R&B Thread About Nothing

84E31610-08AF-4BF7-B1DD-38189AA723ED.jpeg

All of this Kellz talk got me jamming out to this:

As far as him being cancelled, that is some bogus bandwagon BS IMO! Like why folks want to do all of this now? Why did they not do it during the trial like over 10 years ago? If folks were able to two-step to his music back then, they need to keep that same energy and continue to do so. I have not been able to listen to his freakier music for years and those have been cancelled for me, but I can listen to songs like Love Letter and joints where he is not talking about sex. R. Kelly and sex together are 2 things that I can no longer think about.

Love Letter and Write Me Back are both classics.

Jamie is a 90's R&B artist through and through. Even when he dropped Unpredictable, you could feel all of his 90's stylings oozing through a lot of those songs. When I was in high school (01-05) I spent a great deal of time piecing together his album from the 90's and gathering whatever other live performances were online at the time. Here's a gem from the album. Straight 90's ballad...right down to the gospel break down.

Jamie, at the time, was just too identifiable as the standup comic and his "Wanda" character for that album to really catch on. Plus, there was A LOT of really good r&b music out during those years.

Back
Top Bottom