they tell them up front and are not discriminating (same as not wearing your uniform, or shaving facial hair etc. )

Here goes a good almost-not-biased article from LA times:

http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-marijuana25jan25-story.html

Last edited:
These days, dispensaries are just making names up, based off of what's hip at the moment or weed references. I fully expect to see a strain called "California Chrome" the next time I hit a dispensary. If you have a reliable knowledge guy, you're better off dealing with them.

California chrome is meth dog. :lol:

I got some "Versace" all I could do was smh. Look it up though, it was fire but the names are od. Pretty sure that was the last Cali tree I've had.

i heard about that versace :smokin

but yea the names are ridiculous

i dont even bother with them TBH..

as long as its loud, and from my dude, im good.

Cop's DO NOT care about weed anymore in CA. Card or no card.
A hom
So True.

Me and a friend were in my car across the street from my house when this cop rolls up on us (he was parked 20 feet behind us I didn't see him it was dark). looked like he was the meanest cop ever . He walked up and saw the blunt in my hand and in the cup holder next to me asked me wtf was in my hand opened my door and told me to drop it on the street. took me out of my car searched me and sat me down again. He took my id went to his car 2 mins later came back and said " look we don't care about weed, not worth all the trouble. I stopped you cause it looked like you were doing a deal. Pick up your blunt, and find a different spot to smoke." That was it, 5 minutes later me and my homie were smoking and laughing at what just went down.

i heard about that versace :smokin

but yea the names are ridiculous

i dont even bother with them TBH..

as long as its loud, and from my dude, im good.

It tasted like flowers. It was awesome. All time favorite is g13 though. That will leave me slumped. Perfect for my sleep problems.

Really depends on how much you have OP. I've been caught smoking in the whip and had a few grams on me but the cops here are lenient. Dude told me to get out the car, throw the trees on the ground and step on it. Sucks because it was money wasted but I saved a trip to jail.
laugh.gif
 But for what though?

Acting like he's your dad or something lol. 
mean.gif

A hom
So True.

Me and a friend were in my car across the street from my house when this cop rolls up on us (he was parked 20 feet behind us I didn't see him it was dark). looked like he was the meanest cop ever . He walked up and saw the blunt in my hand and in the cup holder next to me asked me wtf was in my hand opened my door and told me to drop it on the street. took me out of my car searched me and sat me down again. He took my id went to his car 2 mins later came back and said " look we don't care about weed, not worth all the trouble. I stopped you cause it looked like you were doing a deal. Pick up your blunt, and find a different spot to smoke." That was it, 5 minutes later me and my homie were smoking and laughing at what just went down.
:wow: :lol: :pimp:

Yup . Cops don't trip on weed .
just always have the clear eyes mouth wash and cologne on d when you smoke and drive . It's the best .

Just Got my rec . Can't beat the prices and selections . Waiting on ppl gets tiring

How about this question, hopefully someone who has tried both can give me a non biased answer...

How does NY sour compare to say OG Kush from Cali? I only say NY sour because its the most common, distinguishable high grade weed NY gets and I wanna know how much better weed can possibly get lol

Ive gotten OG Kush that was supposedly from Cali. It was definitely on the same level as sour but had more of a body high. It wasn't the generic NYC indica that people call kush either. But you never know what youre actually getting here I guess...

Last edited:
Smoked with a Cali chick last night. She kept bragging about being from Cali and that how she's smoked the best. Came through with some OG gas and blew her head off. Then she proceeded to blow my head off >D

i love when people always wanna brag about what they've tried or had before

then hit what i have and are like "damnnn" a few minutes later :lol:

dont get me wrong, cali always has the best bud though…

I've never really been a smoker, really only smoked occasionally at parties or something but man, This one dude was always accused of having bammer so I smokes some stuff he had, think it was called platinum girl scout cookies or something like that. Man, never have I been so high. I was stuck frozen solid.

Also at the Dom Kennedy concert we were just smoking in front of cops and they didn't give a damn. Got so high I fell asleep at the concert.

Never once have been stopped by the police for smoking weed. I used to smoke on my porch everday and wave to the neighbors cutting grass. In The Bay it seemed pretty much everyone from kids, college goers, hippies, squares, and old folks smoke from time to time.

But in terms of jobs, of course you have to be smart. Usually with any time I needed to look for work I stopped smoking, but I was surprised on how many jobs didn't drug test :lol:

I was working entry level jobs back then, I would assume any type of real work required a clean test.

I never really saw the point in a medical card in the Bay, **** everyone you know sells weed. I had a guy I went to, but he was my boy and if he didn't have it there were at least for five other people I could call. Worst case scenario I would look for some hoodlum and roll the dice on quality, which after visiting other places was pretty damn good.

Real **** Cali people don't know how lucky they are to be there, you got to work to find some bammer tree.

Never once have been stopped by the police for smoking weed. I used to smoke on my porch everday and wave to the neighbors cutting grass. In The Bay it seemed pretty much everyone from kids, college goers, hippies, squares, and old folks smoke from time to time.

But in terms of jobs, of course you have to be smart. Usually with any time I needed to look for work I stopped smoking, but I was surprised on how many jobs didn't drug test :lol:

I was working entry level jobs back then, I would assume any type of real work required a clean test.

Most retail bank jobs don't drug test.

How do you all go about obtaining these cards?

My wife went clinic paid 200 and got the card, that was back in 08 though :lol:

It's a lot easier. My friend got his at a marijuana festival or something like that for $50 in a tent.

Another one of my friends got his for $50 from a doctor.

Burned some cookies at Disneyland back in March at the smoking section. Folks didn't give a damb and seen a couple burning a vape pen. Had to hurry though to get good seats for the fireworks. My high *** got lost lol

Back
Top Bottom