R&B Thread About Nothing

Anybody ever heard of or mess with Lorenzo Smith? I guess he bubbled in the 90s and then lost all traction in a label war

The 90s was so stacked A LOT of talented dudes just went under the radar :smh:

Real sensual Keith Sweat-esque stuff tho :pimp:

YOOOO.....Make Love 2 Me was THE JAM!!!!! Now this is some straight crate digging music right there and I am SOOOO here for it! :smile:

8C79B408-D4FB-4917-AE36-1E9B32EB2B04.jpeg

very interesting.. check the whole thread.

I’m surprised this is news to anyone. She’s never been respected as a singer or actress and everyone knew she had other vocals on records and wasn’t singing. She was just a pretty girl that all races liked. Her music is forgotten.

Thought this was an underrated song. Never really heard people talking about it when I was a kid, but I always liked it.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but IMO Floetry's demo version of the song was better than MJ's, but it was very smart for them to sell it to him/write it for him.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but IMO Floetry's demo version of the song was better than MJ's, but it was very smart for them to sell it to him/write it for him.
Hmmm...never even heard about that. I'm gunna check that out later. Seems like a Floetry type of song.

Edit: Just heard bits and pieces of it. It fits them better, but I still like the Michael Jackson version better since I favor his voice slightly more than there's.

Just finished the whole thing. There are some things that are better in their version, it sounds a bit more emotional and they show more vocal range. Kinda makes me wished they collaborated.:frown:
Exactly! Floetry's version had more soul in it and I felt Marsha singing this to a guy, whereas I could never picture MJ singing it to a woman. To me he was just singing a song and put his "spank" on it.

Exactly! Floetry's version had more soul in it and I felt Marsha singing this to a guy, whereas I could never picture MJ singing it to a woman. To me he was just singing a song and put his "spank" on it.
Lol, it doesn't fit his personality at all. I always thought it was just him and his team trying something new.:lol:

I still favor it though as it's the first version I've heard. But, I'll add the Floetry version to my rotation. Still weird that they're from the UK, used to think they were from DC or Philly when I was a kid, I thought their accent on songs was a musical style of some sort.:rofl:

Lol, it doesn't fit his personality at all. I always thought it was just him and his team trying something new.:lol:

I still favor it though as it's the first version I've heard. But, I'll add the Floetry version to my rotation. Still weird that they're from the UK, used to think they were from DC or Philly when I was a kid, I thought their accent on songs was a musical style of some sort.:rofl:
Well, you not off at all with Philly since they did live there for a period of time and their style was that early 2000s neo-soul that Philly repped. DC though.....HMMMM.....I am from DC and would have claimed Floetry in a heartbeat! I would have done a trade - Amerie for them! LOL Naw, I like Amerie, but she is from Alaska who went to HS and college in DC, so I have to save all of the home grown DC folks and sacrifice her. LMAO

Well, you not off at all with Philly since they did live there for a period of time and their style was that early 2000s neo-soul that Philly repped. DC though.....HMMMM.....I am from DC and would have claimed Floetry in a heartbeat! I would have done a trade - Amerie for them! LOL Naw, I like Amerie, but she is from Alaska who went to HS and college in DC, so I have to save all of the home grown DC folks and sacrifice her. LMAO
Damn, Amerie is from Alaska?! Her first CD was solid though, definitely has that smooth sound.

I always appreciated how laid back people are in Philly for it being a big city. DC seems to have that demeanor too, but I didn't spend enough time there to really get the feel of the city since I was hitting up tourist sites most of the time.

That Remy Shand album is fire and I still jam it regularly. I remember him and Robin Thicke both coming out in ‘02 at the same time Timberlake went solo, so neither of em stood a chance. They only let one white cat through that year :lol:

Damn, Amerie is from Alaska?! Her first CD was solid though, definitely has that smooth sound.

I always appreciated how laid back people are in Philly for it being a big city. DC seems to have that demeanor too, but I didn't spend enough time there to really get the feel of the city since I was hitting up tourist sites most of the time.

Well, if you came to DC after like the mid 2000s, you did not miss a thing! I feel the soul of DC has been sucked out and one reason is because DC's Go-Go music is not really played in the city anymore.....I am only here now for work purposes.

Talking to you made this song pop in my head (mainly because it is a R&B song with a Go-Go beat).....plus I did not hear this remix played too much back in the day.

Back
Top Bottom