Question about college classes

So just now finding myself in a situation where I might have to withdraw from the class.
So when you withdraw are there any records on your transcript saying that you withdrew, or is it just like you were never in the class?
cause I don't want this class ruining my GPA, which is already not too impressive.

If you drop the class before the deadline you should be fine.

If not, there's a big ol' W left on your record.

Some grad schools look down upon too many Ws.

It won't count towards GPA, but on your transcript it would show a W

There should be a date at your school where you can drop a course without any academic or financial penalty.

My school has today as the last day you can drop without either penalties, and Mid October is the last day you can drop with no academic penalty, but only a50% refund in tuition.

Your school is prolly similar.

depends on where you go to school. this is a better question for the registrar's office or an academic advisor at your school

you think Employers will look over it when they see you took the same class again and actually finished?
I just want a different teacher

Yo wes, which class is it? Just head to Charger Central and ask them when the deadline to drop is. If you drop before the deadline it won't show up. ButI'd suggest trying to apply for pass/fail since you technically already paid for the class. Pass/Fail allows you to take a class and it will just show ifyou passed or failed, it won't show a letter grade. Just something to think about. How you liking UAH anyways?

It's British Literature all we do is write papers and failed my first one, I didn't think it was going to be like that. UAH is alright all I really dois go to class then come home though, and only met a handful of people who I didn't know from high school.

for my university,for a 16 week class, you have by the end of the 3th week to drop without a GRADE. it wont affect your GPA at all. i think you may justreceive a Withdraw (W) on your transcript. at the end of the 12th week, is when you can drop without dean's approval and receive a WP or WF. WP doesntaffect GPA. WF does. some teachers are helpful and give the WP even if youre failing. end of 15th week, you need dean's approval to drop.

some times you can get the teacher involved 100% and help them help you to where its not on your transcript at all. I struggled 14 weeks through a class andwas given a basic Withdraw.

if youre school is like my school, i would fight it out for 8 more weeks until that 12th week mark. no need in dropping now

Originally Posted by eye see soles

If you drop the class before the deadline you should be fine.

If not, there's a big ol' W left on your record.

Some grad schools look down upon too many Ws.
Pretty much. Nothing will appear if you withdraw in time and if you don't you get a "W."

My friend took Comp I his first semester and didn't read the syllabus. He did all the papers except one and ended up failing the class because hedidn't turn in one paper. He had to take it over during the summer. Some professors here are on power trips.

I heard a story about an art teacher. This student showed the teacher his project right before he was about to turn it in. The teacher said he should touch upa small part with ink. Dude twists off the cap of the ink jar and it spills all over his project covering it. The teacher saw this as it happened and whendude was like, can I get credit for what you saw, the teacher told him to do it over again. Dude thought he was playing but the teacher basically said, thesooner he starts the less points he will minus off for it being late.

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

My friend took Comp I his first semester and didn't read the syllabus. He did all the papers except one and ended up failing the class because he didn't turn in one paper. He had to take it over during the summer. Some professors here are on power trips.

I heard a story about an art teacher. This student showed the teacher his project right before he was about to turn it in. The teacher said he should touch up a small part with ink. Dude twists off the cap of the ink jar and it spills all over his project covering it. The teacher saw this as it happened and when dude was like, can I get credit for what you saw, the teacher told him to do it over again. Dude thought he was playing but the teacher basically said, the sooner he starts the less points he will minus off for it being late.

I would of been like "It's abstract."

haha that's ridiculous. I haven't ran into any problems with any teachers yet. Just I'm not good at writing essays and when every test is an essaytest, it's time to find a new teacher

yo i was just about to make this thread too, my math class is WAYYYY over my head, was ok at first but i have no idea whats going on now, swinging by theoffice tomorrow to drop it

Back
Top Bottom