R.I.P Kobe Bryant.

Dude came into the league as a boss. Said on draft day he was going to win the dunk contest. Boy did he! I'll never forget that. I was like who does this dude think he is? Mamba.

Same here, I was too young for MJ's career (I'm in my mid-30s) but followed Kobe's career right from the start.
Same being born in 87. Just caught the tail end of MJ’s last years with Chicago but I watched Kobe play for nearly 20 years. He’s the MJ of this generation.

356AAE7E-6B79-4A9C-A67E-76263F8149B9.jpeg

Rest in power

The duty-free tycoon and owner of Leicester City, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, died in a helicopter crash outside of the club’s King Power Stadium following the Foxes’ Premier League match on Saturday night.
Vichai, 60, and four other people were killed when the helicopter they were traveling in crashed in a car park just outside the stadium shortly after taking off from the pitch. On Sunday evening, Leicester City confirmed the loss of its owner.

Dude had the latest & greatest helicopter...Crashed at takeoff from his Soccer Stadium in UK

Exactly.

Plus Uber trying to get this whole helicopter ride sharing thing going...using the same chopper Kobe died in.

Lockheed out here trying to close plants and focusing on defense now too?

"Both the Sikorsky S-76D and the S-92A have sold poorly in recent years in the wake of a contracting offshore energy industry, and used models of both are for sale in plentiful supply following the bankruptcy filings of two leading offshore helicopter operators this year, PHI and Bristow Group, and helicopter lessor Waypoint late last year."

Without flight recorder data (which the FAA refuses to mandate even after years of NTSB requests) how do we know this ain't a Boeing 737 Max thing?

These things don't happen for nothing.

Without flight recorders it's easy to say pilot error... especially when there's money at stake.

I just don't trust these corporations and their deregulation coveting lobbyists.

Nothing to stop them from cutting corners just like Automakers...but at least there's recalls and such for cars.

Bottom line...get those black boxes mandated.

Call it the Kobe Bill.

Growing up as a Warriors fan in the 90s-2000s, I couldn't stand Kobe and the Lakers simply because he was that good. Like most, it was hard to really appreciate his mentality and work ethic until we got older. Rest in peace.

I was never a Lakers fan but I always put respect on Kobe's skills. Tragic news this Sunday. And the daughter died as well. 2020 is starting off on that bull****. RIP Kobe.

Back
Top Bottom